• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Attributes for Product

I thought I'd post this in hopes someone has made a similar modification and could advise on the 1)feasability and 2)level of effort required.

I'm new to OSC but well versed in PHP applications and MySQL.

My project requires a set of conditional attributes. The products are handbags (approx 35 styles) and they are made to order.

Attribute #1 is choice of exterior fabric. There can be up to 20 choices. No change in cost of product.

Attribute #2 is choice of button or bow (only if attribute #1 is a solid fabric color, not a pattern) Adds $ to cost of product. (Gee, the attributes have attributes!!!)

Attribute #3 is choice of interior fabric and is dependent on #1. Only specified interior fabric choices are presented depending on what ext fabric is chosen. No change in cost.

As if that wasn't hard enough, all of the attributes need photos.

I realize this will require writing a custom front end to OSC with modifications to the database and existing components.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Milt

DUDE good freaking luck on this one boy oh boy I thought my assignment was hard WOW

wow something like

if ((("$_get[attribute[1]]") == ("$attributevalue[1]")) XOR ("$_get[attribute[2]]") !=

never mind man this is getting way too deep for me to even comprehead holy crap turn down the assignment and run :ph34r:

Yep, that's what I wanted to hear :huh:

Can't walk away from this one since it's a long and valuable client. It's just going to take some serious work and I'll never be able to easily install an upgrade when I'm through.

-Milt

This sounds like fun.

I think its tricky, but not that tricky. With use of some JavaScript, and DB calls I dont' see it being that hard.

I would however say that you will need to make a few changes to the attributes table in the database.

The image naming convension will be VERY important also. if you stick to a good naming convenstion you could just write JavaScript/PHP/mySQL call to make the image swap out when appropritea.

I need to read the rules more often...

Archived