osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Computer Creator v9 Support

sw45859

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I hope this simple solution works for you, it did for me.

In your admin section go to: Custom Computer->CCC Config->Default Status of Custom Computer->Make sure it is set to 1 (not 0)

I don't know why, but CCC is by default off. That should turn it on.

He he he.... Thanks ALOT :thumbsup: it's working :) no need to touch those update files :lol:

Now I'll start my engines and start designing :sweating:

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

One question:

Is there a way to upload a unique picture for every category and for every system in ccc?

Right now it says Please Choose Below and there are category names and desc. but I want a picture too.

And there is one standard picture for the all system :( I want a unique picture for every system

I have seen some stores with ccc who did this, anyone wanna contribute this, please :)

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

I don't know if anyone else wanted to remove the prices in the dropdown menus on "build.php" that have displayed strangely for me ( I.e. the price difference "+ 1.243000000" that shows next to some of the dropdown choices). I didn't want the price differences to display at all, preferring the total to reflect the price changes.

After much searching and testing here's the mod (I've not found any errors in my tests):

Step 1:

At about line 99 in includes/functions/custom_computer.php, find and comment out the following:

/*
	if ($values[$i]['price_diff'] == '0.00' || $values[$i]['price'] == '0.00'){
		$new_price = '';
	}else{
	$price_fix = explode('-', $values[$i]['price_diff']);
	if ($price_fix[0] != '' || $price_fix[0] == '-'){
		$new_price = '+' . $values[$i]['price_diff'];
	}else{
		$new_price = '-' . $price_fix[1];
	}			
	}
	*/

Step 2:

At about line 54 in catalog/java.php, find and comment out the following:

// The following is commented out to remove the price difference that would display after a product name in the dropdown.  I.e.: "Product Name" + 2.8000085550
/*
echo "if (document.getElementById(box_name).options[count].getAttribute('price') > 0){\n";
echo "var keep = document.getElementById(box_name).options[count].innerHTML\n";
echo "var keep_change = new String(keep)\n";
echo "var keep_array = keep_change.replace('undefined', '')\n";
echo "var keep_array = keep_array.split(' +')\n";
echo "var keep_array_fix = keep_array[0].split(' -')\n";
echo "var price_check = get_price(box_name, document.getElementById(box_name).options[document.getElementById(box_name).options.selectedIndex].getAttribute('price'), count)\n";
echo "if (price_check > 0){\n";
echo "var price_diff = ' + '\n";
echo "var price_check = price_check\n";
if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true'){
echo "var product_tax = eval(price_check * ".$tax_rate." / 100)\n";
echo "var newprice = (price_check + product_tax)\n";
echo "var price_check = custRound(newprice)\n";
}
echo "}\n";
echo "if (price_check == 0){\n";
echo "var price_diff = ''\n";
echo "var price_check = ''\n";
echo "}\n";
echo "if (price_check < 0){\n";
echo "var price_diff = ' - '\n";
echo "var price_check = new String(price_check)\n";
echo "var price_check_fix = price_check.replace('-', '')\n";
echo "var price_check = custRound(price_check_fix)\n";
if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true'){
echo "var product_tax = eval(price_check_fix * ".$tax_rate." / 100)\n";
echo "var newprice = (parseFloat(price_check_fix) + product_tax)\n";
echo "var price_check = custRound(newprice)\n";
}
echo "}\n";
echo "document.getElementById(box_name).options[count].innerHTML = ''\n";
echo "document.getElementById(box_name).options[count].innerHTML = keep_array_fix[0] + price_diff + ' ' + price_check\n";
echo "}\n";
*/

I haven't spent the time to find a way to round the long price differences. I.e. "- 1.3560000" to "- 1.35".

Perhaps there is someone who has done this?

Comments on any of this are welcomed.

Hi guys, I made some changes to CCC9.3, I call it CCCVX,

have a look at this url to have a look.

http://www.xmedias.ca/commerce/ccc.php

I have updated a full package containing new HOW TO, and explaining abit better how things are setup, I spent a lot of time on this package. Would need help to finish the last thing to be done.... any takers!!!

Hi guys, I made some changes to CCC9.3, I call it CCCVX,

have a look at this url to have a look.

http://www.xmedias.ca/commerce/ccc.php

I have updated a full package containing new HOW TO, and explaining abit better how things are setup, I spent a lot of time on this package. Would need help to finish the last thing to be done.... any takers!!!

Hi xmedias,

It all looks great but none of the 8 systems are populated with selectable products so I'm unable to test beyond the build screen.

I like what you have done with my "Requirements" popup ;) and might even borrow the performance v importance chart idea.

