osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN

devosc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heelo I seem to have a similar problem, the transaction goes through, the user gets sent back to my site, I get an email:

Connection Type

------------------------------------------------------

curl= 1, socket= , domain= www.paypal.com, port=

PayPal Response

------------------------------------------------------

VERIFIED

BUT trhe stock is not reduced by the number of articles purchasd AND the order is still ,marked as 'payment pending' as well as the IPN in admin shows no activity.

Any idea. I have copied the ipn.php file to the root dir of the shop as per previous thread.

Any idea what could be wrong?

SORRY I have found the problem.

I have 2 emails for the one account at paypal but had by accident used the same email addy in the admin config of Osc and now that i have changed it to show 2 email addys it works fine.

Thanks

Having a major problem with version 2

When i go into /admin i get only an error message and a blank screen, i get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:   define() in /home/pozel/public_html/dogsportif/admin/includes/filenames.php on line 52

here is the file it refers to:

<?php
/*
 $Id: filenames.php,v 1.1 2003/06/20 00:18:30 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// define the filenames used in the project
 define('FILENAME_BACKUP', 'backup.php');
 define('FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER', 'banner_manager.php');
 define('FILENAME_BANNER_STATISTICS', 'banner_statistics.php');
 define('FILENAME_CACHE', 'cache.php');
 define('FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES', 'categories.php');
 define('FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration.php');
 define('FILENAME_COUNTRIES', 'countries.php');
 define('FILENAME_CURRENCIES', 'currencies.php');
 define('FILENAME_CUSTOMERS', 'customers.php');
 define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'index.php');
 define('FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE', 'define_language.php');
 define('FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER', 'file_manager.php');
 define('FILENAME_GEO_ZONES', 'geo_zones.php');
 define('FILENAME_LANGUAGES', 'languages.php');
 define('FILENAME_MAIL', 'mail.php');
 define('FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS', 'manufacturers.php');
 define('FILENAME_MODULES', 'modules.php');
 define('FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS', 'newsletters.php');
 define('FILENAME_ORDERS', 'orders.php');
 define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');
 define('FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP', 'packingslip.php');
 define('FILENAME_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status.php');
 define('FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE', 'popup_image.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_attributes.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'products_expected.php');
 define('FILENAME_REVIEWS', 'reviews.php');
 define('FILENAME_SERVER_INFO', 'server_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_SHIPPING_MODULES', 'shipping_modules.php');
 define('FILENAME_SPECIALS', 'specials.php');
 define('FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS', 'stats_customers.php');
 define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED', 'stats_products_purchased.php');
 define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED', 'stats_products_viewed.php');
 define('FILENAME_TAX_CLASSES', 'tax_classes.php');
 define('FILENAME_TAX_RATES', 'tax_rates.php');
 define('FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE', 'whos_online.php');
 define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');
//begin PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
??define('FILENAME_PAYPAL', 'paypal.php');
??define('FILENAME_PAYPAL_INFO', 'paypal_info.php');
//end PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN
?>

any ideas???

pozel, remove the spaces before the 'define', looks like your text ediotr inserted some unwanted hidden characters which is a side effect of having copying and pasting from the html documentation.

seems to have done the job, thanks!!

I guess i'll go through all the edits i have made and remove the spaces before any text which is obviously putting in some strange formatting.

I guess i'll go through all the edits i have made and remove the spaces before any text which is obviously putting in some strange formatting.

I just received an order through paypal. Strange thing is, in the orders in admin, the whole thing says $0.00 and is blank including name of customer and products ordered. Luckily I got an email from paypal with the cart contents.

Why is everything blank? Have I messed up something? Would upgrading to the new paypal contribution solve this? I am currently using (documentation says) version 1.5

Can someone help me figure out what to do please.

ipn should be set to 'on'

This actually isn't required. The mere inclusion of the field "notify_url" in the PayPal button/form activates IPN.

IPN was specifically designed for this situation so that merchants could use a cart solution like osCommerce without needing to do *any* configuring of their PayPal account.

Patrick Breitenbach

Regarding https and cURL:

Since PayPal does not require IPN transmissions to be "https" (no credit card information is being sent), it is OK to go with "http" in which case fsockopen can be used. It might be preferable to default to this since it is nearly universally supported whereas cURL and https are much less broadly supported.

Edited by pbreit

Patrick Breitenbach

Is there an option with this contribution to use Paypal's website payments option so that customers don't actually have to sign up for a paypal account?

I have enabled the option on my Paypal profile account; however, when I test orders with this contribution, it still goes to the olc (users have to sign up for an account first) payment screen.

Carla

I have enabled the option on my Paypal profile account; however, when I test orders with this contribution, it still goes to the olc (users have to sign up for an account first) payment screen.
Clear your cookies for the paypal domain first.

Can someone here lend some help. Here is my situation. I am using Linda McGraths Shop Enhancement Controller which comes with the PayPal IPN V0981 installed. When i make a purchase the product name is the store name and the quantity is always 1. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Can someone here lend some help. Here is my situation. I am using Linda McGraths Shop Enhancement Controller which comes with the PayPal IPN V0981 installed. When i make a purchase the product name is the store name and the quantity is always 1. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

wrong thread. This is a different contribution.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

can anyone help me i have installed the ipn module and it passes all the info onto paypal no problem wich i am very happy about but I do not get confermation from paypal when they have paid can anyone help

thanks

Clear your cookies for the paypal domain first.

I cleared the cookies and I'm still getting the old Paypal payment screen

In my Paypal account under Profile, I have "PayPal Account Optional" turned on, but when I test it, it still shows the old checkout where they have to sign up for Paypal first.

Carla

I have the samen problem with the IPN?s not being updated when an order has been completed. I rsan a test payment in a live environment, and the order is neatly placed into the oscommerce orders table, but when calling the paypal page in the customers box in admin, nothing shows up.

I set paypal?s IPN on true without having filled in an url.

Conclusion: all works great, exept for this thing.

help would e very much appreciated!

wolter, in those docs I forgot to menntion to upload the catalog/ipn.php file whic might be the cause.

However yesterday I uploaded a new version of the contribution which will allow the customer to return back to the site from the PayPal site and still allow them to recommence the checkout sequence.

This is a new and different version from the previous v2.0 because of a new db table structure which should be better for now. Also there is a remedial cart total check and a better transaction history has been introduced similar to the orders status history in the admin. It should also be a little easier to install.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

I downloaded both of the April 21 versions, and when I try to uncompress them using winZip 9.0 it gives me an error "Error reading header after processing 0 entries." Is it the contribution, or is it my WinZip? (I can successfully open the 2.0 version, the tar gz.)