• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

From a few pages back:

1.5 beta will be delayed a bit. i have a 1500 word paper, a presentation, a 3k paper then i'm moving in the next week. hopefully, the public release will fall into the normal time frame. 1.5 shouldn't be that hard to beta test, since it "shouldn't" affect the generated feed file. so i could just do a comparision on the feeds, and if something is different... DOH!

v1.5 is designed mainly to improve performance, usability, reliability, and help move towards modulization in v2.0. (the code will be a bit leaner with more efficent SQL queries; admin panel; and support those "uber-sized" stores 10k+ in products)

This post has been edited by FlyingMonkey on Aug 28 2004, 10:14 AM

Edited by Mibble

go back to page 45 or so and then you can read forward. i dont write the contribution. i just follow it, i have my own way of sending to froogle. Calvin does a great job with this, he is the one who is controlling the #;s. does it really matter? he explains why it will be 1.5 in the post.

The number sequence is done by the following, sorry for any confusion:

MajorVersionChange.FeatureUpdate.UpdateToFeature_OR_BugFix

If it is followed by a letter a,b,c,d,e it means the code hasn't changed and it was just a readme update.

If it is MajorVersionChange.FeatureUpdate.UpdateToFeature build ## such as in v1.3.7 build 13, it means that v1.3.7 has had 13 bug fixes and should mean its on its 7th update the to originally added feature. The build ## were never meant to happen, but in v1.3 the original beta release ran in N^3 time (really slow) and was rewritten entirely to use index cacheing and was rereleased as v1.3.5 alpha (which ran in ~N time) then was improved again in 1.3.6 beta and 1.3.7 beta to push the run time down to a theoretical N. v1.3.2 through v1.3.4 were skipped, since the code did not closely resemble the original v.1.3

Otherwise it is: MajorVersionChange.FeatureUpdate.BugFix such as in version 1.4.4 (eg. 4th added feature, and 4 bug fixes).

I only increment the numbers when there is a beta release or an internal alpha release. This helps cut down on the confusion, since every release has its own unique version number and gives me a point to backup the progress of the code (as a go back point).

The latest "stable" releases are always posted in the contributions section and beta versions are available upon request. Currently there is no beta available for v1.5.

I'll try and squeeze in some coding time this weekend before I have to start on a 3000 word paper and move everything out of storage into our new place.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

i think it is something with google/froogle, as all my images have no spaces in them, yet not all images show up. this part i have not figured out and in my contact to support there, they had no valid response.

I have uploaded my new feed with the new code and am awaiting froogle acceptance.

Will let you know when I see a change.

Thanks as ever to FMonkey...

damn froogle...

every day above ground is a good day.

err... froogle has been really weird with my feeds lately. i sent one on 8/24 and it didn't get processed till yesterday 9/3. then for another feed... i haven't had a feed processed since 8/15

ANYWAYS... enough ranting about a pretty decent free service.

Froogle Data Feeder v1.51 beta is ready for testing. Please send me a pm if you are interested. It's the same URL to the beta as the previous betas. Please just let me know, how it works out for you. ;)

Froogle Data Feeder v1.51 beta is ready for testing. Please send me a pm if you are interested. It's the same URL to the beta as the previous betas. Please just let me know, how it works out for you. ;)

Could you summarize what' new in this version?

There was a lot of discussion on what's for which version :)

Is this version with all the advanced feed fields, but still with froogle only?

From a few pages back:

v1.5 is designed mainly to improve performance, usability, reliability, and help move towards modulization in v2.0. (the code will be a bit leaner with more efficent SQL queries; admin panel; and support those "uber-sized" stores 10k+ in products)

I've also added a link from froogle.php to the generated file.

Yes, this feeder is still for just Froogle. The admin panel supports both bizrate and yahoo (currently already released). And has some built in support for other feeders the future. The admin panel is fairly primitive and will be enhanced later, but is fully functional.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

It's been two days and Froogle hasn't done ANYthing with my file.

It's the same name and FTP'd correctly.

They always used to pick up the file within minutes.

Has anyone had a delay like this?

I want to report on the "space in filenames" issue and can't do a thing until Froogle accepts the file.

Eh?

Yep, I started experiencing same delays also :(

It started about a week ago and delays slowly progressed from few hrs to.. to some two days already.

Guy, check froogle merchant center. At least you can make sure, that your feed was uploaded and processed

Yep, I started experiencing same delays also :(

It started about a week ago and delays slowly progressed from few hrs to.. to some two days already.

Guy, check froogle merchant center. At least you can make sure, that your feed was uploaded and processed

I have been looking at the merchant center, that's how I know they haven't even picked up the file.

I sent them an email about it, but of course that takes 2 MORE days for them to respond to.

I just want to report if FMonkey's fix for "space in filename" code worked!

LOL.

We'll see what happens, my file is still sitting in my Froogle FTP folder for now...yawn....

I have been unable to upload my text file for 2 days. Is anyone else having this problem? Could it be that the froogle server is down?

Here's the error message I have been getting:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user [username]

Warning: ftp_put(): [filename].txt: Permission denied on server. (Overwrite) in auto_froogle.php on line 353

hedwig.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 1.439862 seconds.

It won't let you overwrite an existing file, so that's the problem.

The real problem is they haven't processed your EXISTING file that's out there.

Once they do that then it gets deleted and you can upload a new one.

But yeah, right now I have had a file sitting on Froogle for 2 days with no action on it.

Hang tight, I sent them an email.

It won't let you overwrite an existing file, so that's the problem.

The real problem is they haven't processed your EXISTING file that's out there.

Once they do that then it gets deleted and you can upload a new one.

But yeah, right now I have had a file sitting on Froogle for 2 days with no action on it.

Hang tight, I sent them an email.

Thanks mrguytx. I suspected that my problem had something to do with your previous post and the froogle server not processing the files.

I went ahead and sent them an email myself to put more emphasis on this issue. Power in numbers! ;)