• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

just for grins, while i was reviewing error logs for one of my sites, i came across this:

$_strip_replace

then, other errors:

undefined index line 172

if ($already_sent[$row->id] == 1) continue; // if we've sent this one, skip the rest of the while loop

undefined varialble line 191/192

preg_replace($_strip_search, $strip_replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $row->name) ) ) . "\t" .

preg_replace($_strip_search, $strip_replace, strip_tags( str_replace(">", "> ", $row->description) ) ) . "\t" .

the txt file is created, which didnt push me to take a look at the error logs.

the $_strip_replace error was fixed with the lastest release. it's because in the lines where it's used it's $strip_replace (without the extra _)

i'm not at my normal computer, and i haven't had access for days. but i think it's cause $already_sent isn't initialized previously in the code. hopefully, i'll have access to a real computer and i can take a better look at it.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

I started getting this error on September fourth, I don't know if it's that Froogle changed something, or if maybe my host changed something, or if it's something else but as far as I can remember I did not make any changes to any files.

Here is the error:

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in <b>/home2/briandl7/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php</b> on line <b>125</b><br /> <br />

<b>Warning</b>: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/home2/briandl7/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php</b> on line <b>128</b><br /> FTP connection has failed!<BR>Attempted to connect to hedwig.google.com for user consolestop<BR>

Calvin:

This is my error log with Froogle Data Feeder v1.4.4

PHP Notice: Undefined index: 47 in /usr/home/dennisra/public_html/catalog/gust/froogle.php on line 112

PHP Notice: Undefined index: 105 in /usr/home/dennisra/public_html/catalog/gust/froogle.php on line 230

PHP Notice: Undefined index: 109 in /usr/home/dennisra/public_html/catalog/gust/froogle.php on line 230

PHP Notice: Undefined index: 110 in /usr/home/dennisra/public_html/catalog/gust/froogle.php on line 230

Many thanks.

Dennis

after an analysis, these errors seem to occur when a check is performed when the element in an array for that particular key is NULL or non-existant. this occurs in two cases in the code:

1) when it checks to see if the product has been entered into the txt file. (on line 230)

2) when it checks to see if the category exist in 112.

So, the code should produce N errors of 230, where N is the number of products. And it will produce M errors of 112, where M is the number of categories with a parent.

These are non critical errors.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

they may be noncritical, however when an enducer (client who owns the site) sees tons of errors in the log, they kind of freak out. and if someone has 10000 items, when frogle is run, it then generates over 20000 errors in the log, and most likely 30000 errors.

1.52 beta should fix both "PHP Notice: Undefined index" bugs. It corrects the 230 error, but the 112 error is untested. Sadly, I still don't have any beta testers for v1.5 series. Considering, none of the development has been for my store since v1.1

Does anyone want to test 1.52? It adds an admin panel, support for "uber-sized" stores, code optimizations, and bug fixes to the non-critical "undefined index" notices.

1.52 beta should fix both "PHP Notice: Undefined index" bugs. It corrects the 230 error, but the 112 error is untested. Sadly, I still don't have any beta testers for v1.5 series. Considering, none of the development has been for my store since v1.1

Does anyone want to test 1.52? It adds an admin panel, support for "uber-sized" stores, code optimizations, and bug fixes to the non-critical "undefined index" notices.

Would love to.

Shoot it my way or give me alink.

Thanks for all the hard work.

every day above ground is a good day.

John: for the vat code... your missing an "$" (i forgot it in the original, sorry) Please don't post the entire code, next time.

$vat = 1.175; //where 17.5% is your tax rate
$row->price = $row->price * vat;

should be:

$vat = 1.175; //where 17.5% is your tax rate
$row->price = $row->price * $vat;

Thank you, everyone for your support.

-Calvin

1.52 beta should fix both "PHP Notice: Undefined index" bugs.  It corrects the 230 error, but the 112 error is untested.  Sadly, I still don't have any beta testers for v1.5 series.  Considering, none of the development has been for my store since v1.1

Does anyone want to test 1.52?  It adds an admin panel, support for "uber-sized" stores, code optimizations, and bug fixes to the non-critical "undefined index" notices.

Would love to.

Shoot it my way or give me alink.

