• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check out my site

Nah! she overhauled the site and thought starting a new link would be the best way to show off the new site, but she accidently changed the directory structure when she uploaded and used the old link on the new thread. The correct link is as she says above. I figured it out by accident.

Anne, set up the redirect before you loose any more support and feedback. Then see if a team member will lock or delete the 'rebirth' thread for you.

charles

We stand in ignorance only for questions not asked. Plug up the leaks in your knowledge base and open up a flood of understanding.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for recent input i am puttting it into action

"osCommerce 2.2-MS2." in red on your catalogue
where is this??? I can't find it anywhere, I want to delete it believe me.

Charles, you are not a coffee drinker? crema is the gold cream on top of a good espresso. ;) its not a typo but thanks. I have contacted the team member to fix the thread. Keep posted. :P

The oscommerce message is on the catalog index page (i.e the oscommerce bit of the site), after all of the main body text and before the images displayed towards the bottom of the page (not sure if it is the featured or new infobox). It is bright red on a line by itself at a slightly larger font size than the rest of your text. Hope you find it!! :)

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Anne,

Apparently I keep calling you Chris in my posts. I abjectly apologize. I have no idea where I got that name from.

charles

Ditto. My apologies to you Anne, for calling you Chris all this time. Honestly, I have no idea where I got that from, though I could have sworn your primary posts said Chris below COUCAL. Go figure. I made an appointment to go get my eyes checked today.

Say...has anyone seen www.buzzcoffee.com ? It doesn't seem to be connected to Anne's site, but....rats!!...talk about branding problems....!

Lisa

GLK

Anne,

Someone mentioned this before in this thread, but I want to bring it up as well.

I like your banner/logo that's at the top of each page, however, as much as I hate to say it, the darn file is too large and interferes with page load - which can cause customer loss.

Someone here may have a better idea but here's what I offer for this problem..If you can't compress it any more without losing quality and sharpness, you can try one of two other options and/or a combination thereof to make the a banner faster load.

OPTION 1 -

a) Place empty structured cells (border="0") within a table (border="0") at the top - 0% width and length.

B) Break the banner up into small gifs.

c) Fit them into the cells like a puzzle so that each gif loads separately and on its own. When all the gifs load, the banner / logo will look as it does now with the advantage that some in-between parts of it will be more compressed than other parts, making it faster to load.

OPTION 2-

a) Use a frameset and think two horizontal frames..."main" below the "top" frame.

B) Dis-allow scrolling and

c) make border="0" for the top frame so that the two white backgrounded frames blend where they meet and the line between the two pages is invisible. That way the frameset looks like one page.

d) Insert your banner / logo into the top page. That way the banner only loads once and doesn't intereferes but once.

e) Make sure you tell the frameset to load all pages into the "main" and not in the top frame.

OR, you can combine both of the above.

You have less than 10 seconds to grab or lose your visitor. They're history if the site takes long to load.

Regards

Lisa

GLK

Anne,

The red 'osCommercev2.2' is on the www.buzzcoffee.com.au/catalog site

Am I correct that you revampedthe site and it is now at www.buzzcoffee.com (without the /catalog folder)? If so then the red 'osCommerce v2.2' is no longer an issue and will dissappear when you redirect everyone to the other site. Be sure I'm not steering ou wrong before you make those changes.

Charles

We stand in ignorance only for questions not asked. Plug up the leaks in your knowledge base and open up a flood of understanding.

Whoa! Thanks Lisa for pointing that out. That site is almost a joke. There is no info except for the purchase page. No pictures of the product. Nothing. It basically says "Send me $12.00". Anne, I swear I didn't know it existed when I suggested you use the phrase "What's the Buzz?'

And, I made a typo in my last post by posting the site link as www.buzzcoffee.com . I think Annes' new site link is www.buzzcoffee.com.au

I don't have a solutuon for that branding problem unless you change the domain name to something like www.buzzcafe.com.au, or www.buzzcoffeebeans.com.au or whatsthebuzz.com.au or ... any other suggestions anyone?

Thats a whole lot of text above the scroll. I would think you would get better performance by actually showing products (as in, product images) on the index. I would recomend putting "What makes Buzz Different" on a seperate info page.

I think the second Buzz Coffee Beans logo in the body of the index is redundant. If you got rid of it, the text would spread out and bring the product images into view.

Yes, Anne, I'm a coffee drinker but... I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and have over 200 years of family heritage in that city. I was weaned on Cafe O Lait made with CDM coffee. CDM is the house brand for the Cafe Du Monde, the premier 24 hour coffee shop in New Orleans, located in the French Market area of the French Quarter. It is one of the oldest institutions/traditions in the city and a true 'must visit' place for any visitor to the city. If you order it black they will tell you not to drink it that way because you won't like it. (I like it black but it is an aquired taste for most) CDM is a rich blend which also contains chicory. The stuff is rocket fuel! To properly experience it, you must drip brew a concentrate by slowly pouring boiling water over the pound of grounds. Some people simply put it in a large jar with just enough water to cover and soak for 24 hours but you really need the boiling water to properly brew the concentrate. The concentrate can be kept in the refrigerator and used as needed. To enjoy, scald whole milk and mix 50/50 with the concentrate. Add sugar. Taken black it is much like turkish coffee in strength. The best way to describe it would be like a turkish latte without the foam on top. Even when I make cappuchinos at home I use the CDM blend as opposed to espresso. Before they started marketing it across the USA I had my family send me 10 pounds at a time and kept it in the freezer until needed. So, no, I've never heard of the term 'crema', but once you've had the best.... hehe.

Charles

Lisa,

OPTION 2-

a) Use a frameset and think two horizontal frames

would framesets adversely affect seeding on the search engines?

Charles

The site is looking really good now, I think Anne should be proud of her acheivements. Not quite sure about the entry pages, a little confusing (i.e. if you like tea, click the tea 2 teas link, choose black mountain and click buy now you get to the oscommerce bit of the store and have to start looking for black mountain from scratch) -

Anne,

niknakgroup has a point, but what concerns me even more is that the site reverts to the old OSC pages (the www.buzzcoffee.com.au.catalog site). If you delete the contents of the 'catalog' folder like I suggested you may break the cart.

please, please, please, back up, back up, back up

before you make these changes and be sure you are working with only one version of the store. you are apparently transferrring control from one version to the other.

I like myself a lot :D and I will no longer like myself at all :( if any feedback I offer results in disaster.

Charles

Hey, I been off ill the last couple of days, I'll get my head around the last suggestions in a couple of days, some of it is getting over my head but I'll try.

Thanks

Archived