• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Faster Page Loads

Hi. can someone please help me, i get this anoying error when i turn on the function in admin.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxheading in /home/xxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/catalog/boxes/shopping_cart.php on line 28

i have AutoTheme installed, and im not sure if it conflicts somehow

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello

where must be past configuration_cache.php?

I have this mention in admin

Warning: Division by zero in c:\web\www\xxx\includes\classes\split_page_results.php on line 52
1064 - Erreur de syntaxe pr?s de 'MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS' ? la ligne 1

select currencies_id, title, code, symbol_left, symbol_right, decimal_point, thousands_point, decimal_places, last_updated, value from currencies order by title limit 0, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS

[TEP STOP]

[/code]ERROR_NO_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_DEFINED

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

hi evrybody

I do have a problem with seting the path to the config_cache.php

I am on a VPS and when I create a folder on same leves as httpdocs I get an error

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File( 'path to folder on same level as httpdocs' /osc_config_cache/config_cache.php) is not within the allowed path(s): ('path to'/httpdocs:/tmp)

if I change the folder/file path in configuration_cache_read.php to ... path to ... /httpdocs/tmp/osc_config_cache/config_cache.php it workz smoothly, but that would mean that the file is placed in a space where it is not meant to be, right?

the httpd.include file specifies the php_admin_value open_base_dir as ..../httpdocs:/tmp and I cannot change that as it will be overwritten by webserver cp-panel software automtically

so where can I specify the file to be generated in a save place on my server?

thy for yr input

dahui

• 3 months later...
I had same error, after I attempted to install a new shipping module. at first I thought I had done something wrong for the new module, but it was the configuration cache file..

I do not know why, but an additional *unneccessary* line got written in the configuration cache file. try to look at the cache file and delete the blank define line.. which looks like..

define (,'');

or something like that.

it solved the problem for me, but hopefully someone can point out why it's doing the odd behavior. :-/ certainly i don't want to edit the cache file everytime i change the setting

hope it works for you.

Dear,

I had the same error and the reason is because I had a in the configuration table I had a record without a configuration key. Removed and problem solved.

Rgds,

Hans

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I can't get the contrib working.

I created the cache file outside my public_html and installed everything as described but the result is THIS:

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/folder/includes/application_top.php on line 285.

HELP, please!

Thanks in advance.

I tried to install this into my creloaded website. After i tried to update through the admin, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_db_prepare_input() in /hsphere/local/home/jchi10/bettertogift.com/m1njungk1mch1admin/configuration.php on line 35

I used the instructions for MS1. Does anyone know if this contribution can be added to CREloaded? If so, what this error means? Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...
Hey All,

I got the page being written and read from the right cached directory but I believe it is writing the file wrong.

When i goto the site now I get a simple error from the written file

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/solissty/config_cache/config_cache.php on line 280

and line 280 is the last line of the config file. I looked at the file and it cant seem to find the parse error anywhere, has anyone had this happen?

thanks.

Mike

Hello,

I'm getting the same Parse error as listed above every time I Update any of my settings in admin. Just in my created /config_cache/config_cache.php there is always added a spare line with define(,'');

So, I need to edit my cache file everytime i change the setting. Is there any better solution?

Thanks.

Edited by Irin

Hello,

I'm getting the same Parse error as listed above every time I Update any of my settings in admin. Just in my created /config_cache/config_cache.php there is always added a spare line with define(,'');

So, I need to edit my cache file everytime i change the setting. Is there any better solution?

Thanks.

In your configuration table look for a record where the value for the field, configuration_value, for that record is empty.

Delete the line.

Then try and change one of your settings in admin.

Your online success is Paramount.

In your configuration table look for a record where the value for the field, configuration_value, for that record is empty.

Delete the line.

Then try and change one of your settings in admin.

