• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I have the CHMOD set to 777 and the version of PHP that I'm running is 4.3.10.

I have sent an email to my host & I'll see what they have to say!

Well, I finally heard back from my host & this is what they had to say!

Hello Joel,

Thank-you for expressing an interest in this feature.

At the moment, we do not offer the FTP PHP function.  It has been added to our list of client requested features and may be included in a future service upgrade. Thank-you for your suggestion.

Oh well! Anyone have any other suggestions?

I upload my froogle feed daily and have had absolutely no problems.

Froogle integrates my feed in about 12 hours.

Of course, I've had an account with them for over a year so I didn't have to wait to be approved.

You can do a Froogle search for "HoodCleaningSupplies" and all of my items appear.

Thanks & Good luck.

Mine is going live in dribs and drabs. I think they had a lot of people applying around Xmas time. It is very odd that although I have had several hundred products active and the feed approved for several days now ony around 60 of them are live on Froogle. They are not being filtered - just not there.

This is a great contrib, and I have version 1.52 working fine on my site.

I'm sure this can be done, I just don't know how. I want to add the same text to every description on my site. I only sell one thing, but in different sizes so my descriptions are usually blank, with the item title being the dimensions of the item. I want the descriptions that go to Froogle to talk about the product in general terms and about my store, I just don't know how or where to enter that text.

Can anyone help?

Steve

I must have missed something, I can't see what I do wrong. This is what I am getting when I try to open froogle.php

"Warning: fopen(../feeds/shop.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dison/public_html/secure/testing_site/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 296

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dison/public_html/secure/testing_site/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 297

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dison/public_html/secure/testing_site/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 298

File completed: shop.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/dison/public_html/secure/testing_site/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 300"

Any one can help!

Thank you in advance.

CL

the directory you create for your froogle download must have 777 file permissions.

have you created the directory at /home/dison/public_html/secure/testing_site/shop/catalog/froogle ?

The previous message was on the testing_site, now I have installed the files in the actual site and this is what I getting now!

"Warning: fopen(http://www.diso.ca/shop/feeds/shop.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/diso/public_html/secure/shop-usa/admin/froogle.php on line 299

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/diso/public_html/secure/shop-usa/admin/froogle.php on line 300

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/diso/public_html/secure/shop-usa/admin/froogle.php on line 301

File completed: shop.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/diso/public_html/secure/shop-usa/admin/froogle.php on line 303"

And no I didn't created a froogle directory, did I mist that? :blush:

Thank you,

CL

Ok, I have manage to get the froogle.php working and now, I can see the feeds.txt with all the detail products, is that it, is the file already sent to froogle? No need to do more than that to feed google?

If so this is a great performance compare to the actual google process.

CL

What a great Contrib!!

Just one problem, it all works fine and submits great, the txt file looks prefect.

Now Froogle tell me:

Thank you for submitting your data feed. We've reviewed your feed and need

you to make some changes so that we can successfully process your feed.

Your feed has been rejected due to the reason listed below.

Issue:

- Non-working product_urls

-----------------

It seems the product_urls in your data feed aren't working correctly. If the

product_urls in your feed don't work, then Froogle users won't be able to

order your products. Please double check to make sure that all of your

product_urls are working correctly.

Now i've not changed anything with your code just added the sites url:

$productURL = 'http://www.inspirit-interiors.com/product_info.php?products_id=';

So the .txt file looks like:

product_url   name   description   price   image_url   category   offer_id  instock 
http://www.inspirit-interiors.com/product_info.php?products_id=48	DISUSED RAILWAY CUTTING	Watercolour painting in glazed wood frame with dark green mount.	75.00	http://www.inspirit-interiors.com/catalog/images/RKern005.jpg	Artwork > Originals	48   Y

Any ideas as to what i can do to fix the error??

I'm sure this can be done, I just don't know how. I want to add the same text to every description on my site. I only sell one thing, but in different sizes so my descriptions are usually blank, with the item title being the dimensions of the item. I want the descriptions that go to Froogle to talk about the product in general terms and about my store, I just don't know how or where to enter that text.

Can anyone help?

Steve

Can anyone help?

Steve

I believe Froogle frowns upon this, if the product page does not have the actual text. But it is possible.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

I have a slightly similar problem with the clothing I sell. I ended up with Froogle listings for many different sizes of the same product (no description but it didn;t seem to matter much). I only wanted to show the product master in Froogle. For the moment I have omitted the clothing category until I fix it. I may just hardcode a few lines at the end of the file. All listings are now showing up :-)

Hello All,

I am getting the following error when clicking the Froogle link in my admin section:

Error the data base does not exist

What can I do?

Thanks,

Do you know how?? If I have to I'll add it to every item, but I'd rather not, since it's all the same.

-Steve

I think Froogle checks for it now, i've done it to a few sites. It seems as though it now adds a slight detriment to your Page Rank. Here's an example, use this at your own risk:

?"FREE Shipping on All US orders over $150!" . preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $row->description) ) ) . "\t" .

I just did a quick copy and paste from http://www.newportpassions.com, so this may be from an older version of the feeder. Just look for the similar line. All you need to do is add the preceeding section in bold.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

I think Froogle checks for it now, i've done it to a few sites.  It seems as though it now adds a slight detriment to your Page Rank.  Here's an example, use this at your own risk:

"FREE Shipping on All US orders over $150!" . preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $row->description) ) ) . "\t" .

I just did a quick copy and paste from http://www.newportpassions.com, so this may be from an older version of the feeder.  Just look for the similar line.  All you need to do is add the preceeding section in bold.

Thanks a bunch. That worked like a charm. Now I'll have to see if I have trouble with froogle now. I also used that information to ad to the URL so I can use the ad tracker contrib.

-Steve

Hey all,

Used the most recent, and past versions of this contrib, and it works great!

However when I use it through cron, I get an email from cron saying:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user allgardenfurniture_corp<BR>FTP upload has <b>FAILED!</b> source: ../feeds/time4neon.txt dest: time4neon.txt<BR>

And indeed the upload doesnt show on froogle...Now if i run the file manually it works, and says it suceeded...

Any idea?

Thanjks

Concerning products_description and the stripping of html tags to the froogle.txt file... All of my products_descriptions are in html and use stylesheets as well as a table I've created to select incremental quantities for purchase. Is my description useless to froogle, or can the html, stylesheet and animation.js (functionality for the table) be included?

If not, how difficult would it be to create a new DB entry for 'froogle_description' and copy the basic descriptions so that Froogle Auto Data Feed pulls that field rather than the 'product_description' field.

Check out this page of my site to see what I'm referring to about the table.

(Still in development)

HousewareWarehouse

Thanks,

ArtistRich