• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Will version 2.8 feeder work with ultimate seo urls 5 rc205.1? Because when I tried to create the feed, it gave an error due to the fact that seo.class.php is now deleted.

No, but 2.9 will. I hope to have that uploaded in a week or two.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

could anyone tell me if the latest update v_2.8 EU is something i should add. ive used google translate and it reads.

Ported to Europe with VAT imposition

Please note that only google merchant

can anyone tell me what that means please. i know translation isnt perfect so was wondering if it meant something else.

thanks.

ps. any ideas of when the next update v_2.9 will be available.(god damn you google)

Hello there!

I just downloaded GoogleBase v2.8 by Jack_mcs and installed it. I'm using FWR's Ultimate SEO URLs 5.

When I try it with default settings and SEO enabled set to true, I get the following errors:

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/86/7797386/html/mlax/googlefeeder.php on line 101
Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/86/7797386/html/mlax/googlefeeder.php on line 101
Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/content/86/7797386/html/mlax/googlefeeder.php on line 102

I'm assuming that FWR's Ultimate SEO URLs 5 isn't the same as Ultimate SEO URLs as I can't find the seo.class.php anywhere. So, I set SEO ENABLED to False and I get 500 Internal Server Error. I looked at my logs and I found this:

[sat Sep 10 16:38:32 2011] [warn] [client 68.186.xxx.xxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[sat Sep 10 16:38:32 2011] [error] [client 68.186.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: googlefeeder.php

Wondering if anyone else has ran into similar issues?

Peace,

Chris

I just downloaded GoogleBase v2.8 by Jack_mcs and installed it. I'm using FWR's Ultimate SEO URLs 5.

When I try it with default settings and SEO enabled set to true, I get the following errors:

I'm assuming that FWR's Ultimate SEO URLs 5 isn't the same as Ultimate SEO URLs as I can't find the seo.class.php anywhere. So, I set SEO ENABLED to False and I get 500 Internal Server Error. I looked at my logs and I found this:

Wondering if anyone else has ran into similar issues?

Even if turning it off would work, that would cause google errors so you can't do that. This version doesn't support that rewriter though the next one will. There was a fix posted somewhere, either in this thread or in the addon section, as I recall.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yeah, I tried FWR's version he made back in Jan 2010, however I'm using his latest version of Ultimate SEO URLs 5 released March 2011 and what his instructions tell me to replace, no longer exists...LOL!

I think I'll just hold off on GoogleBase/Froogle until you release the new version supporting the new Google requirements and Ultimate SEO URLs 5. ;)

Thanks again Jack!

Peace,

Chris

Im having a bit of an odd problem.

The feeder creates the txt doc. but it does not add all my products. I have recently had SEO ulrs and headers installed for me.

Any products added after this insalation do not show up on the feed. I have changed the settings to 'true' for ultimate ulr, but it makes no differance.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

Hugo

Im having a bit of an odd problem.

The feeder creates the txt doc. but it does not add all my products. I have recently had SEO ulrs and headers installed for me.

Any products added after this insalation do not show up on the feed. I have changed the settings to 'true' for ultimate ulr, but it makes no differance.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

Hugo

Did you check your products quantity as the post before yours mentioned?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello!

Had installed the contrib a few days ago ....Everything worked perfectly.

Tried to run the feed today and keep getting this error:

File completed: froogle_us_file.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user XXXXXX

Warning: ftp_put(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation now in progress (115) in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.com/xxx/googlefeeder.php on line 504 Warning: ftp_put(): Type set to A. in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.com/xxx/googlefeeder.php on line 504 uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 96.805201 seconds.

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by pete636ua

Hello!

Warning: ftp_put(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation now in progress (115) in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.com/xxx/googlefeeder.php on line 504 Warning: ftp_put(): Type set to A. in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.com/xxx/googlefeeder.php on line 504 uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks in advance!

That usually happens when there is a problem with googles server. Wait a few hours, or a day, and try again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Google is not allowing descriptions that are too long. I'm a tard when it comes to programming so if someone could create a fix to cut off any descriptions that are too long after 255 characters that would be killer.

Thanks

What is the actual error since that is not their policy. They recommend 500 to 1,000 characters but will allow up to 10,000 characters.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi have you got a updated version to go inline with googles new atributes?

Yes, but it is only for my clients at the moment. It will probably be uploaded in the next month or so.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Danm. how does one become one of your clients:)

Like with many members here, I have my own site. I can't provide such information publicly due to forum rules though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello jack,

i need to have the product_category for google done.

i can use the AddMoreFields_V_1.2.zip to add a field product_category in the let's say --products table ( haven't decided yet)

now on to googlefeeder.php version 2.8 the latest.

i tried to follow along with BRAND column and added Products category throughout the script

have to add to /*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_CATEGORY', 1);

and then

//the following only matter if the matching option is enabled above.
define('OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE', '20-90 years');
define('OPTIONS_Product_CATEGORY', category>subcategories>subsub');

and then later

$extraFields = '';
if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_CATEGORY == 1  && strlen(OPTIONS_PRODUCT_CATEGORY) == 0) { //PRODUCT_CATEGORY is enabled but not set so load from database
 $extraFields .= ' products.products_category as products_category, ';

//create optional section
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1) {
  if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_CATEGORY== 1)			 $output .= "\ products_category";  

//optional values section
		   if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_CATEGORY == 1)
	    $output .= "\t" . (isset($row->products_category) ? $row->products_category : (strlen(OPTIONS_PRODUCTS_CATGORY) ? OPTIONS_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY : "Not Supported"));

i am not a php wizard or anything but do think this will work?? or ama i missing something?

thanks,

craig

Edited by zpupster

hello jack,

i need to have the product_category for google done.

i can use the AddMoreFields_V_1.2.zip to add a field product_category in the let's say --products table ( haven't decided yet)

The field should be named "google_product_category" and placed in the products_description table since that is what is coded into the next version. You don't have to do that but if you upgrade to the next version when it becomes available, it won't work with your database.

now on to googlefeeder.php version 2.8 the latest.

i tried to follow along with BRAND column and added Products category throughout the script

Be sure to add the code to add the title too.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello!

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks in advance!

Still been getting this error and not able to complete the upload. The file is created - the connection to google completes but the file fails to upload.....any ideas?

Thanks

PN

Still been getting this error and not able to complete the upload. The file is created - the connection to google completes but the file fails to upload.....any ideas?

Thanks

PN

Try connecting to googles server directly using an ftp program, like Filezilla. The url is google.uploads.com. The login is in your googlefeeder.php file. If you can connect that way, then something on the server is preventing the connection and you will need to talk to your host about it. If it fails, it means you are using the wrong username/password.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons