osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Computer Creator v9 Support

sw45859

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its 1 thing finding it. its another getting them to part with the code lol.

there are a few web sites around that use some form of ccc. i have found a few but they want money for their versions of ccc and we arent talking a small amount

I have that "Not adding to cart" problem too :x

I have both updates "051112 and 060817" on my site... I tried to revese back those files but I got alot of other problems (http://cvs.oscommerce.com/viewcvs.cgi/catalog/catalog/includes/functions/general.php.diff?r1=1.234&r2=1.235

http://cvs.oscommerce.com/viewcvs.cgi/cata...6&r2=1.37)..

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

I have that "Not adding to cart" problem too :x

I have both updates "051112 and 060817" on my site... I tried to revese back those files but I got alot of other problems (http://cvs.oscommerce.com/viewcvs.cgi/catalog/catalog/includes/functions/general.php.diff?r1=1.234&r2=1.235

http://cvs.oscommerce.com/viewcvs.cgi/cata...6&r2=1.37)..

Is there any other way to fix this problem?

I also had the same problem, Im not exactly sure why it does it. After they configure thier computer, you add to the cart, and it states "shopping cart empty"

I was using CCC 9.3

~Mike

Hello,

im trying to get this contri to work but i am stuck on the radio buttons. The buttons are displayed but theres no picture and the price isnt updating. I also get an error thats says that there is an error in my build.php file on line 19 character 14 code 0 object needed.

Can anyone help me out here because im very stuck

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, I spent all of an hour installing CCC 9.3, and I am having a couple problems..

p[lz hlp, kthx.

I can not create new products in my CCC categories. I've seen other people ask about this, but i have not found a reply with a fix, etc.

How do you use CCC if you cannot add products? :huh:

You add products to your catalog as usual. Then you add those product categories to your build in admin->ccc options.

Thanks.

I think when I had the problem occur, I just hadn't put enough categories in the ccc options. :lol:

Also, here's some food for thought for you guys who might use CCC for something other than building computers..

I am using CCC for a vinyl sign customizer, however I don't see any place where you could add a quantity to each selected product..

Example, the category: Vinyl material has products from the store, varying differnet grades, etc, sold at a price per sq ft.

A quantity option would then be used to calculate the total material price, which of course woudl be assisted by a nice javascript sqft calculator embedded into the page.

I originally planned to mod OScommerce to do this through product_info, and a couple of custom attributes, but I was unable to figure out how to manipulate the price of the item.. $cart->add_cart inserts only the product_id, the attributes, and their values, prices are only calculated in shopping_cart.php and when you check out.

Unless you assigned a product attribute to take a value generated by the javascript calculator which could be read by shopping_cart.php/checkout process which would recalculate the price..

What do you guys think? It seems like CCC would be easier to use as a basis, but at the same time, I would have to make a whole bunch of new product entries into the catalog and make sure they don't get displayed as part of the "normal" catalog.

Ok theres my rambling!

P.S. Has anyone figured out how to solve the problem regarding products not going into the shopping cart?? :)

Hi Neuralfraud,

If your range of quantities per product isn't too large (eg: productA 1x, 2x, 3x or 4x) as you said you can create seperate products representing each quantity.

If you didn't want to show these extra products but only the 1x product in your normal store I think you could just disable them from showing by clicking the green button to turn it red.

Might work.

Carbon

Edited by Carbon

In this method, the quantity is determined by a sqft calculator, and could be anywhere from 1 to 80+ .. But the quantity can be manipulated in the $cart->add_cart function, right?

But what about the whole broken add to cart issue?

Hi Neuralfraud,

If your range of quantities per product isn't too large (eg: productA 1x, 2x, 3x or 4x) as you said you can create seperate products representing each quantity.

If you didn't want to show these extra products but only the 1x product in your normal store I think you could just disable them from showing by clicking the green button to turn it red.

Might work.

Carbon

Is here anyone who solved the problem with "ccc not adding to shopping cart" yet?

i got my site working but there are some bugs in need help fixing. for example i want to change some text sizes. and also the mouse over is not showing a hand on the items and links. plz help me with this problem. i also wanted to make the images when you click them to come up as a certion size can some one help me do that thank you.

please help me i been at hold for awhile on this thanks.

i got my site working but there are some bugs in need help fixing. for example i want to change some text sizes. and also the mouse over is not showing a hand on the items and links. plz help me with this problem. i also wanted to make the images when you click them to come up as a certion size can some one help me do that thank you.

please help me i been at hold for awhile on this thanks.

What did you for solving the problem with "not adding to cart"?

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

Hey Im completely new to this is there an install guide I can use? Im not sure what im doing wrong but im getting tons of erros cus I just copied the file into the directory i bet there is some sort of install processor or something. A how to guide and a current link to download it would be fantastic.

Thanks

Hey Im completely new to this is there an install guide I can use? Im not sure what im doing wrong but im getting tons of erros cus I just copied the file into the directory i bet there is some sort of install processor or something. A how to guide and a current link to download it would be fantastic.

Thanks

Hi Bluehat,

The latest version of Custom Computer Creator is ccc9.3.zip which includes all the files and installation document which covers the SQL database creation.

Carbon

Edited by Carbon

Thanks, error:

//CCC DEFINES define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOM_BUILD', 'Custom Computer Creator'); if (tep_session_is_registered('ccc_prod_id')){ $edit_params = 'edit=1'; $link_file = FILENAME_CCC_BUILD; }else{ $link_file = FILENAME_CCC; $edit_params = ''; } //END

osCommerce My Account Cart Contents Checkout

Top ? Catalog

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

also

Warning: main(includes/boxes/ccc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/domain.com/versadigitalsolutions/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

Warning: main(includes/boxes/ccc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/domain.com/versadigitalsolutions/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/ccc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/domain.com/versadigitalsolutions/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

Hey guys,

I just installed this, and made the changes etc as per the read me.

When i go to ccc.php, i get this error

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CCC): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/virtual/web/w0982/html/projects/working/ccc.php on line 14

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CCC' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/virtual/web/w0982/html/projects/working/ccc.php on line 14

Thanks, error:

//CCC DEFINES define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOM_BUILD', 'Custom Computer Creator'); if (tep_session_is_registered('ccc_prod_id')){ $edit_params = 'edit=1'; $link_file = FILENAME_CCC_BUILD; }else{ $link_file = FILENAME_CCC; $edit_params = ''; } //END

osCommerce My Account Cart Contents Checkout

Top ? Catalog

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Hi Bluehat,

I've answered this problem on page 14 of this topic (about half way down the page), it's a simple typo in the install docs.

Carbon

Is there anyone who solved the problem with "ccc is not adding products to shopping cart"?

Yes. I hope this simple solution works for you, it did for me.

In your admin section go to: Custom Computer->CCC Config->Default Status of Custom Computer->Make sure it is set to 1 (not 0)

I don't know why, but CCC is by default off. That should turn it on.

some things i changed:

file admin/pending.php

line 62

<?php echo tep_draw_form('clean', FILENAME_CCC_PENDING, 'action=clean');?>

leave away tep_href_link because its called by tep_draw_form to fix broken href of button.

function tep_draw_form of admin/includes/functions/output_html.php differs from function tep_draw_form of includes/functions/output_html.php...

line 87

where op.products_name = "Custom"

i changed "Custom Computer" to "Custom" to make the statement work.

this is because i have a FSB Name (System Build Name) named "Custom".