• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Bad characters in file name

Your data feed's file name uses some characters we do not allow. Please rename your file using only letters, numbers, and underscores.

I just updated the latest froogle.php

i keep getting this same error above from froogle.

this is the name of my file.. books4u2.txt.

I don't understand.. from reading this forum.. nobody is having the same problems I am.

Thank you in advance

noppie

Found a typo I think.

"$strip_replace" at lines 251 and 252 in v143 (192 & 193 in v13737) should be "$_strip_replace". I don't see that this is doing much with my store but without the first underscore my httpd error log was getting two "undefined variable" error lines for each product in my catalog. My log files are big enough so anything I can do to minimize the file sizes and make them more readable is a plus.

Any word on when the 1.5 version will be available?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Froogle Data Feeder v1.4.4

Released By: Calvin K

------------------------

Date: August 16, 2004

Description: Creates and automatically sends a data feed to Froogle, to provide product information and pictures. This Froogle Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials(if available), currency conversion, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. In addition, the Froogle Data Feeder supports advance feeds. With the advance feed option enabled and the "instock" field enabled, it will create a feed with all of the products. Without the advance feed option enabled, it will only submit in stock items.

Please note v1.4 adds the required field "offer_id." It uses "product_id" as the "offer_id", so if your feeds are currently using another value please change it accordingly. (e.g. "product_model" ) on line 256. (Thanks Mibble)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2000

v1.4 series adds the advance feed options.

v1.4.4 fixes "httpd error log" errors, this should have no affect in terms of output for the froogle feeder systems. (Thanks CatDadRick)

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Shopping Comparison Search Engines!

Current Status: In Progress, of componentizing.

Amazon: Feed API Found

BizRate: Completed

Froogle: Completed

MySimon: Feed API Needed

PriceGrabber: Feed API Needed

Shopping.com: Feed API Needed

Yahoo.com: Completed

Any help in locating the Feed API's is much appreciated. Please let me know if there are others out there.

I'll try to check for some API's, does anyone else know any other feeder sites?

cool, thanks talon. very true about the mySimon, i tried looking for it too and ended up on that FAQ page. i'll try to make a feeder for it tonite or tomorrow. i may have a beta for 1.5 eariler than expected. this would make it a lot easier to create the other feeds and follow the new upcoming structure in 2.0

Edited by FlyingMonkey

i wrote a simple admin box for the feeds, then created the typical admin wrap for the froogle.php as feeder.php both are in the same folder (feeder.php "includes" froogle.php).

it runs and generates the feed fine, but gives the error (when it attempts to upload):

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user carblitesolutions

Warning: ftp_put(): carblitesolutions.txt: Permission denied on server. (Overwrite) in /homepages/11/d94365201/htdocs/cls/catalog/clsadmin/froogle.php on line 233
FTP upload has FAILED! source: ../froogle/carblitesolutions.txt dest: carblitesolutions.txt

Script timer: 1.040117 seconds.

independently froogle.php still runs fine and uploads on its own.

i tried using the ftp passive code from the eariler in this thread, but it didn't help.

any ideas?

I even set the paths to be absolute (generates the file, but won't upload) through "feeders.php":

/homepages/11/d94365201/htdocs/cls/catalog/froogle/carblitesolutions.txt

hmm... the problem seems to be something in "application_top.php"

seeing how this doesn't use the "tep" function, i wonder if that's the problem. (i really hope not)

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Any help in locating the Feed API's is much appreciated.  Please let me know if there are others out there.

Talon,

I have a shopping.com feed. it will need to be modified to fit the package you are tring to build ( i assume you are trying to make a all in one feed mod ). Let me know if you need the code...

Mac

Any help in locating the Feed API's is much appreciated.? Please let me know if there are others out there.

Talon,

I have a shopping.com feed. it will need to be modified to fit the package you are tring to build ( i assume you are trying to make a all in one feed mod ). Let me know if you need the code...

Mac

do you have the API for shopping.com? if so could you please pm me. thanks.

from google support:

"Thanks for your email. The offer_id field is required to uniquely identify your products. The offer_id can be the same as the product name or SKU, but each offer_id should be unique. If all your items have unique names, you can remove the offer_id column from your feed entirely."

Nice contribution - I am currntly using 1.3.7 - is there a way to modify this version so it only puts out "Active" items.

I understand the new version will handle inventory, but we do not use inventory option but have some item we hav disabled and do not want to put them out.

Any suggestions?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

All versions output only "active" items, including 1.3.7 build 13 and the lastest version 1.4.4 as stated in the description. The only exception is in 1.4.4 when both advance options and product_status is enabled.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Has anyone tried and used this successfully with 170,000 products? I can't get it to work. Should I stream the file for download or split it up into different files?

I even tried using my SSL and it still timed out. Any suggestions?

i run it on ~40 products, so even when v1.3 (beta) was running in n^3 time. It still finished in less than 10 seconds.

I haven't heard anyone else use it with over 8k. Do you have a dedicated server? That's a huge file, probably several hundred MB. I think you might need that in RAM too. The code could probably be modified to write straight to disk per line, but that would slow things down quite a bit. Execution time should still be fairly reasonable, without the FTP.

Edited by FlyingMonkey