• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ok, I'm the new guy....

I am new to OS Commerece. I have a store that is made with agora, so I am very used to that....but I am lost when it comes to OSC. I need help getting started. I host with Ipowerweb and I installed OS through their interface. I can log on to the admin. and I understand how that all works. I just cant figure out how to edit the stores look. Heres my questions.....

1.) Where are the files located???? With agora, it they were in my cgi-bin, and I could edit them from there. but I cant find the OS files anywhere.

Actually, thats my only question right now....once I figure that out, I can probably figure out the rest on my own.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

-Jeremy

The files are in a directory called catalog but may be called store

if you can accesss the admin look in your address bar back one directory this will be the directory that holds the files

for information on editing the files and which files to edit click on the links in my signature

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Ok, I found them. They are in my Public_Ftp folder not my Public_html folder. So heres my new question. Is there a way to get these files into frontpage for editing, rather then doing through my host manager???

I maybe wrong, Frontpage cant handle PHP, Frontpage also adds in and changes the files, so I wouldnt bother. I would be inclined to leave the php code alone, and just edit the html part of the files instead.

A question for you though re AGORA, is it an equivalent to OSCommerce, I appreicate your comments

Peter

• 1 month later...
I am new to OS Commerece. I have a store that is made with agora, so I am very used to that....but I am lost when it comes to OSC. I need help getting started. I host with Ipowerweb and I installed OS through their interface. I can log on to the admin. and I understand how that all works. I just cant figure out how to edit the stores look. Heres my questions.....

1.) Where are the files located???? With agora, it they were in my cgi-bin, and I could edit them from there. but I cant find the OS files anywhere.

Actually, thats my only question right now....once I figure that out, I can probably figure out the rest on my own.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

-Jeremy

If you havent found out already, ipowerweb has a very outdated version of OSCommerce installed in the control panel.

If you havent already done so, go ahead and download the new version (not the update) and follow my installation tutorial here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=89185

Hope this helps.

BTW- I like OSCommerce much better than agora. It is also much simpler. The current iPowerweb version of oscommerce is non-upgradeable because of wheere they installed the cart.

-Jyn

=======,+'^'+,===============================

Jyn Meyer

`+,.,+' Be Glad the world sucks- if it didn't we would all fall off.

===========================================

I have ipower as well and I would second Jyn's recommendation to start with the upgraded version. You will save yourself a lot of headaches starting with the newest one as it is difficult to get support on the older versions. It wasn't very difficult to install from the oscommerce site...I did it and I'm a techno dummy!

Archived