• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the Froogle module (v1.61). As indicated, I changed all values in the froogle.php file and uploaded it to the admin directory.

After launching froogle.php, I received toe message:

Warning: Too many connections in /home/www/allteck/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/www/allteck/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Anyone in here knowing what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks, Tjeerd

your host server is not linking the amount of connections being used, you need to have then restart mysql and let them know what is going on.

perhaps time to move to another host who gives you a bit more on mysql.

Hi all I have upgraded from v1.44 to the newest version. i am trying to use the script not only to do froogle which i have working but to also do feeds for price grabber as well. The only thing missing from the froogle feed as it is is the product weight. I searched for some info on this and tried some of the included code but it did not work. Can someone tell me haw to enable a column called weight and populate it with the weight for each product? Thanks

Hi all I have upgraded from v1.44 to the newest version. i am trying to use the script not only to do froogle which i have working but to also do feeds for price grabber as well. The only thing missing from the froogle feed as it is is the product weight. I searched for some info on this and tried some of the included code but it did not work. Can someone tell me haw to enable a column called weight and populate it with the weight for each product? Thanks

I got it sorted out. thanks all.

Version 1.6.1 from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2000 has this. Go download that one.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hello

Sorry if the question has already been asked, but I was unable to find anything about langages...

My default language is French...

I have to publish to Froogle Germany

I've set language option to "de"

But the export is still in french

Have you an idea to correct this ?

Thanks

$taxRate = 19.6; //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use "$taxRate = 17.5;")
$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1;  //Do not edit
$convertCur = true; //default = false
$curType = "EUR"; // Converts Currency to any defined currency (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
if($convertCur)
{
$productURL = "http://www.arts-primitifs.com/shop-africain/product_info.php?currency=" . $curType . "&products_id=";  //where CURTYPE is your currency type (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
}

//START Advance Optional Values

//(0=False 1=True) (optional_sec must be enabled to use any options)
$optional_sec = 1;
$instock = 0;
$shipping = 0;
$lowestShipping = "4.95";  //this is not binary.
$brand = 0;
$upc = 0;   //Not supported by default osC
$manufacturer_id = 0;  //Not supported by default osC
$product_type = 0;
$currency = 1;
$default_currency = "EUR";  //this is not binary.
$feed_language = 1;
$default_feed_language = "de";  //this is not binary.
$ship_to = 0;

Export exemple :

product_url   name   description   price   image_url   category   offer_id  currency   language 
http://www.arts-primitifs.com/shop-africain/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=35	Lance pierre Lobi	Tr?s beau lance-pierre Lobi en provenance du Burkina Faso. L'objetrepr?sente une divinit? f?ninine, le manche estnoueux, belle patine d'usage. Bois dur, livr? socl?. Pi?cepeu courante et ? petit prix.  --  +/- 5    Burkina Faso    Lobi-   23 x 10   0.205   70 ?   	 70.00	http://arts-primitifs.com/shop-africain/images/lance_pierre_lobi_03_face.jpg	Mus?e	35   EUR   de 
http://www.arts-primitifs.com/shop-africain/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=36	Masque Baoul?	Masque baoul? en bois tr?s dur. Patine extraordinaire,coiffure traditionnelle finement repr?sent?e. Marques descarifications rituelles sur le front, les tempes et les joues. Livr? sursocle amovible.  Mati?re : Bois. Remarques : sur son socle, excellent ?tat, fenteinvisible sur l'arri?re due au changement hygronom?trique. Socle  +/- 5    Côte d'Ivoire    Baoulé   32 x 16    0.950   195 €   	 195.00	http://arts-primitifs.com/shop-africain/images/masque_baoule_1.jpg	Mus?e	36   EUR   de

it's currently not supported to do that... err... 1/2 way done with feeder system 2.0

oh well... i just just coded an updated version of the current with lauguage support. pm me and i'll give you a download location for beta testing.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hi - Thanks for the Mod!

Having a couple of problems and while I've searched the forum and read a great deal of this thread I can't see the answers to my questions.

Firstly it appears I need to be logged in as admin to be able to access the froogle.php script as it is in the admin folder? This obviously wont' work with cron so whats the solution? Move it out of the admin folder?

Also I'm having trouble uploading. I can get the file to create correctly by putting the relative path instead of the full path. So '../feeds/fr-out.txt' works but then it won't upload. If I change it to the full path like '/home/fighters/public_html/feeds/fr-out.txt' the resutling file is empty but it uploads.

Any ideas?

Also when I click the file name link to see the file generated it gives me a url like 'http://www.fighterszone.com/home/fighters/public_html/feeds/fr-out.txt'

Regards

lux

no dont move it outside of the admin, leave it there, when you setup the cron job you wont have any problems, as long as you setup cron properly. there is a thread in tips and tricks of how to setup cron, and it is very thourough.

do you have the ftp section commented out?

and yes when you click the name it will give you a url like that, as that is the file.

clifton, the file is not corrupt.  as indicated in the description,  that contribution is now integrated into the froogle data feeder, so there is no separate contribution.  so look for contribution 2000.

