• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Sorry, here is my line 226 from froogle.php

$upload = ftp_put($conn_id, $destination_file, $source_file, FTP_BINARY);

It seems like your host doesn't give you permission to use the FTP upload commands. A while back someone posted the same problem, and there's a snippet of code that sets the FTP command to passive. It's somewhere in this thread. You could try that or call your host and see what they can do for you. If you find the FTP passive code, please repost it here.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

To put FTP into passive mode:

ftp_pasv ( $conn_id, true ) ;

I've seen that error when you try to upload the file twice quickly and is caused by the old file still being there - Froogle haven't picked it up and processed it.

Dylan

Thanks calvin & dyland, I just had to search through 15 pages of this thread to find that! haha... Worked for me....Tribute to Amitai

I know the question came up to possibly build that code into the next release but it looks like the question as to wether or not it would harm anyone else to do it was never answered.

Thanks again,

Rob

just installed this today and get this error:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user graveyardrecords

Warning: ftp_put(): Can't build data connection: Connection timed out. in /home/graveyar/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 226

FTP upload has FAILED! source: ../feeds/graveyardrecords.txt dest: graveyardrecords.txt

not sure which line is 226, so here's 208-238 uncommented as per directions:

//Start FTP to Froogle

// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftp_server);

// login with username and password
$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass);

// check connection
if ((!$conn_id) || (!$login_result)) {
echo "FTP connection has failed!<BR>";
echo "Attempted to connect to $ftp_server for user $ftp_user_name<BR>";
exit;
} else {
echo "Connected to $ftp_server, for user $ftp_user_name<BR>";
}

// upload the file
$upload = ftp_put($conn_id, $destination_file, $source_file, FTP_BINARY);

// check upload status
if (!$upload) {
echo "FTP upload has <b>FAILED!</b> source: $source_file  dest: $destination_file<BR>";
} else {
echo "Uploaded $source_file to $ftp_server as $destination_file<BR>";
}

// close the FTP stream
ftp_close($conn_id);

//End FTP to Froogle
?>

But when I check the ftp using WS_FTP_LE it shows my .txt file is there

any ideas?

jeff

Jeff,

You need to put the code about 3 posts above this one into your thread to use passive ftp for your submission. The text file that was uploaded to froogle's server is probably blank. Your code should look as follows:

// turn passive mode on

ftp_pasv($conn_id, true);

// check connection

exit;

} else {

}

for approximately line 213 - 226

Edited by YSC

If that does not work... the Yahoo code for FTPing the file works like a champ!

It essentially the same code, it just puts all of the code into a function and provides FTP directory switching. Thanks Dyland. I should have it tested very soon. Any rejected feeds from Yahoo, so far?

One of the reasons why i left the passive FTP code out was, I wasn't sure it would cause errors for anyone else. "Don't fix it unless it's broken" I guess, it is broken for some people, but it rarely comes up.

Jeff,

You need to put the code about 3 posts above this one into your thread to use passive ftp for your submission. The text file that was uploaded to froogle's server is probably blank. Your code should look as follows:

// turn passive mode on

ftp_pasv($conn_id, true);

// check connection

exit;

} else {

}

for approximately line 213 - 226

I did as you said and now got this message:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user graveyardrecords

Uploaded ../feeds/graveyardrecords.txt to hedwig.google.com as graveyardrecords.txt

does that mean everything worked this time??

That's the message you want!

Shold be working fine now... you can login to Froogle's FTP site to confirm that the file is there and all your products are in it.

Also, make sure to open the file, check your product and image links to make sure they work or your file will be rejected by Froogle.

With this code, Froogle should accept the feed, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

That's the message you want!

Shold be working fine now... you can login to Froogle's FTP site to confirm that the file is there and all your products are in it.

Also, make sure to open the file, check your product and image links to make sure they work or your file will be rejected by Froogle.

With this code, Froogle should accept the feed, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

They also sent everyone an e-mail about their control panel for Froogle, and you can check the status of your feeds there.

Thanks for the great contribution! Looks like this is going to make my life much simpler.

I managed to get it to work well except for the following:

I did not get any response whatsoever as to the status of the upload, just a blank page in Netscape. The file was created, just no response. I ftp'd over to hedwig.google to see if my file was there and it wasn't. Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure I have everything setup properly.

Lastly, I noticed that all of the html tags appear to have been stripped - is this going to be a problem with how things are displayed on froogle?

Thanks again to the ingenius creator and everyone else who made this possible!!

Art

Oops - never mind about the ftp stuff

I was using a different test file which had the ftp stuff commented out.. Works like magic!!!!!

Still wondering about the html characters though. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Art

Edited by AJRYAN

I can connect and upload to hedwig (Google FTP) through my FTP client without a problem.

BUT now for some reason, I cannot use the contribution to connect and update my feed.

I am receiving the following error :

Warning: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/dabnutr/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 211

Warning: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/dabnutr/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 214

FTP connection has failed!

Attempted to connect to hedwig.google.com for user dabnutrition

Any help that anybody can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Was there a recent PHP update to 5 or something? Could this have made a difference?

Thanx for your help.

RELEASED: BizRate.com Auto Data Feed - Version 1.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2286

Creates and automatically sends a data feed to BizRate, to provide product information and pictures. This BizRate Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials (if available), currency conversion, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. It only adds products and specials that are in stock.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems or feedback. Another good resource for help with this can be found on this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=103974

Edited by mattmcb

Just wondering this is out of topic but has anyone also done a bizrate, nextag, pricegrabber feed as well?

Sure good way to market all our products

yes, i am actually working on a modulized version of the feeders and should be released in a bit.

Yahoo Data Feeder v1.0

Released By: Calvin K

------------------------

Date: July 24, 2004

Description: Creates and automatically sends a data feed to Yahoo, to provide product information and pictures. This Yahoo Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials(if available), currency conversion, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. It only adds products and specials that are in stock.

Forum Thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=104013

Man you guys are the best, can't wait to get these all in. Is there any other feed sites that anyone knows about, hopefully we can get an entire feed integrate section in our admin control for all the feeds on the net =D

Great work guys!

Shopping.com and MySimon, but does anyone have the API for the feeds? If someone does, i'll be more than happy to create one. I'll try and modulize all of the feeder components to make everything more reliable and easier to update in the future realeases.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Man you guys are the best, can't wait to get these all in. Is there any other feed sites that anyone knows about, hopefully we can get an entire feed integrate section in our admin control for all the feeds on the net =D

Great work guys!

Yup, with the 2.0 release of the froogle data feeder it will integrate it into the admin panel. it seems as if it'll be held off for a bit, while i modulize these feeders, optimize them, then release the admin console. =P