• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Questions

superswade

I was wondering if any experienced folks had any suggestions on what they thought was the best way for a new person to set up a payment system. Basically I just want to get up and running ASAP and was wondering what would be the best way to do so.

I've never run any type of online store before... I'm running the store from my home server and was wondering about what was the safest / easiest way to set it up for credit card transactions etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Scott

get up and running ASAP
safest / easiest

It is a very important decision for your store and depends on what you are looking for. Do you want CVV, AVS, VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, Checks, etc. All merchant account providers are different and there is no easy/fast way to do it. There is the correct way and to research them all (the ones that come with osC and the ones that can be added through contributions) and then make a choice as to which one will best suit your needs and the needs of your customers. Do your homework is about the best answer I can give and then make sure before you go live that the information that your customers provide you is handled in a secure and professional manner.

Peter

While you are thinking about it you can set up pay pal. It is simple fast and does not require any uip front monies to get online with a some what automated payment system. Setting up a gateway and online payment is relatively complicated if you have never done this before. Credit cards are the new thing online and are widely used now with the new AIM method of taking orders, so you should if you are planning on being any kind of a merchant take these cards. I can suggest a few to you if you would like that I could walk you through.

JM

Always remember, we need patience, guidance and most of all understanding.

My Contributions

Archived