Thanks for all the hard work.

I currently have about 4780 products. Does that qualify as "Uber-sized" ? :blink:

If so, I'll be happy to beta-test.

David

I currently have about 4780 products. Does that qualify as "Uber-sized" ? blink.gif

Uber-sized is something of a relative term, and really means any store which didn't work in previous versions due to memory limitations. Most stores, this happened around 5000 products, but it could be fewer, or more. In the spirit of beta testing, I would be interested to know if you notice any speed issues with this new version, compared to the previous versions.

Having participated in fixing this issue, what it does is flush to disk every so many products, rather than building the entire file in memory. It would be good to see if this impacts performance noticably (I don't think it does), or if there are some optimizations still needed on adjusting the number of products before flushing.

For anyone interested, this fix has been tested on stores with 100K + products, so it should be a matter of tuning, not so much worrying about if it works, but then, you never know.......

Dan

Dan Stevens

i currently have it set to 750, it really depends on the overall size of the query(larger descriptions, etc). i personally, i haven't seen any problem until after 5k+

currently, anything past 750, qualifies as an "uber-sized" store (since it's the break'n point). it still works with everything less than 750, of course.

PM's sent. any reports yet? it should be a fairly drop in, just like before if you don't want the admin. you'll still need to copy and paste your configurations though.

Uber-sized is something of a relative term, and really means any store which didn't work in previous versions due to memory limitations. Most stores, this happened around 5000 products, but it could be fewer, or more. In the spirit of beta testing, I would be interested to know if you notice any speed issues with this new version, compared to the previous versions.

Dan

Cool. Just let me know where to get the code, and I'm off!

David

a long needed optimization to the specials was added to v1.5. so it reduces the original sql query from 3 to 2. so comparision of the previous versions to a new version, may be subjective. overall the system shouldn't be bogg'd down too much.

my best guess in terms of optimizing performance with the "uber-sized" stores is to set it to the breaking point. since the least amount of file writes is probably the fastest. but for the most part, everything should be still quick enough.

Quick question for everyone: Do your images load on Froogle if their filenames have a space in them? (e.g. "atkins bar.jpg" or "low carb chocolate.gif") mrguytx reported problems and a fix was released for him, but i'd just like to check if this was happening to everyone. if it is, i'll release the fix into the public release.

an easy way to check is to visit: www.froogle.com and type in store:yourstorename

I started getting this error on September fourth, I don't know if it's that Froogle changed something, or if maybe my host changed something, or if it's something else but as far as I can remember I did not make any changes to any files.

Here is the error:

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in <b>/home2/briandl7/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php</b> on line <b>125</b><br /> <br />

<b>Warning</b>: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/home2/briandl7/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php</b> on line <b>128</b><br /> FTP connection has failed!<BR>Attempted to connect to hedwig.google.com for user consolestop<BR>

Just wanted to bump this up, FlyingMonkey can you throw me a bone here ?

Thanks..

Brian: i'm not sure. if you haven't changed anything, then its probably your host.

just a note to the beta testers, please look for correct/complete category trees; duplicate products; and if they prices for specials are correct.

I'm checking with my host now. Has everyone else's feed been uploading fine since September fourth?

Again I assume it fails because either my host changed something or Froogle changed something.

I uploaded the newest version of the Froogle data feeder and I still get the same error. I have a cron job setup nightly and it has been giving me the error I mentioned earlier every night since then.

Quick question for everyone: Do your images load on Froogle if their filenames have a space in them? (e.g. "atkins bar.jpg" or "low carb chocolate.gif") mrguytx reported problems and a fix was released for him, but i'd just like to check if this was happening to everyone. if it is, i'll release the fix into the public release.

an easy way to check is to visit: www.froogle.com and type in store:yourstorename

The space in filenames issue was fixed just fine.

I'll be testing the beta of your new upload tonite.

every day above ground is a good day.

I see a lot of people are trying 1.5 beta already (I don't dare to do beta-tests myself :))

Could you tell if this version allows having Froogle item description different from description shown in the catalog? I would like to have this for optimizing Froogle description and to cut out all kinds of "Buy this and succeed!". This kind of texts is clearly discouraged by Froogle feed instructions