• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to connect to database server!

betty

Hi Everyone,

My site which I'm currently building has been working fine up till today when I uploaded a few files (mostly just because I'd done a Find and Replace across the site with a new stylesheet class), and suddenly it's disappeared and i'm confronted with this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'cukooco_lizdanah@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/cukooco/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I know this message has come up a lot in the forums before, but unlike other people's posts, my configure.php files were working fine until an hour ago and i haven't changed them.

Is there something really obvious i don't know about?

Betty

what has happened to the password since I last set this up for you

the password is wrong in the configure.php files

if you changed the password after I last set things up then you will need to change the password in the configure.php files to reflect the new password

do you need me to have a look at it again if so you can pm me

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

hi steve,

thanks again - i think i worked it out - I really don't know what's going on. i hadn't changed anything on the configure files but then i tried to change the password to the other one i thought it might be then it started working again. sorry for all the hassle!

betty

I had that same problem, never figured it out.....I did nothing to the config files so I have no clue why it did that.....

Liz

There is no hassle, just the cats curiosity I will pm you what I left the password to be

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived