• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

The code in this contribution just uses the code that is already setup in the shop so this shouldn't be a problem. I've installed it into many shops and never ran across such a problem. It might be easier to focus on the actual failure that google is giving and try to fix that.

Thanks Jack,

The failure from google is that the encoding is incorrect causing malformed characters :P

I will look deeper into the osCommerce code to find what's causing the code to be windows-1257 instead of utf-8.

Thanks Jack,

The failure from google is that the encoding is incorrect causing malformed characters tongue.png

I will look deeper into the osCommerce code to find what's causing the code to be windows-1257 instead of utf-8.

Look in the english.php file, or whatever language you are using. There is a setting near the top for that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Could something be done like

if($catParentID = '28')
{
$google_product_cat = "Sporting Goods > Indoor Games > Bowling > Bowling Balls";
}else{
$google_product_cat = "Sporting Goods > Indoor Games > Bowling";
}

So that there could be multiple levels of google's taxonomy based upon the parent id?

Thanks,

Mike

Could something be done like

if($catParentID = '28')
{
$google_product_cat = "Sporting Goods > Indoor Games > Bowling > Bowling Balls";
}else{
$google_product_cat = "Sporting Goods > Indoor Games > Bowling";
}

So that there could be multiple levels of google's taxonomy based upon the parent id?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, that could be done, though it would be a pain if you have many categories.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that could be done, though it would be a pain if you have many categories.

Just plugged in that code (that I quickly wrote above; I'm sure it is wrong) and it didn't work... I guess I'll have to see what the right if($catParentID = '28') statement is...

Just plugged in that code (that I quickly wrote above; I'm sure it is wrong) and it didn't work... I guess I'll have to see what the right if($catParentID ='28') statement is...

I don't offer specialized coding due to the trime it takes but I will mention that

if($catParentID = '28') 

should be

if($catParentID == '28') 

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't offer specialized coding due to the trime it takes but I will mention that

if($catParentID = '28')

should be

if($catParentID == '28')

Thank you. I did have == when I placed it into the file to test but it didn't work. I don't know why but $catParentID is always empty. No worries as it isn't a killer at this time but it would be nice to be able to get pretty granular in the google taxonomy. Might lead to better ranking...

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I load the new version (2.9) to my osc 2.3.1 and got a strange effect in my admin page. A lolt of the buttons are not showing up only the link text, they work but no fancy buttons

BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION

BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS

BOX_CONFIGURATION_STORE_LOGO

My Store

Minimum Values

Maximum Values

Images

Customer Details

Shipping/Packaging

Product Listing

Stock

Logging

Cache

E-Mail Options

Download

GZip Compression

Sessions

Add More Fields

BOX_HEADING_CATALOG

BOX_HEADING_MODULES

BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS

BOX_HEADING_LOCATION_AND_TAXES

BOX_HEADING_LOCALIZATION

BOX_HEADING_REPORTS

BOX_HEADING_TOOLS

Edited by booksfromhome

I load the new version (2.9) to my osc 2.3.1 and got a strange effect in my admin page. A lolt of the buttons are not showing up only the link text, they work but no fancy buttons

BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION

BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS

BOX_CONFIGURATION_STORE_LOGO

You're missing definitions in the english.php file so you must have overwrote/deleted those when making the changes for that file.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I added the product_condition to the database BUT I have no idea how to add it to my product input page. I may have to use your ADD MORE FIELDS .

Any ideas on how to do it manually??

It's not a simple change so it isn't something I would go through in a support thread like this. You could try posting in the general forum and someone might walk you through it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for the basic question, but I can't get tax working at all, using ver 2.9. The feed is showing excluding Tax, but I am in Australia and have to show 10% tax.

I searched this thread and found some similar questions from users with 2.8, but the solution was fixed in 2.9..? What do I have to set to show 10% tax? Thanks smile.png

I have messed around with the following, but must not have got the right combo.

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE' , '10.0');

define('OPTIONS_TAX_CALC', (OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX

define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING'

Edited by Rev0lt

Sorry for the basic question, but I can't get tax working at all, using ver 2.9. The feed is showing excluding Tax, but I am in Australia and have to show 10% tax.

