• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Computer Creator v9 Support

sw45859

Well, I mean, I can add a product from the list of products I have, and that's fine. But I can't add attributes to that product (like number of holes, size of holes, etc., on my mounts). Any ideas?

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to PHP and OSCommerce.

I'm trying to install ccc 9.3 and come up with the following error:

//CCC DEFINES define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOM_BUILD', 'Custom Computer Creator'); if (tep_session_is_registered('ccc_prod_id')){ $edit_params = 'edit=1'; $link_file = FILENAME_CCC_BUILD; }else{ $link_file = FILENAME_CCC; $edit_params = ''; } //END

I know it's something I mistyped, but can't figure out which file its in.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

BRoy

Thanks

BRoy

It also has the error:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Thanks

BRoy

Hi BRoy,

It's been a while since I installed CCC but I remembered this error, the good news it's real easy ;)

During the install of CCC the instructions tell you to add the exact code you have quoted to header.php but because of the insertion point it doesn't get enclosed with <?php INSERT HERE ?> tags.

Here is the code with a bit above and a bit below so you can see where it should go...

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {
if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
}
 }

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
echo $messageStack->output('header');
//CCC DEFINES
define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOM_BUILD', 'Custom Computer Creator');
if (tep_session_is_registered('ccc_prod_id')){
$edit_params = 'edit=1';
$link_file = FILENAME_CCC_BUILD;
}else{
$link_file = FILENAME_CCC;
$edit_params = '';
}
//END

}
?>

Hope that sorts it.

Carbon

That was it. Thank you.

Now I just need to figure out how it (ccc) works and get the products in there.

There are a few other contrib I'll be adding, so I'll be back.

Hope to be able to add some info or answer some questions when I get more familier with OSC.

Thank you again.

Hi BRoy,

It's been a while since I installed CCC but I remembered this error, the good news it's real easy ;)

During the install of CCC the instructions tell you to add the exact code you have quoted to header.php but because of the insertion point it doesn't get enclosed with <?php INSERT HERE ?> tags.

Here is the code with a bit above and a bit below so you can see where it should go...

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {
if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
}
 }

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
echo $messageStack->output('header');
//CCC DEFINES
define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOM_BUILD', 'Custom Computer Creator');
if (tep_session_is_registered('ccc_prod_id')){
$edit_params = 'edit=1';
$link_file = FILENAME_CCC_BUILD;
}else{
$link_file = FILENAME_CCC;
$edit_params = '';
}
//END

}
?>

Hope that sorts it.

Carbon

Glad I could help BRoy,

CCC is a bit overwhelming when you first visit the modded OSC admin panel.

The thing to remember is that you create the "System" (eg Super-Dooper-MKIII) in CCC and then tell it which processors, memory, graphics etc it comes with (and are possible options) from your normal OSC catalog.

If I had a ? for every time someone asked "How do I add components to CCC"... well you know ;)

Carbon

Two glitches tripped me up installing ccc9.3:

1) The zip files unpacks a directory ccc9.3/admin/includes/languages/English ? blindly copying that over caused grief on my case-sensitive Linux box since admin/ccc_config.php expected the files to be in "includes/languages/english"

2) The changes to includes/header.php had ' ? ' which got garbled cutting and pasting to a remote ASCII terminal. The fix was to replace the ? symbol with its character entity raquo (reviewing this post I saw I had to leave out the leading & and trailing ; to stop the character entity being replaced by its symbol by this editor, that may have also been the problem in ccc9.3's installation instructions.)

A third problem I haven't managed to fix is that imagemagic1_5 which was working before I installed CCC broke. A temporary fix has been to turn Image Magic off from its configure panel, but if anyone knows how to get CCC and Image Magic working together, please share the secret.

OK I'm confused :'(

I got CCC to run with no errors, but now I'm stuck.

I go to CCC options and create a system. Adding parts that I set up as products. That part seemed to work.

But then I go to Catalog>Categories/Products and the system I created is not showing up there.

How do I get it into the product list?

Thanks

BRoy

Glad I could help BRoy,

CCC is a bit overwhelming when you first visit the modded OSC admin panel.

The thing to remember is that you create the "System" (eg Super-Dooper-MKIII) in CCC and then tell it which processors, memory, graphics etc it comes with (and are possible options) from your normal OSC catalog.

If I had a ? for every time someone asked "How do I add components to CCC"... well you know ;)

Carbon

Hi BRoy,

Having fun?

