The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

The cron job is setup as follows:

Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command

e.g.

0 4 * * 3 /usr/bin/php -q /home/<unix route to your file>/admin/froogle.php

where,

The cron command is: /usr/bin/php -q /home/<unix route to your file>/admin/froogle.php

and the cron is scheduled to run at 04:00 (4:00 am) every third weekday (weekly).

Has anyone got this to work with the SaleMaker contrib?

It would be great to be able to use it with SaleMaker, since I am running full category to full store sales everyday. Several days a month I offer 50% discounts on mostly everything in the store. Setting individual sale prices is out of the question with the vast amount of products I offer.

Basically, it's only getting the retail price instead of the sales prices. The SaleMaker contribute uses a different table other than the one predefined in froggle.php. I am going to play around with it and see what needs to be changed in order for it to work.

Basically, it's only getting the retail price instead of the sales prices. The SaleMaker contribute uses a different table other than the one predefined in froggle.php. I am going to play around with it and see what needs to be changed in order for it to work.

I'm looking for a fix for this as well...anyone know how we can fix this so the feed send to froogle has the salemaker mark down prices and not the retail prices??

Thank you

Ok, I have a little problem. I went a head and manually set up all my specials through OSC Specials page. I turned off SaleMaker, and yet when I run Froggle.php, it still doesn't replace my retail prices with my special prices. Any ideas?

Edited by jmoore04

That solved my Specials problem with the manual special entries that I made with OSC's built in Special's feature. Now if we could figure out how to get it to do the SaleMaker specials. Unless there is another easy way to change the specials price for over 500 products that works directly with OSC.

update: if I alter all instances of

$already_sent[$row->name] = 1;

to

$already_sent[$row->name] == 1;

It appears to fix the problem and all rows are listed including the second row.

edtiger: I had it take out the second row, because when i wrote it. It was duplicating my second row which was really weird. This was a problem probably with only my database. I'll check it on the stores I've installed for clients.

jmoore04: In terms of the Sale Maker, I don't have that one installed. But if someone tells me where it pulls the special price from, I'll try to make a hack.

There are two minor bugs, I noticed. Nothing that will really affect anyone, so I won't post a fix until I release an updated version.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem sending the data feed to Froogle.

the file is created and I am getting connected to the froogle ftp site.

in addition, the file is generated at the froogle end however it returns me this message:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user theartoutlet

Warning: ftp_put(): Can't build data connection: Connection timed out. in /home/theartou/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 154

FTP upload has failed! source: /home/theartou/public_html/froogle/theartoutlet.txt dest: theartoutlet.txt

the file is created but it is an empty file.

can anyone help?

thank you,

Amitai Sasson

Hello,

I was able to find the solution to my problem and thought I'd share it with all of you.

My web server that that I was using for running ftp_put on doesn't

allow incoming connections...

You can try getting around this by setting PHP to use Passive mode, which

makes the FTP client connection out to port 20 on the FTP server. A quick

look at the manual says that you should use ftp_pasv to make that happen.

so all you need to do in the code:

// login with username and password

$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass);

// turn passive mode on

ftp_pasv($conn_id, true);

// upload the file

$upload = ftp_put($conn_id, $destination_file, $source_file, FTP_BINARY);

That has worked well for me.

Hope this helps someone

-Amitai

If there isn't a product image, is there a way to return an empty value for the image_url?

I've fooled around in several different areas of the file but I still can't figure out how to return a blank field if there isn't a product image. Any pointers?

it does return a blank field... i believe if null is inserted, froogle will not be able to read the data feed. correct me, if i am wrong.

I tried using the froggle.php, but got a parsing error connecting to the database. I replaced the lines of code with that shown in the cpanel section (how to open a database). I get an error, but now it's a different error. Here is the connection statement as I copied it from within cpanel:

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$dbh=mysql_connect "localhost", "acctnm_froogle", "usrpswrd") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . ysql_error());

mysql_select_db ("acctnm_dbnm");

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the error message when run:

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'acctnm_froogle@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/acctnm/public_html/shop/admin/froggle.php on line 18

I cannot connect to the database because: Access denied for user: 'acctnm_froogle@localhost' (Using password: YES)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

it does return a blank field... i believe if null is inserted, froogle will not be able to read the data feed. correct me, if i am wrong.

If the image value is "NULL" the file returns a blank field. However, if the value for the image is *blank* but not null, the file returns the root path_to_images url.

My problem was that I was using easy populate and easy populate does not mark products without images as "Null" it just imports a *blank* image value. As a workaround I added a short script in easy populate that converts blank image values to "Null" image values.

This is not a problem with froogle data feed.

As a side note, in order for the file to use the ftp_connect function, you must have enable-ftp in your php configuration. If it isn't, the froogle.php will generate the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /path/to/your/frooglefile/admin/froogle.php on line 158

Find out if you do by accessing admin > tools > server info in the admin backend. If not run

./configure --enable-ftp
to enable php to use ftp.

If the image value is "NULL" the file returns a blank field. However, if the value for the image is *blank* but not null, the file returns the root path_to_images url.

My problem was that I was using easy populate and easy populate does not mark products without images as "Null" it just imports a *blank* image value. As a workaround I added a short script in easy populate that converts blank image values to "Null" image values.

This is not a problem with froogle data feed.

I'm not sure what your asking for.... This what I think your saying:

When an image value is "NULL", it returns a blank field.

When an image value is 'blank', it returns the root path. (How do I replicate this case?)

But... then you state your problem, then say that it's not a problem with the froogle data feeder.

Maybe, I am just tired... I took a algorithm design midterm, and finished a software engineering project today. So, I'll read this again when I am in lab class tomorrow morning.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

This is great! Took me 5 minutes to install and another minute for it to export 2,572 products! The only problem I can see for myself is that, while the html is stripped out of the descriptions (and I was worried about whether or not it would do that), the descriptions become 'run on'. (Example: 'DetailsFalling LeavesStrudwick192x321 stitches59 colorsIf you would') I can definitely work around this though :o)

Sorry-too many late nights coding. Let me see if I can be more clear. The problem was with easy populate not putting in null for blank image values. So I rigged easy populate to put in null instead of ''. I just posted in here because others might have a similar problem if they are using easy populate and froogle datafeed.

Thanks for the great piece of code!

ahh... sorry it took so long to get back to you. i did look at it in class, but i didn't have time to reply and i missed the notification. anyways, i just finished midterm and now i have some time again. i see what you were saying now, just that easy populate wasn't putting null so it was causing a problem in the feed.

This is great! Took me 5 minutes to install and another minute for it to export 2,572 products! The only problem I can see for myself is that, while the html is stripped out of the descriptions (and I was worried about whether or not it would do that), the descriptions become 'run on'. (Example: 'DetailsFalling LeavesStrudwick192x321 stitches59 colorsIf you would') I can definitely work around this though :o)

glad you enjoy the contribution. :)

Is there any way to confirm that the ftp upload was successful. The default now is no return (correct?). If there is a problem I believe there are error messages returned. However, it just sort of leaves one hanging when there is no SUCCESS! returned.