I'm currently working on updating my forum software, but after that's done I'll be turning my attention back to upgrading and tweaking ccc, so expect some cool features (fingers crossed).

Carbon

Thanks for the positive comment,

I know that it is hard to evaLuate, but it is because my shop does not have much product in it for now... I will post another message when I get more in order to test the build page....

CIAO! Ray

i like the idea i will try it on my computer website im about to add alot of products to my site so we will see what it looks like with it ok guys. plus i like th eidea you made on the top of the screen.

i like this program just needed to know did anyone fix the but ware you can make your own pop up image size when you click the large image bottun. let me know whats up and i want to also make the specs pop up with scroll bar. ler me know what up with that guys laterz.

http://www.pureintelligence.net/catalog/

make sure to check it out everyone. let me know if anyone can help me with the site thanks.

I've ran into a problem with this contribution. On the build page the subtotal does not update when products are changed so it stays at $0.00 no matter the configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yeah i have same problem. But when they select item in dropdown nothing happens. do it again you see price under it which you click and tehn you have to do it again and price updates but when you checkout it dosnt.

it looks like this

1 x Monitors ?0.00

1 x Amd Xp 3500 ?0.00

Help appreciated.

I didnt have any freakin links in my sig!!! Pm me for help any other things ;-) There!

Hello everyone !

I have installed the contribuition ccc9.3 1 and i have made all the alteration required, but he give an error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() in c:\phpdev\www\lojas\loja-4\osc\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

You now how to fix this ?

Best regards

Ema Ferreira

Hello everyone !

I have installed the contribuition ccc9.3 1 and i have made all the alteration required, but he give an error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() in c:\phpdev\www\lojas\loja-4\osc\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

You now how to fix this ?

Best regards

Ema Ferreira

And when a tried to view the product details i say the product not found !

• 4 weeks later...
One question:

Is there a way to upload a unique picture for every category and for every system in ccc?

Right now it says Please Choose Below and there are category names and desc. but I want a picture too.

And there is one standard picture for the all system :( I want a unique picture for every system

I have seen some stores with ccc who did this, anyone wanna contribute this, please :)

Where you enter the details of each category or system, use html code to give the picture and text that you require.

I did this to my site and it looks great. SEE IT HERE

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

and it keeps duplicating the orders in mysql (adding them for some reason as products.

It does this as a design thing. Its so that if a customer wants to upgrade or alter the computer they designed they can. There is an option in ccc adnim to delete these from the database.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I've installed this wonderful added on for oscommerce and spent so many hours to figure out how to use it. I would like to add a custom item just like any other regular item (products) where the user can browse through the categories menu and click on it.

I saw this guy has something that I want exactly like him. Can someone look at it and tell me if this guy use this mod and how do i do like him.

Here is the link:

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1341

Thanks

Did you ever figure out how the allerc.com guy managed to use existing products as attributes? I'm looking at that site and it's exactly what I need. I've searched high and low for a contribution that will do it, but so far I've not had any luck.

TIA for any insight you can provide...

• 3 weeks later...
Did you ever figure out how the allerc.com guy managed to use existing products as attributes? I'm looking at that site and it's exactly what I need. I've searched high and low for a contribution that will do it, but so far I've not had any luck.

TIA for any insight you can provide...

It seems like they are using the QTPRO contrib which can use product as attributes...

I wish to use that as well BUT I am currently working on CRE Loaded customisation which makes me really headache :( I am still choosing between CCC or QTPRO

Hi I installed ccc 9 and was playing around with it in admin to get a feel for all of the features. Anyways when i went to buid o computer it worked fine up to the page where it lists all of the options and when i hit continue i Get this Error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/uscourtp/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 252

So I checked the code in dreamveaver and at first that parse error it was giving me said line 253 and that was a blank line do i deleted that blank line uploaded to see if it woul fix it but it didn't.

I'm stumpped because the code on line 252 is the code that calls up the application_bottom.php so i'm not sure what to do. Here is the entire code for the page, maybe someone will know how i can fix this

<?php
/*
$Id: shopping_cart.php,v 1.73 2003/06/09 23:03:56 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require("includes/application_top.php");

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'action=update_product')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_cart.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {
?>
<tr>
<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
'text' => TABLE_HEADING_REMOVE);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
'text' => TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
'text' => TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'right',
'text' => TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL);

$any_out_of_stock = 0;
$products = $cart->get_products();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
// Push all attributes information in an array
if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('id[' . $products[$i]['id'] . '][' . $option . ']', $value);
$attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix
from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa
where pa.products_id = '" . $products[$i]['id'] . "'
and pa.options_id = '" . $option . "'
and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id
and pa.options_values_id = '" . $value . "'
and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id
and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
$attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);