Fire up your browser and type this address in...

www.YOURDOMAIN.com/catalog/ccc.php

and you should see the first page of Custom Computer Creator. Now all you need to do is add a link to that page somewhere on your OSCommerse page (most people put it in the left hand box column).

Easy really ;)

Carbon

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... CCC used to work perfectly, but now, it doesn't seem to add to cart. No matter what I do. I click add to cart, and it sends me to the cart with only what was in the cart before. (or shopping cart is empty if there was nothing there). What are the common causes of this? I'm thinking it could be something with the session(oSc)ID... but I don't know why or how.

Also weird is that the shopping cart page that it sends to is the following:

http://shop.geekquarter.com/gqshop/shopping_cart.php?amp;products_id=78

Why is that weird stuff being appended to the end? We've been having problems appearing out of nowhere relating to parameters added to things, but I can't figure out why/how. (In the checkout procedure if you Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary on any functions... Does anyone have any ideas of where to look? I'll supply whatever code is necessary...

Edited by Xshare

Hi Xshare,

You are right about the url being messed up. The format for passing variables from one page to the next is url?first_variable=X&second_variable=Y&third_variable=Z so I can see that the first part of the variable string is corrupt as you have the "?" which signifies the start of the string variable but you then have "amp;" which is a malformed version of "&" which is the unicode for "&" indicating the (attempted) appending of a later string (ie not the first).

Try looking at catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php and if you have a backup upload that and see if it fixes the problem.

Good luck

Carbon

Hi Xshare,

You are right about the url being messed up. The format for passing variables from one page to the next is url?first_variable=X&second_variable=Y&third_variable=Z so I can see that the first part of the variable string is corrupt as you have the "?" which signifies the start of the string variable but you then have "amp;" which is a malformed version of "&" which is the unicode for "&" indicating the (attempted) appending of a later string (ie not the first).

Try looking at catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php and if you have a backup upload that and see if it fixes the problem.

Good luck

Carbon

Hey, thanks for the reply, but I uploaded a backup copy all the way from scratch (from the default install), and still it doesn't work. (I actually did that before you posted, I assumed the same thing)

Hey, thanks for the reply, but I uploaded a backup copy all the way from scratch (from the default install), and still it doesn't work. (I actually did that before you posted, I assumed the same thing)

Hey! Wait a minute. I uploaded an even earlier backup copy, before that one (SEO URLs were in that one) and it works! Sweet!

Hey! Wait a minute. I uploaded an even earlier backup copy, before that one (SEO URLs were in that one) and it works! Sweet!

can someone direct me to a readme for ccc9.3 or recommend another custom builder.

i have downloaded several different ccc versions and none have come with any documentation. i have copied the files over that where included but havent got anything to enable disable etc. i have read that there are a few php's that need changing but there is nothing in the downloaded files stateing which and what to change etc i have also read that it needs some sql and again iot came with no sql to import or run.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

any custom builder will do modified or not

ok finaly worked it out after much reading but now when i type myshop/catalog/ccc.php i get this error. this is after replaceing all the files with those in v10

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/vhosts/the-pc-shop.110mb.com/public_html/catalog/ccc.php on line 43

line 43 is - $radio_fields = TEXT_YES . tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'y', '', 'onclick=''.$buttony_onclick.''').' ' .

can someone please psot back ive been checking 3 days and so far no reply

Hi Hester,

Don't know if this will help, but here is my code from the opening <?php above to the closing ?> below...

<?php 
if (pond == "y"){
echo TEXT_YES . tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'y', 'CHECKED', 'onclick=submit(this.form)').' ' . TEXT_NO . tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'n', '', 'onclick=submit(this.form)');
}else{
echo TEXT_YES.tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'y', '', 'onclick=submit(this.form)').' ' . TEXT_NO .tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'n', 'CHECKED', 'onclick=submit(this.form)');
}
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('systype', $HTTP_POST_VARS['systype']);
?>

Hope this helps

Carbon

rofl well yours looks a bit smaller than my ccc.php :-s

<?php

/*

Custom Computer Creator

Version 9.3

6/28/2004

ccc.php

Designed And Coded By: Stephen Walker

You Are Free To Edit This File However You Would Like

Custom Computer Creator Is Coded For A Base In OsCommerce Shopping Cart

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CCC);