I searched this thread and found some similar questions from users with 2.8, but the solution was fixed in 2.9..? What do I have to set to show 10% tax? Thanks smile.png

I have messed around with the following, but must not have got the right combo.

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE' , '10.0');

define('OPTIONS_TAX_CALC', (OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX

define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING'

If it is a flat 10% for everything you would be better off logging into your googlebase account and setting up the tax there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

It won't let me set it there - it will only allow for US states, even when I have set my Country to Australia.. unless there's another way.

>>>>

Tax & Shipping

Overview

The tax setting should only be used for merchants submitting feeds to the US. Please do not use this setting if you are not submitting feeds to the US. For all other countries, it is required to submit prices which are tax inclusive.

Edited by Rev0lt

It won't let me set it there - it will only allow for US states, even when I have set my Country to Australia.. unless there's another way.

In that case, the OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX option should be set to 2.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello. I came upon the strangest thing, that I can't seem to figure out. I'm using the latest "GoogleBase" v2.9 release with all latest, required by Google, attributes. When I create a data feed (in .txt) and view it through ftp, it shows perfectly, with all the required attributes. However, if I view this .txt file in browser (and this is also what is being uploaded to Google Base), it shows absolutely different information, the attributes are different, like the file is being pulled from somewhere else. I checked everywhere and couldn't find any other occurrences of this file, only in my /googlefeeds/ directory. I'm really confused and don't know where to look for a solution. Can somebody help, please?

Hello. I came upon the strangest thing, that I can't seem to figure out. I'm using the latest "GoogleBase" v2.9 release with all latest, required by Google, attributes. When I create a data feed (in .txt) and view it through ftp, it shows perfectly, with all the required attributes. However, if I view this .txt file in browser (and this is also what is being uploaded to Google Base), it shows absolutely different information, the attributes are different, like the file is being pulled from somewhere else. I checked everywhere and couldn't find any other occurrences of this file, only in my /googlefeeds/ directory. I'm really confused and don't know where to look for a solution. Can somebody help, please?

Try going into your feeds directory and deleting the feed. Then run the script manually and check that directory again. If the file is not there, then something is wrong with your paths. If it is there, download it to your computer, open it and verify the data is correct. If it is, then go into your googlebase account and use the option to upload it manually. If the data is correct, then something is wrong with your path in the cron job, most likely.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I did just like you said, ran the script manually from my admin panel and then downloaded file from ftp /googlefeeds/ directory to my computer, and all the data is correct. Also, when I manually run a script and the file is uploaded to Google Base, it shows no errors, except for the 'product type' value. Google requires more precise classification signals for ‘product type’ attribute, such as > or /.

However, if I click on the link created by running a script in admin panel, the file shows a wrong data, though it's a file from exactly same location as the one I downloaded through ftp. What can be wrong with the script?

Edited by Irin

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I did just like you said, ran the script manually from my admin panel and then downloaded file from ftp /googlefeeds/ directory to my computer, and all the data is correct. Also, when I manually run a script and the file is uploaded to Google Base, it shows no errors, except for the 'product type' value. Google requires more precise classification signals for ‘product type’ attribute, such as > or /.

However, if I click on the link created by running a script in admin panel, the file shows a wrong data, though it's a file from exactly same location as the one I downloaded through ftp. What can be wrong with the script?

The directions say to create a directory named feeds. Since you are using a different directory, you have to change the code in the file to use it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I changed the code to the following:

$OutFile = 'googlefeeds/' . FEEDNAME;

I don't offer support for altered code (others may though), even if it is a valid change. Plus, I've already provided the troubleshooting techniques for finding the problem. Anything else would require seeing the feed, the results on google, etc., which isn't possible in a support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Back to an old subject....

I have had a warning from Google Review team that some prices on my feed do not match the prices on my store - this relates to the Vat / Non-Vat items that I sell.

I have Vat (Tax) turned on to add 20% to all products - which makes the Non-Taxable items a higher price on the feed than they should be - hence the warning email from Google.

Have you had any more thoughts on how submitting accurate prices could be achieved for a store that sells taxable and non taxable items? (without having to manually alter the feed prior to submission)

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Have you had any more thoughts on how submitting accurate prices could be achieved for a store that sells taxable and non taxable items? (without having to manually alter the feed prior to submission)

No, I haven't had time to look at it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons