• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi,

I have 1845 products. When I run this feeder why do I only get 1645 products to show up in the Google txt file, however when I do the Bing txt file it shows all the products?

Thanks,

Pete

Try turning off the ignore products if quantity is 0 option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

For some reason my data feeds have stopped adding tax at the 2.8 update - so I assume I have set something wrong?

The site displays tax fine but my products on google are minus tax.

Below is how I have set the tax line in googlefeeder.php for 20% Vat

define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING', '::20.00:y');

I have also set the tax option on as follows:

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

What have I done wrong ?

Thanks

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi Jack,

For some reason my data feeds have stopped adding tax at the 2.8 update - so I assume I have set something wrong?

The site displays tax fine but my products on google are minus tax.

Below is how I have set the tax line in googlefeeder.php for 20% Vat

define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING', '::20.00:y');

I have also set the tax option on as follows:

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

What have I done wrong ?

Thanks

It's probably not something you did. Google is requiring a number of things for UK shops that they didn't before. You probably need to apply the VAT when the price is loaded from the database. That is how I do it in the latest version. There is a post in this thread (not too long ago, as I recall) that gives an example of how to do that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have a problem.

I need to upload feeds from each language.

This is a problem for google base as the item id's stay the same and the products get overwritten.

Google suggests i place something after the item id like: 928-nl is that possible with this script?

Help is highly appreciated.

Regards, Desiree

Hi

I have a problem.

I need to upload feeds from each language.

This is a problem for google base as the item id's stay the same and the products get overwritten.

Google suggests i place something after the item id like: 928-nl is that possible with this script?

It is possible but the code needs to be edited. Basically you would need to change the line that creates the url to include the language id, change the language setting in the file and change the feed name. Save the file under some other name and run that file to create a second datafeed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hey jack,

for some reason google is rejectingmy googlefeed for all my products with price over 1000.00 us dollars.

i believe it is becasue of the comma. ie 1,400.00. should be 1400.00

i think it is from this code in google feeder where the comma is added, but i do not know how to get rid of the comma.

if ( $row->prodStatus == 1 ) {
  if (CONVERT_CURRENCY) {
	  $row->price = preg_replace("/[^.0-9]/", "", $row->price);
	  $row->price = $row->price *  $row3->curUSD;
	  $row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', ',');
   }

could you please help?

craig

hey jack,

for some reason google is rejectingmy googlefeed for all my products with price over 1000.00 us dollars.

i believe it is becasue of the comma. ie 1,400.00. should be 1400.00

Try changing this line

$row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', ',');

to

$row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', '');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It is possible but the code needs to be edited. Basically you would need to change the line that creates the url to include the language id, change the language setting in the file and change the feed name. Save the file under some other name and run that file to create a second datafeed.

hi jack,

thanks for your reply, do you know how i need to change the code?

jack,

i changed that code without the comma, saved it, ran another google feed and the commas are still present in the price.

any ideas??

craig

I changed a products quantity in a test shop here and the feed has it listed without a comma. All I can suggest is to be sure you are using my latest version and that you don't have comma's in the quantity in the product listing itself.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack,

thanks for your reply, do you know how i need to change the code?

You don't need to change the code, just the settings, as explained.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You don't need to change the code, just the settings, as explained.

i get the change of feedname and language but unfortunately i don't understand where to edit the code for the adding of the language id to the product id. i'm not a php programmer, could you please help me out with this?

I just had to rebuild my oscom site, updated to 2.3.1

I loaded GoogleFeeder_V_2.8 EU_1_2 it is working. I still getting several errors from google that I am working on.

My question is:

the new google fields, brand, gtin/isbn and mpn can be turned on in googlefeeder.php but is there a contrib that add the correct names to the oscomm files to use them?

Also what are the correct names of the fields to be inserted into the sql database?

