• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After installing Maxi DVD contrib

I am getting the below 3 errors/problems after installing the Maxi DVD contrib. Now I am not sure if they are all caused by this contrib or not but any help would be greatly appreciated! The site in question is HandMadeTraders.com Thanks in advance.

1) Home page Error

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/mainpage.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wcm/public_html/index.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/mainpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wcm/public_html/index.php on line 307

2) Navigation from another site on our server is showing up

3) In admin when clicking on "catalog" then "Define page" I get the below error...

BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE EnglishDeutschEspa?ol

TEXT_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

Knowledge is Power!

TEXT_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

this should be because of a missing define in the english.php

1) Home page Error

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/mainpage.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wcm/public_html/index.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/mainpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wcm/public_html/index.php on line 307

can be caused by a wrong path in the configure.php

could be a cookie problem or that the sites are sharing the same tmp directory

what are your settings for cache sessions and cookies doyou use mysql for sessions or the tmp folder

If you are not shure about the mysql check your configure.php files does the last line say

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

or

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

There we go. I knew there were some good people out there. Below is an update to my errors. I reinstalled the entire contrib & the problem has changed slightly but it still is not perfect.

1) The main page does not load & this is the error I get:

Table 'handmade_osc1.information' doesn't exist

2) This was on the home page before the above happened:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/mainpage.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/handmade/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/mainpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/handmade/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 307

3) DEFINE MAINPAGE link in the admin reads as "BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE"

4) Under Tools in Admin I have these 2 new links...

BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE

BOX_INFORMATION_MANAGER

Edited by MattMallory

Knowledge is Power!

Now more about #4

BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE links to the same page as #3 does. Why is it in the admin 2 times?

BOX_INFORMATION_MANAGER gives me the below error which is the same one that is on the home page...

Information ERROR: Table 'handmade_osc1.information' doesn't exist

Knowledge is Power!

TEXT_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

this should be because of a missing define in the english.php

1) Home page Error

can be caused by a wrong path in the configure.php

could be a cookie problem or that the sites are sharing the same tmp directory

what are your settings for cache sessions and cookies doyou use mysql for sessions or the tmp folder

If you are not shure about the mysql check your configure.php files does the last line say

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

or

It is

Knowledge is Power!

• 2 weeks later...

What no one knows why I am getting the below errors?

Knowledge is Power!

Let me refrase that. Changing the define_mainpage.php to mainpage.php ONLY fixed #2 which was the below. I still have errors 1, 3 & 4 which I have relisted below if anyone has an idea on what I can do to fix this. Thanks in advance!

1) The main page does not load & this is the error I get:

Table 'handmade_osc1.information' doesn't exist

2) FIXED! = Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/mainpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/handmade/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 307

3) DEFINE MAINPAGE link in the admin reads as "BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE"

4) Under Tools in Admin I have these 2 new links...

BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE links to the same page as #3 does. Why is it in the admin 2 times?

BOX_INFORMATION_MANAGER gives me the below error which is the same one that is on the home page...

Information ERROR: Table 'handmade_osc1.information' doesn't exist

Knowledge is Power!