• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

install hell

austin

Hi people,

call me stupid but all of the problems posted here seem to occur after the one I'm experiencing. I've d/l'ed OS and u/l'ed catalog to remote server. Following the on screen install, once I've entered the DB details, DB is successfully tested and then I always get ' having problem accessing bla bla bla at ../index.php?step=3. I thought the prob might b disabled global vars but I rectified that via .htaccess and still no change. Can anyone please help me out??

While I'm here, what is the difference between the linux and windows D/L, I d/l'ed the windows version and didn't seem 2 have a problem unzipping even though I'm using a mac os.9. My site is hosted on Portland.co.uk if that makes a difference. Portland web servers are based around IBM AIX and IBM RS/6000 web servers.

cheers 4 any help u can give

keep happy

austin

So it's not finding the sample database to import?

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

cheers 4 the reply Alan ...

the database is located in the same folder ... www.mydomain.com/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

is this correct? and is this likely 2 b the problem?

ta

is correct, contains the details for the sample db which is automagicalkly filled during the install procedure.

afterwords you can trow the install dir away, or keep it renamed as a back-up in case you faq-up later on during yr experiments and want to redo the whole thing and start all over again.

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

I just helped someone else out.

For some reason the installer just refused to accept the data put into the field for the file server absolute path. So we cludged the installer script to get it to read the sample db file.

If you've got phpMyAdmin installed you can just import it that way, then set the config files yourself.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived