• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

MySQL 5 Fix

The current version of the Froogle Feeder errors when using MySQL 5. This can be resolved by making the following change:

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

I am still having error connecting to the database after the changes above...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/shashin/public_html/shop/admin/froogle.php on line 63

Error when connecting itself to the data base

any help?

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

I was wondering why in the feeder section of my admin I get this error.....

File completed: XXXXXXXXXXX.txt

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

I've made the needed changes to my files since they've changed their uploading style. Any thoughts?

Nigelman :)

I was wondering why in the feeder section of my admin I get this error.....

File completed: XXXXXXXXXXX.txt

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

I've made the needed changes to my files since they've changed their uploading style. Any thoughts?

Nigelman :)

Maybe it is a password issue? I uploaded mine to hedwig in the usual way and it worked.

Thanks for a great contribution :)

All is working fine when I manually click the feeder button, it uploads to froogle a treat.

I do however, need some help on the CRON side of things, my e-mail output contained this message:

Could not open input file: /******/public_html/shop/admin/froogle.php.

Any ideas?

Well what a paim in the ar*e!!

Since froogle changed to google base the mass upload feed (which has always worked perfectly) has been throwing back the invalid encoding errors. I've tried everything, all the encoding options in notepad etc but it hasn't sorted it.

Just opened the file in Excel and saved it using the text (ms dos) option, uploaded it and it saying success! no errors :)

Cheers,

Q

I am having a heck of a time with the new google base upload feature. My previous feed was working fine by uploading it from the old merchant center with the exception of 18 items which never appeared on Froogle. Now that same feed returns 120 errors out of 379 products. The errors are all:

"An invalid encoding was specified for the bulk upload file"

The only way around this I have found is to save it using the ms-dos text option in Excel as another poster mentioned above. There are a few problems with this though:

1-Some errors are still returned, I am getting about 3 errors out of 380 now.

2-The ms-dos text option in excel converts some characters to question marks so I have to manually change them back to the original characters before uploading the feed to google base.

The wired thing is that my original 16 items that did not work still do not show up on Froogle even though my feed only reports 3 errors and I know for a fact none of the items with an error are among these 16.

Isn't there an easier way to prepare the feed for Froogle without all of this manual editing?

I changed this...

// charset for web pages and emails
define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

...to this...

// charset for web pages and emails
define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

in both english.php files... I had to go through my products and replace the invalid characters, but it was a one-time edit, and the feed is now correct... :)

hi,

the feed-creator seems to generate wrong prices for some items. For example, 1 item is listed as $24.89, while on my site it is $30.12.

Also i always get a "ftp connection failed" message. FTP settings in froogle.php are checked and ok.

Any help?

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

the feed-creator seems to generate wrong prices for some items. For example, 1 item is listed as $24.89, while on my site it is $30.12.

found the problem here: the feed lists prices excl. VAT, while the prices on my site are incl. VAT. How do i correct that?

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

Hello,

I have a problem with my Froogle. I just install it and I got this message when running admin -> froogle.php

CODE

Notice: Undefined variable: FunctionName in D:\Web\usedkidsbooks\admin\froogle.php on line 205

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.usedkidsbooks.com/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.usedkidsbooks.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Based on this line:

FunctionName in D:\Web\usedkidsbooks\admin\froogle.php

it sounds like you have a configuration set wrong in the admin/froogle.php file.

Hello all, I have the same problems described above.

1) Undefined variable: FunctionName

FunctionName is not defined anywhere in Froogle.php, and I cannot find it in dependant files.

Is FunctionName some kind of system variable?? How and where do I set it?

2) : SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'

I have checked my database and products.manufacturers_id is present and correct. I can run queries on it ok, but not this one!! Does anyone know why this error occurs? I am using MySQL Server 5.0

Any help appreciated.

Hello,

I have a problem with my Froogle. I just install it and I got this message when running admin -> froogle.php

CODE

Notice: Undefined variable: FunctionName in D:\Web\usedkidsbooks\admin\froogle.php on line 205

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.usedkidsbooks.com/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.usedkidsbooks.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Hello all, I have the same problems described above.

1) Undefined variable: FunctionName

FunctionName is not defined anywhere in Froogle.php, and I cannot find it in dependant files.

Is FunctionName some kind of system variable?? How and where do I set it?

2) : SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'

I have checked my database and products.manufacturers_id is present and correct. I can run queries on it ok, but not this one!! Does anyone know why this error occurs? I am using MySQL Server 5.0

Any help appreciated.

1) Try using the first release without SEO Support.

2) MySQL 5 Fix Stolen from previous post

The current version of the Froogle Feeder errors when using MySQL 5. This can be resolved by making the following change:

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

Please let me know if this works. I do not have access to a MySQL 5 Server. If it does, I will perform additional testing and prepare an updated release of the Froogle Data Feeder.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hello!

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

this worked: :)

I had the same SQL Error

Edited by vritzka

I wonder if anyone can give me a clue here.

I have version 1.62d of the Froogle data feeder installed on a pretty much vanilla store.

The txt file is generated with all fields correct except for 'name' and 'description' which are just blank for each product

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Froogle Data Feeder 1.63 has been released to add support for MySQL 5. SEO support for Chemo was not included; it caused additional issues for most users and will be rewritten shortly. The encoding issue will also be looked into formally. I just wanted to get a release out to correct the MySQL 5 issue ASAP.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hi All,

I have looked through the thread but didn't see any posts about this so if this question has already been answered sorry.

Some of my urls come out:

http://localhost/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32

Instead of:

http://gr8sale.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32

Not all of them, just some.

Other than that the script seems to running correctly. I was using the previous version so I upgraded to the newest, but that didn't fix the problem. Tried reseting the cache. Checked the settings. half are at http://localhost and half are at http://gr8sale.com

My Feed

Any help is appreciated! :D

Stephanie :blink:

1) Try using the first release without SEO Support.

2) MySQL 5 Fix Stolen from previous post

Around line 89:

FROM categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories

Change to:

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

Please let me know if this works. I do not have access to a MySQL 5 Server. If it does, I will perform additional testing and prepare an updated release of the Froogle Data Feeder.

Thanks for that, I thought Id searched the thread properly..... :-)

I thought it may be MySQL v 5, Ive had a couple of other issues with it.

Ill let you know how I get on with the fix.

I uploaded my feed 2 days ago and it looks perfectly fine to me. Froogle reports the following:

Number of items processed: 371

Number of items succeeded: 371

Number of active items: 371

Yet I am missing 19 items from these 371, they do not appear on Froogle. Only 352 items are actually listed on Froogle.

This has always been my problem, usually 18 don't appear but now it is 19.

I checked each of the usual 18 and they all look fine in the feed, there is no obvious reason for this issue.

Does anyone have a solution or explanation?

Thank you.

Edited by docprego