• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site just went Live :)

dblake

If you are going to use 96k high res images for your products, you are really going to need to install a thumbnail contribution.

Page load took a bit on my commercial 3Mbit connection, dialup would not wait 3 minutes per page to buy your rings no matter how cool they are.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Spellcheck your site: "jewerly" and "totaling" (well we spell it totalling in the UK)

Nice looking site. Slow to load though as previously commented. Try optimising your images.

yea in the UK you guys add an extra "l" :-P but its all spelt correctly. I think its my webhosting company cuz i have optimized my images. Anyway its weird its real slow at times and other times its fast. I dunno. Thanks for the comments.

Don't know about all spelled correctly. On the main page you have two spellings for jewellery:

jewerly and jewelry - I guess the second of these is the correct US version.

Great looking site though. Load times seemed OK to me but I'm on broadband.

Good luck with it.

Nice job with the banner and other cosmetic elements to make the site unique. You may want to reconsider the checkout process on some items however. For instance the Small Square Ruby Gemstone Ring. It is not immediatly clear that I need to enter a quantity before clicking "Add to Cart". Otherwise, nice job. The site load time is very reasonable.

All that has been fixed and thankyou for all the input and help in looking at my site. After staring at code all day for a couple of weeks I tend to look over things. Thankyou so much :)

-Dennis

Archived