• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Is there a way to modify to "instock" behavior? For example, I have some items on my site that are 'In Stock', however I set the quantity available to 0 so it cannot be purchased. This is so I can display services available at our physical store that cannot be bought. If I change it to Inactive/Out of Stock, then they do not appear on my site at all.

Any ideas? I am not a very good programmer, but perhaps the instock code could confirm Quantity>0 as well as the "In Stock" flag... does that make sense?

Froogle rejected my feed until I can get this straightened out, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Mike

I have been looking for an answer on how to remove comma from the price in the feed.txt but I couldn't find any clear answer.

Could someone please let me know how can we remove the comma from the feed.txt. My prices are currently showing as 1,999.99. I received an email from Froogle that it should look like 1999.99 or $1999.99.

Thanks for any replies.

that should not be an issue.... i was just made aware of releases from tarheit. if you are having problems, i suggest my 1.62d release from 12/21. I also released code for CHEMO's SEO around that time too in this topic.... it was just never integrated into a release.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Can someone explain the difference in froogle feed, and google feed. Also what about xml googlesitemap feed, is that basically submitting the site to google??? Please someone clearify for me.

thanks

The Froogle Data Feeder is a shopping comparision search engine while Google Base is a classified service offered by Google. Both are free from Google, but both require seperate feeders.

Is there a way to modify to "instock" behavior? For example, I have some items on my site that are 'In Stock', however I set the quantity available to 0 so it cannot be purchased. This is so I can display services available at our physical store that cannot be bought. If I change it to Inactive/Out of Stock, then they do not appear on my site at all.

Well I managed to do it; my site now flags instock 'N' if the item is out of stock or the quantity is zero. If anyone else ever needs similar functionality, here is what you need to change in froogle.php:

Find this line, 2/3 of the way down:

if($row->prodStatus == 1)

...and change it to this:

if($row->prodStatus == 1 && $row->quantity>0)

-Mike

that should not be an issue.... i was just made aware of releases from tarheit. if you are having problems, i suggest my 1.62d release from 12/21. I also released code for CHEMO's SEO around that time too in this topic.... it was just never integrated into a release.

Thanks for your reply,

I have installed your release, but it is creating the price with "," as well.

Please let me know if you have found a way around this.

Thanks

Regards,

Hi

I'm using the Froogle Data Feeder v1.62a contribution ....works great but, have now been asked by shopping.com to also provide manufacturer codes (which I put under the 'Model' section of a product) with my csv upload.

My question is how can I tell Froogle Data Feeder to also include the 'Model' details with it's output?

Thanks for any help folks

:blink:

Hi,

When I cut/paste this:

define('BOX_HEADING_FEEDERS', 'Feeder Systems');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_AMAZON', 'Amazon Marketplace');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_BIZRATE', 'Biz Rate');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_FROOGLE', 'Froogle');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_MYSIMON', 'MySimon');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_PRICE_GRABBER', 'Price Grabber');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_SHOPPING', 'Shopping.com');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_YAHOO', 'Yahoo');

define('BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE_BASE', 'Google Base');

into the admin/filenames.php and the admin/languages/english.php and then go to the store admin, under Feeder Systems it only shows Biz Rate, Froogle, and Yahoo. How can I make it show the others?

TIA

I'm still having the "internal error" message from froogle but I see my store in froogle now....i got 165 items but 164 items are the only active items.....one of the item is causing this internal error....hmmmm.... :unsure:

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.

Hi Calvin,

thanks for great contribution, so far everything seems to work "almost" as expected.

I noticed that in my .txt file descriptions of products are in English, but the category names are in French (we use 4 different languages in our shop). Is there a possibility of making it multilingual? Or at least getting category names in English only?

Also do you know how to limit the length of the exported descriptions? We give free products with some of our items and Froogle doesn't like that the free products are included in our descriptions. Therefore if we place it at the end and make the feed description shorter, it would work just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hi!

