• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Overlapping text

Hi All,

Just about to go live with my site (I thought) and noticed a problem with text display.

Simple text throughout the site overlaps on itself, so if there are three lines in the product description, for example, they are all printed vitually on the same line. It's almost like the space between each line is not defined properly. Every piece of text on the site which runs to multiple lines overlaps to some degree or another. I tested the site in Safari and Internet Explorer (IE is even worse than Safari).

I have restored the stylesheet.css just in case I had made a CSS change which OSC didn't like but there was no improvement.

Please help as I am so close to getting my store online.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Regards

D.

as with your other post it is much easier if you supply a url to the site this allows for visual clues and analysis whereby a view source can be performed if needed.

You say this is for product descriptions can you give an example as to what exactly was written for a discription include any code used.

The more exact you can be with your post the more accurate a response you can seek

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Hi Steve,

It's not online yet - I'm just working locally until everything is 100%, then I was planning to upload it.

I'll have another trawl through the stylesheet, but as I mentioned in another post, I have restored the original to try to resolve another issue and both problems keep occurring.

Thanks again.

D.

I just thought I would save you some time

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Got to the bottom of things.

In stylesheet.css, there was a line defining the line height as 1.5 pixels!!!!!! I didn't know the line height could be defined in this way! Anyway, removed it and everything seems OK. I then checked the original download stylesheet file and it's in there :

TD.main, P.main {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

line-height: 1.5;

Any ideas why it's there and if my removal of it will cause any unforseen problems?

Regards

D.

Archived