$defines_query = tep_db_query('select config_name, config_value from ccc_config');

while ($defines = tep_db_fetch_array($defines_query)){

define($defines['config_name'],$defines['config_value']);

}

$template->set_filenames(array('body' => 'ccc.tpl'));

$template->assign_block_vars('ccc',array());

if ($_GET['systype'] == ''){

$text_choose_below = TEXT_CHOOSE_BELOW;

$template->assign_block_vars('ccc.no_systype',

array('TEXT_CHOOSE_BELOW' => $text_choose_below));

$ccc_layout_query = tep_db_query('select s.*, sd.* from '.TABLE_CCC_SYSTEMS.' s, '.TABLE_CCC_SYSTEMS_DESCRIPTION.' sd where s.sys_id = sd.sys_id and language_id = "'.(int)$languages_id.'" and s.status = "1" order by sort_order asc');

while($ccc_layout = tep_db_fetch_array($ccc_layout_query)){

$sys_name = '<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_CCC, 'systype='.$ccc_layout['sys_id']).'" style="text-decoration:none">'.$ccc_layout['sys_name'].'</a>';

$sys_description = $ccc_layout['sys_description'];

$black_line = tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '50%', '1');

$template->assign_block_vars('ccc.no_systype.list',

array('SYS_NAME' => $sys_name,

'SYS_DESCRIPTION' => $sys_description,

'BLACK_LINE' => $black_line,

));

}

}else{

$text_display_pictures = TEXT_DISPLAY_PICTURES;

$buttony_onclick = 'document.location="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_CCC, 'systype='.$_GET['systype'].'&ccc_pics=y').'"';

$buttonn_onclick = 'document.location="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_CCC, 'systype='.$_GET['systype'].'&ccc_pics=n').'"';

$radio_fields = TEXT_YES . tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'y', '', 'onclick=''.$buttony_onclick.''').' ' . TEXT_NO . tep_draw_radio_field('ccc_pics', 'n', '', 'onclick=''.$buttonn_onclick.''');

$sys_name_query = tep_db_query('select * from '.TABLE_CCC_SYSTEMS_DESCRIPTION.' where sys_id = "'.$_GET['systype'].'" and language_id = "'.(int)$languages_id.'"');

$sys_name = tep_db_fetch_array($sys_name_query);

$system_name = $sys_name['sys_name'];

$system_description = $sys_name['sys_description'];

$template->assign_block_vars('ccc.systype',

array('TEXT_DISPLAY_PICTURES' => $text_display_pictures,

'RADIO_FIELDS' => $radio_fields,

'SYSTEM_NAME' => $system_name,

'SYSTEM_DESCRIPTION' => $system_description

));

$ccc_layout_query = tep_db_query('select f.*, fd.* from '.TABLE_CCC_FSB.' f, '.TABLE_CCC_FSB_DESCRIPTION.' fd where f.sys_id = "'.$_GET['systype'].'" and f.fsb_id = fd.fsb_id and fd.language_id = "'.(int)$languages_id.'" and f.status = "1" order by sort_order asc');

while($ccc_layout = tep_db_fetch_array($ccc_layout_query)){

$fsb_name = '<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_CCC_BUILD, 'systype='.$_GET['systype'].'&fsb='.$ccc_layout['fsb_id'].'&ccc_pics='.((isset($_GET['ccc_pics'])) ? $_GET['ccc_pics'] : pond)).'">'.$ccc_layout['fsb_name'].'</a>';

$fsb_description = $ccc_layout['fsb_description'];

$black_line = tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '50%', '1');

$template->assign_block_vars('ccc.systype.list',

array('FSB_NAME' => $fsb_name,

'FSB_DESCRIPTION' => $fsb_description,

'BLACK_LINE' => $black_line,

));

}

}

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'page_layout.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

red text is error line

Edited by hetster

Hello all! I just did a clean install of osC along with CCC 9.3.. Everything seems to be working fine.. however when I go to a products details it says "Product not found!". When I revert product_info.php back to its unmodified form everything works fine. I really can't understand how everything functions correctly if I leave out both changes in product_info.php, any ideas how to fix this?

Also, does anyone have a running install of this script working? Has a better contribution come out? What is the future for CCC?

ive decided to go down the built in options route.

works very well and with a few of the other plugins like price total it probably looks same as ccc. if i can find a contrib that changes images with a selected option i'll be a happy camper

there is another called pc creator pro in contribs.

i think ccc is virtualy dead..with very little if any support

Edited by hetster