I experience problem, error:

Warning: main(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\www\i\s\israel1shop.com\www\catalog\admin\froogle.php on line 25

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in d:\www\i\s\israel1shop.com\www\catalog\admin\froogle.php on line 25

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in d:\www\i\s\israel1shop.com\www\catalog\admin\froogle.php on line 26

Anybody has idea about it

Thx

ok. ive searched and searched.

this dosent seem to be a problem for anyone else, so maybe i just f'ed it up.

the feed function itself appears to work. i did not install the admin for it, i just parse it through the url.

the txt file, however, is being rejected from google. its saying 'unregocnized header".

i tried opening it in excel, it wont open at all no matter if i change the delimiter, etc. the file itself looks wrong to me.

is it possible to change delimiters? it seems that the delimiter is a 'space', which is a problem because there are spaces between my descriptions and names of products. my txt file isnt 'organized' - its like this:

product_url name description price image_url category offer_id

http://www.mysite.net/sterling-silver-squa...rings-p-29.html

Sterling Silver Square CZ Fishhook Earrings 14.99

http://www.mysite.net/images/http:// <A

href="http://www.mysite.net/earrings/B_ECZ560_s Silver Earrings 29

http://www.mysite.net/sterling-silver-hear...celet-p-30.html

Sterling Silver Heart Toggle Bracelet Sterling Silver Toggle Heart Bracelet. 7

Inches Long. 14.95 Silver Bracelets 30

<B>i should mention<B/> that i dont have images in osc for any of them, and some of them dont have descriptions yet. is this whats throwing it off?

any suggestions are appriciated. THANK YOU!!! :P

Edited by lauren6318

I have been looking for an answer on how to remove comma from the price in the feed.txt but I couldn't find any clear answer.

Could someone please let me know how can we remove the comma from the feed.txt. My prices are currently showing as 1,999.99. I received an email from Froogle that it should look like 1999.99 or $1999.99.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Can anybody help us?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Can anybody help us?

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure this contrib doesn't put a comma in your prices by default. Perhaps it's a setting somewhere else? Remember that if you're manually checking the feed first (in Excel, for example), Excel WILL add things like numeric formatiing etc. depending on your system settings.

That's all I can think of...maybe I'm wrong!

I'm still having the "internal error" message from froogle but I see my store in froogle now....i got 165 items but 164 items are the only active items.....one of the item is causing this internal error....hmmmm.... :unsure:

In your Froogle Merchant Account, Google should provide additional details about the error.

Hi Calvin,

thanks for great contribution, so far everything seems to work "almost" as expected.

I noticed that in my .txt file descriptions of products are in English, but the category names are in French (we use 4 different languages in our shop). Is there a possibility of making it multilingual? Or at least getting category names in English only?

Also do you know how to limit the length of the exported descriptions? We give free products with some of our items and Froogle doesn't like that the free products are included in our descriptions. Therefore if we place it at the end and make the feed description shorter, it would work just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I have never heard of that category issue before.... but i suppose it is possible.

Replace:

$catInfo = "
SELECT
categories.categories_id AS curCatID,
categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,
categories_description.categories_name AS catName
FROM
categories,
categories_description
WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id
";

$catInfo = "

SELECT

categories.categories_id AS curCatID,

categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,

categories_description.categories_name AS catName

FROM

categories,

categories_description

WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id

AND language_id = 1

";

[code]

The last line in the replacement code specifies a particular lanaguage... you may need to set it to something other than 1... probably 1, 2, 3, or 4.

To truncate the description you would need to work something like the following into the code:

http://www.invalidresponse.com/module-Foru...ic-topic-9.html

There may be a more direct string truncator... built into php.

ok. ive searched and searched.

this dosent seem to be a problem for anyone else, so maybe i just f'ed it up.

the feed function itself appears to work. i did not install the admin for it, i just parse it through the url.

the txt file, however, is being rejected from google. its saying 'unregocnized header".

i tried opening it in excel, it wont open at all no matter if i change the delimiter, etc. the file itself looks wrong to me.

is it possible to change delimiters? it seems that the delimiter is a 'space', which is a problem because there are spaces between my descriptions and names of products. my txt file isnt 'organized' - its like this:

<B>i should mention<B/> that i dont have images in osc for any of them, and some of them dont have descriptions yet. is this whats throwing it off?

any suggestions are appriciated. THANK YOU!!! :P

If this is in regards to the Froogle Feed and not the Google Base feed (which i did not release), it is tab deliminated... and all known bugs with delimination have been worked out. It is possible that there could be an error, but highly unlikely. Not having descriptions or images will not throw off the feeder. I suggest trying my original release of 1.62d. Ocassionally, people's text editors or FTP programs may delete the built in deliminators in the file such as the \t... if that's true, then just start with a new download from osC contributions and try again.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

I'm pretty sure this contrib doesn't put a comma in your prices by default. Perhaps it's a setting somewhere else? Remember that if you're manually checking the feed first (in Excel, for example), Excel WILL add things like numeric formatiing etc. depending on your system settings.