Thanks flyingmonkey, already had that one installed, since i did it first. thankyou for he reply

no dont move it outside of the admin, leave it there, when you setup the cron job you wont have any problems, as long as  you setup cron properly.  there is a thread in tips and tricks of how to setup cron, and it is very thourough.

do you have the ftp section commented out?

and yes when you click the name it will give you a url like that, as that is the file.

Thanks for that, much appreciated ;)

Lux

Hi

What exactly does this install instruction comment mean ?

9) For the Feeder System Admin Control Panel (Not Recommended: Optional)

Does it mean that its not recommended to install the Admin Control Panel ?

Sorry if I am missing something - the comment is not clear to my logic ( I dont have much )

Thanks

Roy

I just want to say thanks for such a great contribution! I have received 1 order in 5 days of being accepted by Froogle and MANY clicks on my products from both Yahoo and Froogle.

I made some changes to the feeders.php so that it has a header and looks like the rest of the osC Admin. Plus, as your mouse moves over each line, it gets highlightes as seen in the pic below. Then when you click on SUBMIT or the highlighted line itself, it runs/submits the feed.

feeder1.jpg

I also added on the submission report page, a BACK button that will take you back to the feeder.php page.

feeder2.jpg

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

thanks jared!  unfortunately my hosting provider doesn't use cpanel.  I entered one through ssh.  but i'm not sure if it's correct.

This is what I entered:

0 4 * * 3 /usr/bin/curl -s -u user:pass http://www.mywebserver.com/catalog/admin/froogle.php

where user:pass is the user:password into the admin folder?

type crontab -e

paste the crontab entry at the bottom save and exit.

--- Denver Prophit Jr.

looks fine in ie6, but doesn't open in other text editors because it contains characters that are not in the code page 1251 (ANSI - Latin I).? it'll probably load just fine into Froogle, even it excel can't open it.

This should fix it: (I've updated it)

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "?" => "", "™" => "", "?" => "", "\t" => " ", "	" => " ");

the last one contains a " " tab.? You may have to put in the tab yourself, it can't copy and paste.

Many thanks for the contrib and this fix, something has been driving me nuts for days with just some of my items not showing on Froogle, and it turns out it was tabs causing the problems... I think. I looked at my descriptions on the 10% or so of items that were not showing up on Froogle, and the Feeder data was showing big gaps in the descriptions where I must have hit tab or something weird when typing them, trying to make them appear neatly one my site (yeah, I have a hodgegpodge mess of <p>s and <br>s and tabs and other stuff in my descriptions).

I typed the fix and the gaps are gone-- crossing my fingers that the products will now appear happily on froogle.

On another note, if the following hasn't been mentioned before (didn't see it, but could have missed it), hopefully it will help some who have or will have this problem...

strangely, some of my specials were correct and others were missed by the Feeder (i.e., product 15's special price was output to file, but product 16's wasn't).

I found that the products that did not have their specials captured by the Feeder were products that I had made inactive at one point (when I thought I could get no more), and then reactivated later (when I found I could get more). Turns out the specials have to be sort of "reactivated" (even though never turned off and still showing at my site) for the Feeder to find them. I did this by going to the specials in question in the OsCommerce administration, selecting "edit" (on the right), then just clicking "update" on the particular product's "special" admin page. The Feeder got them after that :)

I

Edited by Paul Burke

I found that the products that did not have their specials captured by the Feeder were products that I had made inactive at one point (when I thought I could get no more), and then reactivated later (when I found I could get more). Turns out the specials have to be sort of "reactivated" (even though never turned off and still showing at my site) for the Feeder to find them. I did this by going to the specials in question in the OsCommerce administration, selecting "edit" (on the right), then just clicking "update" on the particular product's "special" admin page. The Feeder got them after that :)

I

Couldn't edit the post for some reason, so this addendum...

SOME of the items were as above, others were just items that I had taken off of special and put back on by clicking the red and green circles on the "specials" admin page. These I fixed the same as those above-- clicked "edit" then "update" for each.

Hi

What exactly does this install instruction comment mean ?

9) For the Feeder System Admin Control Panel (Not Recommended: Optional)

Does it mean that its not recommended to install the Admin Control Panel ?

Sorry if I am missing something - the comment is not clear to my logic ( I dont have much )

Thanks

Roy

i probably meant (Recommended: Optional), I'll update it in the next release.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Has froogle ftp been down, I cannot connect through the feeder, ftp, or browser ftp. actualy I cannot get past the login,

Wow it only took 1 day to get conformation to set up

File completed: ???????.txt

Warning: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/??????/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 317

FTP open connection failed to ftp://hedwig.google.com

Script timer: 0.088063 seconds.

#317= "$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);"

Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.