Thanks for such a fast reply, Emmett. I looked at my configuration table and I do have 2 records that have no values in configuration_value, use_function, and set_function columns. Here they are:

configuration_id configuration_title configuration_key configuration_value configuration_description configuration_group_id sort_order last_modified date_added use_function set_function

799 Phone details to: MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_PHONETO What phone number should credit card details be phoned through to ? 6 5 2006-05-27 21:59:31

825 Store logo MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STORE_LOGO The image file name for PayPal to display (leave empty if your store does not have SSL) 6 0 2006-05-27 22:01:53

These records are used by other contributions and I can't just remove them from my configuration table, if this is what you meant. Is there any better solution?

Thanks.

Thanks for such a fast reply, Emmett. I looked at my configuration table and I do have 2 records that have no values in configuration_value, use_function, and set_function columns. Here they are:

These records are used by other contributions and I can't just remove them from my configuration table, if this is what you meant. Is there any better solution?

Thanks.

The field to focus on is configuration_value - put valid information in that field for the two records you mentioned.

Your online success is Paramount.

The field to focus on is configuration_value - put valid information in that field for the two records you mentioned.

I put values in these two records but the one which still has an empty value in configuration_values is

602 Installed Modules This is automatically updated. No need to edit. 6 0 2005-07-19 12:19:54

I thought it was created by the contribution. What values should I put there? I have no idea.

I tryed to put 0 into configuration_value field and then tryed to update my setting, but still getting the same parse error. I guess, the problem is somewhere else.

Thanks.

Edited by Irin

I put values in these two records but the one which still has an empty value in configuration_values is

I thought it was created by the contribution. What values should I put there? I have no idea.

I tryed to put 0 into configuration_value field and then tryed to update my setting, but still getting the same parse error. I guess, the problem is somewhere else.

Thanks.

The problem is gone if I delete 'Installed Modules' record from my configuration table. I don't know where did it come from, but it was missing configuration_key value and that's why it caused the parse error.

Regards.

• 1 month later...

A strange strange phenomena.

I have installed the configuration cache contribution.

Everything seemed to go smoothly except neither my webshell nor my ftp program would set the config_cache.php file to 777.

I got in touch with my host and they did it from their end.

I checked it and it was correct.

When I went in again, it was set back to 644.

Does anyone know if there is something in the program that resets these permissions?

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

i'm a bit confused.

i do not have a config_cache.php anywhere

1. You will need to create a folder (I named mine config_cache) with 777 permissions in the parent folder of your document root. This stores the file outside of the webspace so that only someone with actual access to the server can access the file.

and..

3. Edit the admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php and set the $config_cache_file variable equal to the full path and filename of a file in a folder that is outside of your webroot (e.g. /home/user/cache/config_cache.php). In addition, specify whether you want the file compressed and at what level of compression. Then edit catalog/includes/configuration_cache_read.php file and set the $config_cache_file variable equal to the same setting as in admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php.

how does this script know where the cache folder is?

i'm a bit confused.

i do not have a config_cache.php anywhere

and..

how does this script know where the cache folder is?

look at the info in the quotes....

1. you have to make 1 cache folder on your web hosting/server

2. you will need to manually edit the two mentioned files and add the path to that folder.

2. you will need to manually edit the two mentioned files and add the path to that folder.

i got this far.

but you mention "two" files. there are... 3 or so files this contribution loads.

1) admin file which points to some unknown file

2) root file which ponts to... that's where i'm lost. i've downloaded the most recent package (is THIS, maybe the problem?)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to rebuild the admin side of this contribution. It seems it was abandoned with version1.3. I am trying to make all contributions accessible through admin for a client.

This is what I have done:

Ran sql statements such as:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ( '', 'Enable Configuration Cache', 'ENABLE_CONFIG_CACHE', 'false', 'Enable or Disable Configuration Cache: enabling recommended for lower page parse times', '11', '3', NULL , NOW( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),' );

to load the variables and values into the database making them accessible through the admin.

