• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

you need to read the intructions fully. whether it be this contribution or others. i will put this here once again

$OutFile = "../froogle/discreetentertainment.txt";

yours would be ../temp/feeds/books4u2.txt

$destination_file = "discreetentertainment.txt";

the destination file is just that, just the name of the file google has you sending. with the path you have for the destination file, /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt it means you are trying to send your file to google in their home/virtual/site98/fst .. .

you get the idea. again, it only wants the destination file name.

Talon, the definition for the froogle feed, per google instructions:

instock => Y or N. Is the product currently available? if your level is set to 0, I believe google would show it as unavailable.

shipping => Your lowest shipping & handling cost for this product, IF you offer flat shipping fees within the U.S.

if you charge by weight, then leave that field blank

Talon, the definition for the froogle feed, per google instructions:

instock => Y or N.? Is the product currently available?? if your level is set to 0, I believe google would show it as unavailable.

shipping => Your lowest shipping & handling cost for this product, IF you offer flat shipping fees within the U.S.

if you charge by weight, then leave that field blank

in terms of stock level control, i could probably put a check into 1.4 so that if the check stock level is disabled, then it'll report it as in stock anyways. or you could always just hardcode it to 'y'.

the shipping would be more difficult.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Mibble: Thanks,

FlyingMonkey: That would be a cool idea, since some people don't check stock levels and some do.

For shipping as mibble said i guess I would leave it blank and I noticed that BizRate lets you select FedEx standard rates.

Mibble: Thanks,

FlyingMonkey: That would be a cool idea, since some people don't check stock levels and some do.

For shipping as mibble said i guess I would leave it blank and I noticed that BizRate lets you select FedEx standard rates.

actually, it won't need to check the stock level status. cause i have 1.41 installed on another store and i just remembered everything is displayed as 'Y'

I'll probably release 1.41 within the next week... if the beta testers deem the feed to be accepted by froogle. anyone else want to beta test 1.41? it updates to the advance format. i want to make sure its accepted by froogle before its released publically. my accounts with froogle, won't let me login to check.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

actually... 1.40 and 1.41 contained a critical error. froogle finally got back to me and gave me a new google account. it reported that the feed was bad. so i've updated the version to 1.42 with the fix.

please let me know who wants to try it, no master products support (yet).

Edited by FlyingMonkey

John you probably have some mod's for your file, so you could alternatively find

//optional values section
if($optional_sec == 1)

then right above change it so it looks like this:

?$row->image_url . "\t" .
?$catIndex[$row->prodCatID];

//optional values section
if($optional_sec == 1)

or you can try downloading the entire 1.42 package with the new FTP function from dyland.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

I am fairly new to this php stuff and I am trying to get the froogle data feed to run . I keep getting this from my cron settings as an email

No input file specified.
where do I specify the input file?

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

you need to read thru the instructions, it shows where to setup the files.

also, do you have a froogle account setup with google? it wont do you any good sending to them if you dont.

and do not even attempt to try cron until you have the manual creation of the file working.

on a different note, your link 'our coffee barn' goes in the profile, not displayed in your signature

I noticed "offer_id" in the Froogle API as a required field... currently our feeds don't contain that information, but everything runs smoothly. Should this be added?

"[offer_id is] an unique alphanumeric identifier for each product - e.g., your internal ID code/SKU.

IMPORTANT: Once you submit a product with a unique offer_id, this number must not change when you send in a new feed. You must use exactly the same offer_id for each product you submit again in a subsequent feed. "

I've also noticed three additional fields, when I checked the newest API (language, ship_to, and ship_from). I'll try to release those in 1.43 beta, but what do you guys think of 'offer_id' as a required field?

hopefully, 1.43 will be the final beta of v1.4

Edited by FlyingMonkey

A simple admin box for feeder systems will be included in v1.5, not as previously stated to be released in v2.0. More than an expected number of users are running the feeder manually. v1.5 will be the final release before v2. v1.5 is currently under alpha production, a beta version is slated in the coming weeks.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

when i read it, i interperted the offer_id to be the product_id (generated by osC). it could be the product model too, but not everyone uses unique ones or even uses them. when a product is deleted in osC, can another product be issued that previously used product id?

https://www.google.com/froogle/merchants/ad...structions.html

Edited by FlyingMonkey

i'm just worried that some ppl might have duplicate product model numbers.

my products all have unique product models, but some stores may not have any product models number's or duplicate product model numbers. i'm just trying to see what the best way of implementing it is. other option.... is to create some sort of unique key based the title. any suggestions or ideas?

Edited by FlyingMonkey

whoa... as i was editing. two messages were added. =P

here's what i posted:

my products all have unique product models, but some stores may not have any product models number's or duplicate product model numbers. i'm just trying to see what the best way of implementing it is. other option.... is to create some sort of unique key based on the title. any suggestions or ideas?
Edited by FlyingMonkey