• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

mod generating incorrect image path. I have ms2 with mopics installed.

This is what the generated path looks like

http://www.website.com/images/thumbs/thumbs/product.gif

thumbs is the subdirectory for small pics.();

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually the correct path is http://www.website.com/images/.

it somehow automatically generates the actual path http://www.website.com/images/thumbs/.

So when I put http://www.website.com/images/thumbs as the image path...it generated http://www.website.com/images/thumbs/thumb...---------------

Ok...after fixing the images, I tried to upload to froogle but am getting following error when I tried to run it manually:

]Warning: ftp_put(): Can't build data connection: Connection timed out. in /public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 226

FTP upload has FAILED! source: /public_html/temp/feeds/store.txt dest: store.txt

When I used ftp software, the file uploaded to froogle is blank.

Someone please help me out.

Great job again guys, I have just reread the entire 30 pages and will be installing Froogle Finally after having about 3k products on my site added and another 3k coming soon. I don't know how you big stores do all that work.

Thanks again for all the great support this thread has had especially Calvin. I'll be sure to send a donation your way once I make a little $$$. I'm sure for all of you who have used froogle feeder that you must have made some money. If so please don't be shy to donate to the creators and supports of Contributions you use and find useful. Afterall this is a free community but it's better to give especially when you have received such a great contribution that has helped you save time and make money. I'll be slowly going around as well as the other person who donated in this contrib.

Thanks again and I can't wait to get my feed on froogle and the others.

Also I believe Nexttag.com has a feed as well.

Just reading over this readme, it says it only adds products in stock. What if you set stock check to false, will it still add products?

Also will this contrib have any problems with master products, as i set my master products to price 0.00 and all the slaves under it have prices.

Thanks.

Great job again guys, I have just reread the entire 30 pages and will be installing Froogle Finally after having about 3k products on my site added and another 3k coming soon. I don't know how you big stores do all that work.

Thanks again for all the great support this thread has had especially Calvin. I'll be sure to send a donation your way once I make a little $$$. I'm sure for all of you who have used froogle feeder that you must have made some money. If so please don't be shy to donate to the creators and supports of Contributions you use and find useful. Afterall this is a free community but it's better to give especially when you have received such a great contribution that has helped you save time and make money. I'll be slowly going around as well as the other person who donated in this contrib.

Thanks again and I can't wait to get my feed on froogle and the others.

Also I believe Nexttag.com has a feed as well.

Thanks Talon! ;)

Truthfully, if everyone donated just the profit they make on 1-2 average orders. It would really help speed development up. Development since 1.1 has soley been for the community. My lowly small store is essentially a flop and doesn't require any of the features beyond 1.1. Froogle has the potential to bring in a lot of profits for your store.

I work on this soley in my limited free time, but if I recieved donations. I could afford working less in the office and have time to concentrate on the Feeder system and my other contributions. Once the system is componentized and 2.0 is released, the possiblities of portablity to other shopping comparison search engines will be limitless.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Just reading over this readme, it says it only adds products in stock. What if you set stock check to false, will it still add products?

Also will this contrib have any problems with master products, as i set my master products to price 0.00 and all the slaves under it have prices.

Thanks.

Thanks Again Talon. :)

"Just reading over this readme, it says it only adds products in stock. What if you set stock check to false, will it still add products?"

version 1.4 beta has incorporated the stock level into the feed, it should be released in the coming weeks. it's a step towards componentization of the entire feeder system, and 1.5 will be the final release before the componentized v2.0.

i am still looking for beta testers, 1.4 is believed to be stable. i'd just like a couple more testers to use their feed on froogle.

"Also will this contrib have any problems with master products, as i set my master products to price 0.00 and all the slaves under it have prices."

possibly... do you know how master products stores the information? if they are stored just as regular products, the feeder will pull each one of the slaves and create a line. if it is stored as an attribute, then it will use the price of the master product (0.00 in your case). i just helped someone, to pull the information from the product attribute price rather than the product price. if it is stored in a different method, then it may not pull anything.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Hi guys, thanks for the great contib

I used the old froogle feed (3-4 months old) and it worked well. As soon as I upgraded to 1.37 the FTP process started failing - here's the message:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user exit15

FTP upload has FAILED! source: ../feeds/froogle.txt dest: exit15.txt

When I login to the hedwig.google.com I see a file with 0 length (or blank feed). I am able to upload the file manually with a Desktop client. The file is fine and it is processes successfully after the manual upload.

Yahoo feeder works great and it is essentially the same --- Any Ideas??

By the way, I made some changed to the SQL in case someone is interested:

1. Concatenated the manufacturer and the product name in one field. I noticed the the manufacturer name is selected, but not used in the output. It will help the search results it someone, for example types: IBM T41.

concat(manufacturers.manufacturers_name, ' ',products_description.products_name) AS name,

2. Limited the product list to active products and active categories (for those with the categories on/off contrib.)

AND categories.categories_status=1
AND products.products_status=1

Ari

The Yahoo Feeder, is not based on the new "full category tree" core. Version 1.3+ may have introduced a bug. The code seems to work fine on most systems, including my own and was beta tested on numerous systems. The directory for the Froogle Data Feeder was chanaged from /froogle to /feeds to make way for a componentized system. Did you chmod the /feeds directory to 777?

Those are two nice changes for some users, but could be detrimential to a majority of users (so, it won't be included in the update). For instance my store, has the manufactor name and product name already included as the name. The category status is not in everyone's mySQL database, but is helpful for others.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Another difference is that the Yahoo Data Feeder, is based on a new FTP function. Thanks to Dyland. =) I didn't notice anything incredibly different between the functionality of the two though. The Froogle Data Feeder, is based on the same FTP since its original release. I just used 1.37 build 13 and it uploaded the file automatically fine. I'll incorporate the new FTP function into the 1.4 beta... would you like to try it?

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Calvin,

Good news - V1.4 did the trick - FTP was successful, so it must be the new FTP function. I left out the "//create optional section" and the "//optional values section" portions of the code since I was happy with the output in the first place. The timer feature is cool. Now we wait for tomorrow morning to see if it is all good.

Cheers,

Ari