That's all I can think of...maybe I'm wrong!

very true. if you plan to modify and save a feed file, I suggest never using excel.

all known comma issues have been worked out.... despite the fact that it seems like the feeder was recently released. It's been around for almost two years now and pretty much stable. osC just didn't like the fact the GNU wasn't packaged with it and deleted the contribution without warning.

Does anyone know how to add text after the title in from my store. For example my title is TITLE and I want to add TEXT to it so that it shows up like this in froogle TITLE TEXT but I only want it to do that if it is in a certain Category. If anyone knows how to please respond. Thanks for the contribution, it saves so much time!

Hi guys :)

First, thanks and props to Calvin for creating this contribution :thumbsup:

Three words: Easiest - Install - Ever :D

I also got it working - well, almost, otherwise i probably wouldnt be posting here as this thread already is long enough ;)

Having that said and been reading the last 25 pages or so, i couldnt find a solution to my problem..

My feed creates somewhat properly - i suppose (didnt upload to froogle yet) - but it doesnt display the right urls in the feed.

I also use Chemos Ultimate SEO Url Mod (which is really great, too) but somehow the suposedly rewritten urls just dont show up right in the feed.

Example:

<-snip->

http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/-p-143.html Flauschi gr?n Fibres "Flauschi gr?n" Preis pro Meter 0.13 http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/images/flauschi_gruen.jpg Scrapbooking > Fibres 143

http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/-p-144.html Flauschi champagner Fibres "Flauschi champagner" Preis pro Meter 0.13 http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/images/flauschi_champagner.jpg Scrapbooking > Fibres 144

http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/-p-145.html Flauschi blau Fibres "Flauschi blau" Fibres in abgestuften blau Nuancen Preis pro Meter 0.13 http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/images/flauschi_blau.jpg Scrapbooking > Fibres 145

<-snip->

They just dont have the full category / product-name written into them, just the product-id number...

Here are my froogle.php configurations:

$OutFile = "../feeds/xxxxxx_gmail_com.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

$destination_file = "xxxxxx_gmail_com.txt"; //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt" ;

$source_file = $OutFile;

$imageURL = 'http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/images/';

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){

$productURL = 'product_info.php'; // ***** Revised for SEO

$productParam = "products_id="; // ***** Added for SEO

}else{

$productURL = 'http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=';

}

$already_sent = array();

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){

$home = DB_SERVER; // ****** revised these because we can....

$user=DB_SERVER_USERNAME;

$pass=DB_SERVER_PASSWORD;

$base=DB_DATABASE;

}else{

$home = "localhost" ;

$user="xxxxxx";

$pass="xxxxxx";

$base="xxxxxxshop";

}

$ftp_server = "hedwig.google.com" ;

$ftp_user_name = "xxxxxx";

$ftp_user_pass = "xxxxxx";

$ftp_directory = ""; // leave blank for froogle

$taxRate = 0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use "$taxRate = 17.5;")

$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1; //Do not edit

$convertCur = false; //default = false

$curType = "USD"; // Converts Currency to any defined currency (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)

if($convertCur)

{

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){

$productParam="currency=" . $curType . "&products_id=";

}else{

$productURL = "http://www.xxxxxx.de/shop/product_info.php?currency=" . $curType . "&products_id="; //where CURTYPE is your currency type (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)

}

}

I didnt touch the advanced config (yet?) as i didnt feel the need to do so ;)

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction - it probably is something uber-simple but sometimes you just dont see the trees in the wood =)

Thanks in advance for helping :D

Does anyone know how to add text after the title in from my store. For example my title is TITLE and I want to add TEXT to it so that it shows up like this in froogle TITLE TEXT but I only want it to do that if it is in a certain Category. If anyone knows how to please respond. Thanks for the contribution, it saves so much time!

Froogle will eventually reject your feed if you tamper with the data, if you append something like "FREE SHIPPING!" to any products. They'll match up your feed to your site, then deactivate your feed.

Froogle will eventually reject your feed if you tamper with the data, if you append something like "FREE SHIPPING!" to any products. They'll match up your feed to your site, then deactivate your feed.

Actually I am selling flower seeds and I named all of my products with their Flower name and I was wanting to add the word flower seeds so that when I type flower seeds in froogle it will pull up my products Do you know how?