[TEP STOP]

help please

admin works fine

i upload and remplace the file on the server and it works fine now! :-"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Several More Little Bugs

1. Button swap bug in CUSTOM_CHECKOUT page

In your ccc 9.3 demo, if I custom a new computer, it'll prompt me "ADD_TO_CART" button on CUSTOM_CHECKOUT page, while if I edit a already-customized computer, it'll prompt me "CONTINUE" button. This should be correct, however, on my installation, I'll always be prompted with "CONTINUE" button on CUSTOM_CHECKOUT page, no matter if its a new custom computer or an edit one.

After looking into the code of CUSTOM_CHECKOUT.php, I think this bug relates to the following code (line 175-181)

<?php 
if (!$sess_new){
  echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); 
}else{
  echo tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); 
}
?>

If I switch the two buttons, it'll always prompt me the "ADD_TO_CART" button.

Would you please take a look at the CUSTOM_CHECKOUT.php of the demo site, see if you've rewrite this part. Or please provide a bug fix by any means.

P.S. This is a bug of the ccc 9.4 demo. And more over, 9.4 will double the config and price when edit a computer.

2. Edit computer bug

On your ccc 9.3 demo, when I click edit from SHOPPING_CART page and back to BUILD page, it'll display products images, but on my installation, there're only the pull down menu and the more_info button, no images at all. Please take a look at the following image to understand this bug.

bug_1.jpg

According to some previous posts on your forum, I think this bug somehow relates to

<input type="hidden" name="pics" value="<?php echo $HTTP_POST_VARS['ccc_pics'];?>">

isn't it?

I also noticed that the README in the 9.3 package says 9.2, could it be that you didn't update the modification of osC files (shopping_cart.php and etc)?

Anyway, I'd appreciate a bug fix for this.

3. Multi language compatibility bug

The language buttons are only useful on the first page of ccc.php. If the custumer tries to change to another language from any page other than the fist page of ccc.php, (s)he will be redirected to either the first page of ccc.php or the store frontpage, or in BUILD page, lost all product selection options.

Glad to see this bug has been fixed in 9.4

4. Pull down menu browser compatibility bug

On BUILD page, when I pull the pull down menu of product selection out, I may see a clear list of products with prices change in a clear way. However, if I select one other than the default, the products list becomes a mess.

This bug is found on IE 5.00.3700 and IE 5.00.2614. But on NetScape 7.0, the pull down menu is always fine while image products can't be shown.

pull down menu BEFORE selection

bug_2_before.jpg

pull down menu AFTER selection

bug_2_after.jpg

Lucky enough, this bug can only be found on IE5. But I still wonder why your ccc 9.3 demo is not affected by this bug.

5. Two more questions:

5.1 The first item on CCC Config in admin is "Default Image For Custom Computers". What is this image for? I couldn't find it to be displayed anywhere after configuration.

5.2 I don't quite understand the function of changing catalog/product_info.php. Would you please tell me what the change will do to the product_info page.

Comments on the coming upgrade verion 9.4

I do appreciate the currency feature a lot. However, other features are not as urgent as solving all the existing bugs of 9.3. From my point of view, it's more practical to have a fully working version up online rather than adding more fancy features with bug remaining. And I'd prefer the BUILD page layout of 9.3

If you couldn't fix all the bugs mentioned above (at least 1, 2, and 3) and have currency support included, I'll have my graphical version 9.3 finished and published.

FOR A PREVIEW OF THE GRAPHICAL VERSION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.

i installed version 9.3, all works corretly, except after order nothing appear

in "Pending Builds" in admin menu.

no probleme in account_history_info.php all appear correctly

i would like take the similar info in account_history_info.php for build the PC because in the order (in admin) only "custom" appear

Sorry for my english i french

please help me for fix it!

Edited by mrmicro

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem but can't seem to find an answer? Anyone out there experiencing the same issue?

Help!

i installed version 9.3, all works corretly, except after order nothing appear

in "Pending Builds" in admin menu.

no probleme in account_history_info.php all appear correctly

i would like take the similar info in account_history_info.php for build the PC because in the order (in admin) only "custom" appear

Sorry for my english i french

please help me for fix it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great contribution! I only have one problem. The pc options are displayed as follows in the confirmation email.

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Amd Xp 3500 (Motherboards:Lethal WeaponKeyboards:Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2Monitors:None SelectedPrinters:Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100Xi) = $604.97

I feel this might confuse customers so some spacers or commas would be good between the various options - any ideas on how to fix it?

cheers

Simon

From the readme file, the following seems to be used alot

if ($order->products[$i]['model'] == "Custom"){
   echo ' <tr>' . 
        ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . 'x</td>' . 
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '<small><i>' . $order->products[$i]['description'] . '</small></i>';
   }else{
   echo ' <tr>' . 
        ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . 'x</td>' . 
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];
   }

to replace

echo ' <tr>' . 
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

as a result I get a seemingly random full product description displayed on key pages like admin/invoice.php, admin/packingslip.php and admin/orders.php

For example:

1x Amd Xp 3500Regional Code: 2 (Japan, Europe, Middle East, South Africa).
Languages: English, Deutsch.
Subtitles: English, Deutsch, Spanish.
Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1.
Picture Format: 16:9 Wide-Screen.
Length: (approx) 80 minutes.
Other: Interactive Menus, Chapter Selection, Subtitles (more languages).