I know just enough php and sql to get laong

i get the change of feedname and language but unfortunately i don't understand where to edit the code for the adding of the language id to the product id. i'm not a php programmer, could you please help me out with this?

I haven't tested it but this may work. The de is for German. You will have to change that to the correct language.

Find this code

$productParam = "products_id=";   // ***** Added for SEO
}else{
  $productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?products_id=';
}

and change it to

$productParam = "language_id=de&products_id=";   // ***** Added for SEO
}else{
  $productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?language_id=de&products_id=';
}

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just had to rebuild my oscom site, updated to 2.3.1

I loaded GoogleFeeder_V_2.8 EU_1_2 it is working. I still getting several errors from google that I am working on.

My question is:

the new google fields, brand, gtin/isbn and mpn can be turned on in googlefeeder.php but is there a contrib that add the correct names to the oscomm files to use them?

Also what are the correct names of the fields to be inserted into the sql database?

I know just enough php and sql to get laong

To add more fields to the database, I recommend my Add more Fields contribution. You will have to look in the code to determine the names you need but with Add More Fields, you can change the name should you enter a wrong one.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I haven't tested it but this may work. The de is for German. You will have to change that to the correct language.

Find this code

$productParam = "products_id=";   // ***** Added for SEO
}else{
  $productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?products_id=';
}

and change it to

$productParam = "language_id=de&products_id=";   // ***** Added for SEO
}else{
  $productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?language_id=de&products_id=';
}

thanks for trying, unfortunately it doesn't work, it only changes the image url

http://www.desir.nl/catalog/product_info.php?language_id=en&products_id=312

any other suggestions?

What is the actual error since that is not their policy. They recommend 500 to 1,000 characters but will allow up to 10,000 characters.

Item too big (31 errors)

Your feed contains items which have too many attributes, or are too big. These items will be dropped. Learn more.

Examples:

Item too big (31 errors)

Your feed contains items which have too many attributes, or are too big. These items will be dropped. Learn more.

Examples:

You have to look in your account the items in your feed to see what they are referring to.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ive managed to get my products up onto google merchant, all seemed fine until i reaised that the prices showing on google shopping for my store where without UK VAT,

After searching this thread i found,

UK Store Feeds who need the VAT to be Correct in Google Feeds -

FIND

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

REPLACE WITH

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

$taxRate = 20.0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 20.0% tax use "$taxRate = 20.0;")

$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1; //Do not edit

FIND

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price,

REPLACE WITH

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,

MAKE SURE THIS IS SET TO 0 and not 1

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 0);

Done. Simples. ;-)

This i have done! yet still when creating a new data feed, my prices are still without UK VAT,

Can any1 help?

Hi, Is your VAT problem solved yet ?

I guess there was an update to the google requirements for a data feed. Now all my products are dis-approved. Any ideas when the google feeder will be updated with these new requirements or do I need to change them myself?

I guess there was an update to the google requirements for a data feed. Now all my products are dis-approved. Any ideas when the google feeder will be updated with these new requirements or do I need to change them myself?

A new version, at least by me, won't be ready for another month or so due to my schedule.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

My feed has been great up till now but apparently they now want the "availability" attribute in the feed. Does the contribution need to be adjusted or can I fix this on my own?

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for a Googlebase module for osCommerce 2.3. When I performed a search on the osCommerce community site, this module was the only one I could fine, yet when I download it, all that's in the zip file is a text document that reads:

Download from:
Support Thread:

When I followed the link and downloaded the module (which appears to be a different module altogether and is maintained by Piet), I found that it was outdated and not compatible with osCommerce 2.3, even though the readme file for this module states steps required for using it in 2.3. Just to clarify, in the readme, it states that for v2.3 or later you should delete the file feeder.php and rename the file feeder_2.3_only.php to feeder.php, however there is no feeder_2.3_only.php. Has anyone got any ideas on where I can find the Googlebase module that is compatible with v2.3? Any assistance would be much appreciated.