$products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] = $attributes_values['products_options_name'];
$products[$i][$option]['options_values_id'] = $value;
$products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] = $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];
$products[$i][$option]['options_values_price'] = $attributes_values['options_values_price'];
$products[$i][$option]['price_prefix'] = $attributes_values['price_prefix'];
}
}
}

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
if (($i/2) == floor($i/2)) {
$info_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
} else {
$info_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
}

$cur_row = sizeof($info_box_contents) - 1;

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',
'params' => 'class="productListing-data" valign="top"',
'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('cart_delete[]', $products[$i]['id']));

if ($products[$i]['model'] == "Custom"){
$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
' <tr>' .
' <td class="productListing-data" align="center">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</td>' .
' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link('build.php', 'edit=1&products_id='.$products[$i]['id']) . '">[-Edit-]</a>' .
'<small><i>' . $products[$i]['description'] . '</small></i>';
}else{
$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
' <tr>' .
' <td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .
' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {
$stock_check = tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity']);
if (tep_not_null($stock_check)) {
$any_out_of_stock = 1;

$products_name .= $stock_check;
}
}

if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
reset($products[$i]['attributes']);
while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
$products_name .= '<br><small><i> - ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
}
}

$products_name .= ' </td>' .
' </tr>' .
'</table>';

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
'text' => $products_name);

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',
'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'right',
'text' => '<b>' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</b>');
}

new productListingBox($info_box_contents);
?>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" class="main"><b><?php echo SUB_TITLE_SUB_TOTAL; ?> <?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?></b></td>
</tr>
<?php
if ($any_out_of_stock == 1) {
if (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'true') {
?>
<tr>
<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CAN_CHECKOUT; ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
} else {
?>
<tr>
<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CANT_CHECKOUT; ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
}
}
?>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
<tr class="infoBoxContents">
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td>
<?php
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
?>
<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}
?>
<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<?php
?>
<tr>
<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
<tr class="infoBoxContents">
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
<?php
}
?>
</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Isn't there supposed to be an info box appearing on the index page to take me to ccc.php?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out

Hi Dynamiccomp,

I have looked at your code and I think I have found your errors...

At line 126 you need a closing brace }

At line 211 and 212 replace...

<?php
?>

...with...

<?php
 } else {
?>

If that doesn't cure it I can upload a fresh version for you.

Carbon

Thank You Carbon.

Thanks for the help. Its working perfectly now thanks to your help. And I just wanted to say thanks again and to tell you that the layout of your store you are building looks great.

Dynamiccomp

You're welcome, glad I could help.

Thanks for the feedback, the online order system (not publicly accessible) is currently being developed and as soon as it is ready for testing I'll post a link here.

Carbon

Hi guys, I installed osc 2.2 M2, but I still have problem with CCC 9.3, it won't work.

I'd like to have the configurator right like this:

http://www.playdeep.it/configurator.php?ca...ket_id=14133058

Is this configurator ccc? If not, can you tell me which this configurator is?

Thank you for the appreciation Nico. The original source was ccc, but we modified it quite a bit to make it work as we wanted. First of all the layout of the entire site is completely different from a standard osC installation so the original templates for CCC were modified.

We also added a number of features to make it more compelling such as automatic image zoom (EACH component has a thumbnail and a bigger image), automatic price update when you choose a different item.

We also added a feature so that when you customize a PC and add it to the cart, you may go back and change the configuration.

We are very proud of the final outcome of the customization protocol. As I said the base was CCC, but we eventually changed most of the layout and added a number of functionalities.

Andrea Trasatti

W3C invited expert

Thank you for the appreciation Nico. The original source was ccc, but we modified it quite a bit to make it work as we wanted. First of all the layout of the entire site is completely different from a standard osC installation so the original templates for CCC were modified.

We also added a number of features to make it more compelling such as automatic image zoom (EACH component has a thumbnail and a bigger image), automatic price update when you choose a different item.

We also added a feature so that when you customize a PC and add it to the cart, you may go back and change the configuration.

We are very proud of the final outcome of the customization protocol. As I said the base was CCC, but we eventually changed most of the layout and added a number of functionalities.

Dear Andrea,

Thanks for your reply after my enquiry ;) I would like to know that do you mind to share some experience? The configurator.php on your site is really perfect ;) Which files should be MOD to have the similar functionality like yours?

I most concern about the java.php file ;)

Thanks!!!

Best Regards,

Boyd