• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buytechgear.com goes live!

Final the day has come, I am now officially open for business. Still have alot of work to do like fixing some of the products descriptions, listing on nextag and other sights, getting a search engine to list me...agghh that takes a while......

so please let me know if you see anything I should change, would appreciate it alot :D

Thanks in advance for stopping by...... :)http://www.Buytechgear.com

Not loading here:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /storestorestorestorestorestore

storesrestorestorestorestorestorestorestorestorestorestoresto

restorestorestorestore on this server.

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

All you have to do is have your Virtual directory point to your catalog Index page. If you are on a Unix box you will have to call your webhost and have them change the conf file to point to your catalog page, or on a Windows box just change the Home directory path in IIS to point to your catalog folder. That's It.

Great logo very crisp.

Try to make the rest of your site look like your logo and you can't go wrong.

The side pretty much looks like a standard install of OSC.

does anyone see anything wrong with my header????

also, I would like to know if you were a customer, would you buy from my store? What should I change, if changes are needed for you to want to buy..... B)

I have a couple suggs, alot of this is the same stuff I did the first time too:

1. As a internet shopper, going to a "tech gear" website, I'd like to think the shopper knows how to add a bookmark, no need for an entire infobox devoted to it.

2. Your reviews box is giving me a "Call to undefined function"

3. Unless I logged in, every visitor doesn't need the "order track" box. Its cool and all, but only if I was logged in.

4. Not a big fan of the rounded corners on all the infoboxes, the colors don't match up well, esp on the right corner.

5. Everybody logs IP's, I already know this, I don't have to see it (but then again I'm a network eng. so avg joe may want to see this?) I dunno hard to say...

Don't see anything wrong with the header though, unless you mean the link images are larger than your store graphic, or that they take focus away, then yeah.

HTH

Noel

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

Appreciate those suggestions Noel :)

your right about those corners, I looked closer and I see the right side is off, gonna make some changes to that...

your right on just about all of your suggestions, I guess a bookmark infobox is really not needed....

going to take a look at the reviews box, worked yesterday when I checked it <_< probably a bug.....

the order tracking will take me some time, got to figure out how to only display it when someone is logged in.....

the IP thing is just to scare off low level hackers or whatnot.....think I might actually keep that :P

the scrolling on the bestsellers list i would lose that, just make it static. takes up processor time, also bandwidth, slows the site down, ever so minutely but still slows it down. if going to a tech site, as stated above, people want speed, etc.

double check your spelling, should run things thru a spell checker.

"New items are added almost on a daily bases"

bases refers to something totally different than what you mean, should be 'basis'.

if it were me, i would put it as 'Many new items weekly' if you do not add daily

This may help, add this to the very top of your boxes/ordertrack or whatever:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

blah

blah

blah

} //this at the very end.

I'm sure you can do the same thing for the referenced box in includes/column_left too.

I think that should work. I do that for my affiliates info box. I don't want regular customers to see it, so when an affiliate logs in through the link under information, the box'll pop up for the duration of their login.

As for the other stuff, I thought long and hard about what to have and what not to, and after thinking about it, I got rid of almost everything, you can see what I got rid of by going to my site through my user profile. I figured if I get enough emails about a product they liked, I'll add a review or testimonial box/page, but for the startup, I have nothing, and I don't want customers to see I have nothing, so I killed it. How many are going to go back to the site to write something about a product? I had a hard enough time getting feedback for eb@y stuff I sold.

But then again, I have a different user base, you'll have to look at your site through their eyes.

Like I said, I did the same thing on my first site. OSC is just soooo very cool with so much to add I wanted it all. But then its overwhelming to the customer.

I have the same ip contro too, I just use it for user tracking and orders now tho :D

Noel

9 times out of 10 its a PEBCAK Error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)

Replace that and you're fine...

double check your spelling, should run things thru a spell checker.

"New items are added almost on a daily bases"

bases refers to something totally different than what you mean, should be 'basis'.

if it were me, i would put it as 'Many new items weekly' if you do not add daily

:blink: man I need to go back to school.....thanks for those suggestions, will do a spell check ;)

May also use that "Many New items weekly" thing....

When I click on shipping and returns under the information box I get:

Parse error: parse error in /home/buytec52/public_html/includes/languages/english/shipping.php on line 53

hhmm this is weird, worked fine yesterday when I ran thru and was doing checks......odd... :huh:

will fix in a jiff.....

This may help, add this to the very top of your boxes/ordertrack or whatever:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

blah

blah

blah

} //this at the very end.

I'm sure you can do the same thing for the referenced box in includes/column_left too.

I think that should work. I do that for my affiliates info box. I don't want regular customers to see it, so when an affiliate logs in through the link under information, the box'll pop up for the duration of their login.

As for the other stuff, I thought long and hard about what to have and what not to, and after thinking about it, I got rid of almost everything, you can see what I got rid of by going to my site through my user profile. I figured if I get enough emails about a product they liked, I'll add a review or testimonial box/page, but for the startup, I have nothing, and I don't want customers to see I have nothing, so I killed it. How many are going to go back to the site to write something about a product? I had a hard enough time getting feedback for eb@y stuff I sold.

But then again, I have a different user base, you'll have to look at your site through their eyes.

Like I said, I did the same thing on my first site. OSC is just soooo very cool with so much to add I wanted it all. But then its overwhelming to the customer.

I have the same ip contro too, I just use it for user tracking and orders now tho :D

Noel

aahhh sweet.... :D

thanks for the tip, and nice job on that website, looks clean ;)

Archived