• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Just wondering for all the people using feeders, is the only free feeder site froogle? Also for the others such as amazon pro merchant, bizrate, mysimon, pricegrabber, nexttag, shopping.com, yahoo merchant cost per click? If so how many of you found that it has an effective ROI?

Thanks for the help.

Just reading over this readme, it says it only adds products in stock. What if you set stock check to false, will it still add products?

Also will this contrib have any problems with master products, as i set my master products to price 0.00 and all the slaves under it have prices.

Thanks.

Thanks Again Talon. :)

"Just reading over this readme, it says it only adds products in stock. What if you set stock check to false, will it still add products?"

version 1.4 beta has incorporated the stock level into the feed, it should be released in the coming weeks. it's a step towards componentization of the entire feeder system, and 1.5 will be the final release before the componentized v2.0.

i am still looking for beta testers, 1.4 is believed to be stable. i'd just like a couple more testers to use their feed on froogle.

"Also will this contrib have any problems with master products, as i set my master products to price 0.00 and all the slaves under it have prices."

possibly... do you know how master products stores the information? if they are stored just as regular products, the feeder will pull each one of the slaves and create a line. if it is stored as an attribute, then it will use the price of the master product (0.00 in your case). i just helped someone, to pull the information from the product attribute price rather than the product price. if it is stored in a different method, then it may not pull anything.

For the master products i'm using it sets all items as regular products, with this in mind. Master Products on my store is set to 0.00 it's the main link for a products pictures, description, and slave products. Slave products are just normal products again with prices for each particular product. Also the slave products are hidden, meaning that if someone does a search it'll go to the main master product for that product and when you click on it it'll show up in that listing.

Will this be possible to work with all the feeds.

Thanks again.

For the master products i'm using it sets all items as regular products, with this in mind. Master Products on my store is set to 0.00 it's the main link for a products pictures, description, and slave products. Slave products are just normal products again with prices for each particular product. Also the slave products are hidden, meaning that if someone does a search it'll go to the main master product for that product and when you click on it it'll show up in that listing.

Will this be possible to work with all the feeds.

From the description you just gave for Master Products, I'm not even sure it will work. No one else has ever brought up Master Products in this topic, so I just assumed it was working fine. Have you tried the Froogle Data Feeder out yet? If it works, then the feeders for the other systems should work too.

A side note, on the other feeder systems. I still need the API for Shopping.com, I haven't found a way to their API for free without the initial deposit. Most likely, I won't even be using these other feeder systems myself. I would sign up, for Shopping.com and get the API cause it seems like a popular one. But I haven't even recieved enough donations to cover the cost. So if anyone out there has the API, please pm me.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

you need to go into your php.ini and change the max memory and max script execution times, probably memory is set at 8mb and time is set at 30 seconds

are you trying to do this automatically? with a db that size, you may be better off manually creating the datafile, then sending it up.

Edited by Mibble

bleh, lemme try again. to help reduce the execution time, you could try creating the file with the feeder then uploading the file separately by FTP. So you'd just comment out the code. I am not sure if this will actually shorten the execution time though, does anyone know what it is defined as?

Edited by FlyingMonkey

does froogle takes xl file. how does it should look like . i mean what should be the format and how many fields it wants.

when you sign up, they send you an e-mail with all of that information.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=71088&st=290 from dump_question

I am having the same problem and didn't see an answer to the question.

Warning: ftp_put(): Could not determine cwdir: No such file or directory. in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 226

FTP upload has FAILED! source: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/outfile.txt dest: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/outfile.txt

I don't understand how to fix this.

please help

Noppie

both the directory and file chmod to 777

Yes to the above

temp, feeds, and outfile.txt? Also is outfile.txt suppose to be your "froogle accont name".txt

do I create the outfile.txt???

I changed the outfile.txt to rainbowstop_corp.txt

which is my froogle account name and got this

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user rainbowstop_corp

Warning: ftp_put(): Could not determine cwdir: No such file or directory. in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 226

FTP upload has FAILED! source: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/rainbowstop_corp.txt dest: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/rainbowstop_corp.txt

and got the above error.

I just checked the feeds directory and I got two data files in the directory

so does this mean it worked

I did this by typing the http://wwwmysite.com/catalog/admin/froogle.php in my browser..

does the froogle file in admin needs to be 777??

Thank you in advance

Noppie

I'm just installing this as well and will let you know how it goes. But mines a little different from everyone elses since i use master products along with a lot of other people.

So perhaps someone can help.

First off the excel created fine and all my active products show up, but my master product holds the description for my slave products, so right now my slave products aren't showing the master product as the description. Also for my master product I have the price as 0 and active, but don't want it to show up in froogle, because its a place holder on osc for the slave products.