I beleive what should be shown here is the attributes. As anyone else come across this / developed a fix?

From the readme file, the following seems to be used alot

? ?if ($order->products[$i]['model'] == "Custom"){
? ?echo ' <tr>' . 
? ? ? ? ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . 'x</td>' . 
? ? ? ? ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '<small><i>' . $order->products[$i]['description'] . '</small></i>';
? ?}else{
? ?echo ' <tr>' . 
? ? ? ? ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . 'x</td>' . 
? ? ? ? ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];
? ?}

to replace

? ?echo ' <tr>' . 
? ? ? ? ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

as a result I get a seemingly random full product description displayed on key pages like admin/invoice.php, admin/packingslip.php and admin/orders.php

For example:

1x Amd Xp 3500Regional Code: 2 (Japan, Europe, Middle East, South Africa).
Languages: English, Deutsch.
Subtitles: English, Deutsch, Spanish.
Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1.
Picture Format: 16:9 Wide-Screen.
Length: (approx) 80 minutes.
Other: Interactive Menus, Chapter Selection, Subtitles (more languages).

I beleive what should be shown here is the attributes.  As anyone else come across this / developed a fix?

The error is in the instructions for admin/includes/classes/order.php

instead of

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
       while ($orders_products = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_products_query)) {
       $description_query = tep_db_query("select products_description as desc_info from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = " . $orders_products['orders_products_id']);
       $description_info = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query);
       $this->products[$index] = array('qty' => $orders_products['products_quantity'],
                                       'name' => $orders_products['products_name'],
                                       'model' => $orders_products['products_model'],
                                       'description' => $description_info['desc_info'],
                                       'tax' => $orders_products['products_tax'],
                                       'price' => $orders_products['products_price'],
                                       'final_price' => $orders_products['final_price']);

use the code from /catalog/includes/classes/order.php as follows:

$orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model, products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, final_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
     while ($orders_products = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_products_query)) {
      $description_query = tep_db_query("select products_description as desc_info from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = " . $orders_products['products_id']);
      $description_info = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query);
       $this->products[$index] = array('qty' => $orders_products['products_quantity'],
                                       'id' => $orders_products['products_id'],
                                       'name' => $orders_products['products_name'],
                                       'description' => $description_info['desc_info'],
                                       'model' => $orders_products['products_model'],
                                       'tax' => $orders_products['products_tax'],
                                       'price' => $orders_products['products_price'],
                                       'final_price' => $orders_products['final_price']);

Ok, i've installed this now, and i get this while trying to go to the link on the admin left column:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/ccc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwppcom/public_html/store/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/ccc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wwwppcom/public_html/store/admin/ccc_config.php on line 15

Any ideas why??

Thanks.

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, i've installed this now, and i get this while trying to go to the link on the admin left column:

Any ideas why??

Thanks.

Peter.

Peter, check for case sensitivity. In the distribution package the E is capitalized in admin\includes\languages\English if you do a direct transfer it'll create an additional folder instead of copy to your existing admin\includes\languages\english

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If anyone has this working in a live store, can you let me know the URL so that I can go and see it in action. I am thinking about implementing it in my store (www.stsonline.tv) as I'm currently using product attributes to let people configure their PC's.

Regards,

Fish

Ok, so consider me completely new to OSCommerce. Could someone explain in english how to make the products show in the drop fields for the CCC? I have tried everything my little brain can think of. (yeah i'm that new) :-"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ok thank you

This does work. Take no notice of the rest. I have it set up and running, and have had very little or no problems with it. I have to say that it was installed on a clean install which may have helped.

Its easy to setup, easy to use, and casn be altered.

Download it and use it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Its easy to setup, easy to use, and can be altered.

I got it to work on my super modified store as well. It took me *many* hours to correct dozens of bugs.

If you know what you are doing and can do some simple debugging, then it can be installed. However, just realize that there is little or no support for this contribution.

Edited by safoo

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I have the same problem (3) after checkout, nothing appears in pending builds. Anyone have an idea?

Anyone having problems with V9.3 with the following:

1) Product defaults not showing up properly

2) Display picture option does not work properly

3) After checkout, order does not show in the build section of CCC in admin?

Much love to any assistance.

BGT

hey safoo -

I'm thinking of installing this (and modding it!) for the Lush Longboards and Session1 stores but I'm wary of it after reading your warnings.

Are there any similar, better contributions you have used? As you say, there is very little on this one in terms of support. I can write my own, but would rather not spend hours at it!

chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any plans to release a more stable version of this software?

It would seem to be a great piece of kit if not as buggy as made out.

Thanks,

Fish

Edited by neglected_goldfish