I have changed the values of the variables used in the configuration_cache_read.php (both admin and catalog)

to look like this: (admin example)

$config_cache_file = 'CONFIG_CACHE_DIR';			  // this should be to a file in a folder *outside* of your webroot with 777 permissions.
 $config_cache_compress = 'CONFIG_CACHE_COMPRESS';	  // be sure to enclose in single quotes.
 $config_cache_compression_level = CONFIG_CACHE_COMPRESS_LEVEL;   // 1 is the lowest and 4 is the highest.  1 should be used on busy and/or shared servers.

$config_cache_read = ENABLE_CONFIG_CACHE;
 if (isset($config_cache_file) && $config_cache_file != '') {
if (file_exists($config_cache_file)) {
  include($config_cache_file);
  $config_cache_read = true;
}
 }

if ($config_cache_read == false) {
$configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);
while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {
  define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);
}
 }

BUT this is not working! I cannot see why it wouldn't. If anyone has any insight...send it my way!LOL

Sheri

P.S. I have run debugging emails and it seems CONFIG_CACHE_DIR is not translating into the actual address that is within the database configuration table.??

... that's where i'm lost.

Hi eww,

3. Edit the admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php and set the $config_cache_file variable equal to the full path and filename of a file in a folder that is outside of your webroot (e.g. /home/user/cache/config_cache.php). In addition, specify whether you want the file compressed and at what level of compression. Then edit catalog/includes/configuration_cache_read.php file and set the $config_cache_file variable equal to the same setting as in admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php.

admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php

$config_cache_file = '/home/YOUR USER NAME/cache/config_cache.php';
 $config_cache_compress = 'false'; 
 $config_cache_compression_level = 1;

catalog/includes/configuration_cache_read.php

$config_cache_file = '/home/YOUR USER NAME/cache/config_cache.php';

Let me know if I can help more. I have had this working on a couple of projects so far.

Sheri

Edited by muskokee

Update on this. It DID in fact create the cache file but called it: CONFIG_CACHE_DIR and placed it in the admin directory.

HMMMM!?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to rebuild the admin side of this contribution.

BUT this is not working! I cannot see why it wouldn't. If anyone has any insight...send it my way!LOL

OK. so I figured out the problem (it was staring me in the face :blush: )

HOW in the world can I attach a value to the variable when that value doesn't yet exist? Doh!

I can't give $config_cache_file the value of a configuration value that I haven't yet queried! Doh!

Sheri

Update on this. It DID in fact create the cache file but called it: CONFIG_CACHE_DIR and placed it in the admin directory.

HMMMM!?

• 1 month later...

hello

How can I specify my web page that I will cache in config_cache_read.php ? I will : categories.php, index.php and specials.php

I don't understand this section because my english is not very good

Thanks

Wen

• 1 month later...
after installing, my prices showing in the catalog are zeroed out... strictly speaking they say:

rather than

$0.00

Other than that it works fine... can anybody help on the zero thing?

-Paul

Hello, I've exactly the same issue than Paul after installing the last version of this contrib.

Anyone has an idea of what I missed ?

Thanks in advance.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this contribution and got no error message at all. However, I can't find any config_cache.php created anywhere.

Just to make sure that I didn't have a wrong directory address, I created tons of config_cache folders everywhere, access my database, and checked them all. Nope, no config_cache.php.

I then deleted all these folders, or entered a voluntarily wrong information as a directory to the cache folder, and got no error message at all.

I added "Echo 'hello world';" 2 to application_top.php:

$config_cache_read = false;
 if (isset($config_cache_file) && $config_cache_file != '') {
if (file_exists($config_cache_file)) {
  include($config_cache_file);
  $config_cache_read = true;
}
 }

And yes, I get "hello world", these two conditions are checked. And still, no config_cache.php anywhere. What's wrong?

• 4 months later...

While fooling around i found that the modules.php could insert a row in the configurations table

with an empty configuration_key, resulting in the cache function inserted;

define('', '');

Thus the cached config file got currupted and issuing an error both in catalog and admin.

To handle this and to secure other contribs don't imply this error, please replace following line in admin/includes/configuration_cache.php;

$configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);

With;

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key != ''");

The file to download is just a dummy textfile, containing this text. No more no less.

Edited by Phliplip