That's pretty much all the problems I have so far, i could modify it all by hand, but then I already have 2k lines of excel and planning to add 3-5k more.

Anyone know the best fix for this?

Naomi, you need to have the file named the exact way that you were given in the email from google. else no matter how many times you load, etc it wont work.

post your listing from your file in here, the one which points to the location of your outfile

I'm just installing this as well and will let you know how it goes. But mines a little different from everyone elses since i use master products along with a lot of other people.

First off the excel created fine and all my active products show up, but my master product holds the description for my slave products, so right now my slave products aren't showing the master product as the description. Also for my master product I have the price as 0 and active, but don't want it to show up in froogle, because its a place holder on osc for the slave products.

That's pretty much all the problems I have so far, i could modify it all by hand, but then I already have 2k lines of excel and planning to add 3-5k more.

i'm not familar with master products, but i assume there is some sort of database table that keeps track of the master products and it's associated slaves. you'd have to write an sql query to retrieve this information, then write code to tell it to use the associated master product's description if the product is a slave of a master. also to avoid the master products from displaying you'd have to write a check for them.

1. Create one feed entry per store. You'll see all of your stores listed

in the Merchant Center. Click on the store for which you'd like to create

a new feed, then click on the 'Register a New Feed' link. Enter the

filename that you'd like to use for your files, then click 'Save.'

this is from my email from froogle.

and so I went there and created a the txt file the way they said

books4u2.txt that is the file name that is registered

mibble

post your listing from your file in here, the one which points to the location of your outfile

$OutFile = "/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

$destination_file = "/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt" ;

I did have

$OutFile="http"//books4u2.com/catalog/temp/feeds",
$destination_file=""http"//books4u2.com/catalog/temp/feeds".

I get the error below

Warning: fopen(http://books4u2.com/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 204

Now i get this?

FTP upload has FAILED! source: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt dest: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt

I not sure I understand what you are asking>>

Naomi

i'm not familar with master products, but i assume there is some sort of database table that keeps track of the master products and it's associated slaves. you'd have to write an sql query to retrieve this information, then write code to tell it to use the associated master product's description if the product is a slave of a master. also to avoid the master products from displaying you'd have to write a check for them.

Yeah that's pretty much it, it associates by using a 1 or 0, for master or slave, and the slave points to its associated master. I just gotta figure out how to write the sql statement now, hopefully it'll be useful for others using mp as well. MP is a great tool for big volume sellers.

talon: yeah, it'll probably help out a lot of ppl. if you have any questions just lemme know. once it's all done, if you create a change file. i'll include it into the current froogle package and give you credit.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

this is what i use for my files:

$OutFile = "../froogle/discreetentertainment.txt";

$destination_file = "discreetentertainment.txt";

and my uploads go fine.

the destination file is the file you need to upload to google.

Edited by Mibble

same here, i find it easier to use it's relative location rather than using the file system or the web server directories.

$OutFile = "../froogle/carblitesolutions.txt"; //"/homepages/11/d94365201/htdocs/cls/froogle/carblitesolutions.txt";
$destination_file = "carblitesolutions.txt";

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Although it's probabbly pretty simple to code in master products, it'll probably take me a while to figure it out, if you could give a shot at it, it would be great.

Also I was wondering for Froogle's encoding, do we use UTF-8 Latin-1 , i don't remember seeing it on the thread or readme.

Thanks.

Edited by talon177

1. Create one feed entry per store. You'll see all of your stores listed

in the Merchant Center. Click on the store for which you'd like to create

a new feed, then click on the 'Register a New Feed' link. Enter the

filename that you'd like to use for your files, then click 'Save.'

this is from my email from froogle.

and so I went there and created a the txt file the way they said

books4u2.txt that is the file name that is registered

mibble

$OutFile = "/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

$destination_file = "/home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt" ;

I did have

$OutFile="http"//books4u2.com/catalog/temp/feeds",
$destination_file=""http"//books4u2.com/catalog/temp/feeds".

I get the error below

Warning: fopen(http://books4u2.com/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 204

Now i get this?

FTP upload has FAILED! source: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt dest: /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/temp/feeds/books4u2.txt

I not sure I understand what you are asking>>

Naomi

I was just testing out BizRate, as i'm waiting for Froogle to approve my feed, but I was wondering about # on Hand, if you set your stock level to off, mine shows 0 for all items.

Also what are you guys doing about ship cost, since I guess most people would base it on weight.

Thanks.

I got working..:rolleyes: I didn't have the main catalog on 777

I had all directory except the main store one.

Thank you for all your help

Naomi :D