• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I have installed the contributions, able to uplaod the file to google, but i have below error from feeds.

Missing or invalid identifiers for Electronics, Books and Media

how can i fix this?

The error is saying you have declared your products as one of those items without the required extra fields. For example, if you sell books, you would have to have an ISBN number. Those aren't part of this contribution since they are not part of the standard shop. You will have to add the fields, whatever they are, to your database and then change the code of this contribution to include them.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I need to change the product id in my upload to goolge. I need to have a product id for the USA and one for Great Britain. Google does not allow the same id from what I have read. Any ideas???

Edited by pbpools

Just in case anyone comes across this same language error I did, I found a solution by trial and error; (maybe I did something wrong in the first place to cause this however!). Using KissMT version of this mod;

Whenever I un-commented the "//define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1);" line this would correctly execute the SQL using this variable, but I would get the following error when it tried to run using cron;

<b>Fatal error</b>:  require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/********/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php</b> on line <b>352</b><br />

If i left that define commented then somewhere along the line 'DEFAULT_LANGUAGE' would get set to 'en' and the SQL would fail.

Solution;

Un-comment the define, and make a new define;

define('LANGUAGE_ID', 1);

Then replace 'DEFAULT_LANGUAGE' with 'LANGUAGE_ID' wherever it is used within SQL queries in googlefeeder.php.

HTH

Kevin

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1)

my default language is german - how can I find out which ID german has?

asking bc after turning seo off, i don't get any errors anymore but an empty file.

Well, actually empty is not completely correct, I do get the title line

link title description expiration_date price image_link product_type id condition ean

but nothing more...

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1)

my default language is german - how can I find out which ID german has?

Go to admin->Localization->Languages and click on one of the languages. The id will be displayed in the url.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Received the following from Google, I presume all users have had the same, but what are the implications to the current Google Base Mod?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for participating in Google Product Search. We are reaching out to you to inform you about important changes we’re making to our Product Search attribute requirements for unique identifiers and tax and shipping information.

Starting May 3rd, 2011, we’ll require your product listings to include at least two of the three unique identifiers (Brand, MPN, GTIN). In order to provide as much information as possible to our users, we need your help in matching your products to our "product pages", where users are able to view useful data such as product specifications or reviews. While these attributes will not be required for your data feed to process correctly, they may prevent your items from appearing in Product Search results if not included. For more details, including what specific identifiers you should include for each category of item, please see our Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160161

Starting June 6th, 2011, we’ll also require your product listings to include tax and shipping information to provide buyers with important price information. This information will be required at either the account or item level (in the “tax” or “shipping” attribute) in order for your items to process and appear in Google Product Search results. For instructions on how to include tax and shipping information, please visit http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=160162

Please update your account settings or data feeds as soon as possible to ensure that you are complying with these new requirements by the dates specified above. For more information about these changes, please visit our Google Merchant blog at http://googlemerchantblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/changes-for-google-product-search.html

Sincerely,

The Google Product Search Team

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi Jack,

Received the following from Google, I presume all users have had the same, but what are the implications to the current Google Base Mod?

Thanks

The feed already contains code for brand and mpn. But brand is a global option so it only allows one name, which won't work in most shops. But, also, brand is only requried for certain product types so not everyone will need it. The same with GTIN and UPC. You will have to make changes to your database to include thost items and the new version will have code to load them, if present. Besides those, they have also tightented up the rules on several other items, which are causing some previously working feeds to fail. I've already made the chnange in the next version for some, but not all, and will upload that when it is ready.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The feed already contains code for brand and mpn. But brand is a global option so it only allows one name, which won't work in most shops. But, also, brand is only requried for certain product types so not everyone will need it. The same with GTIN and UPC. You will have to make changes to your database to include thost items and the new version will have code to load them, if present. Besides those, they have also tightented up the rules on several other items, which are causing some previously working feeds to fail. I've already made the chnange in the next version for some, but not all, and will upload that when it is ready.

Hello!

I get tons of lines within one second saying this:

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: quantity in /vwww/....../admin/googlefeeder.php on line 340, referer: https://..../admin/feeders.php

If I comment out line 340

// if( $row->prodStatus == 1 || (OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1 && $quantity == 1) )

something is wrong with the quantity of the products. It seems they are doubled it takes 2,5 seconds instead

of 1,4 seconds to create the output.csv

Can someboby help?

Kind regards

Andreas

Hello!

I get tons of lines within one second saying this:

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: quantity in /vwww/....../admin/googlefeeder.php on line 340, referer: https://..../admin/feeders.php

If I comment out line 340

// if( $row->prodStatus == 1 || (OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1 && $quantity == 1) )

something is wrong with the quantity of the products. It seems they are doubled it takes 2,5 seconds instead

of 1,4 seconds to create the output.csv

Can someboby help?

My last version doesn't have that code at line 340 so it appears you are using some other version. I suggest you update your version and try again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My last version doesn't have that code at line 340 so it appears you are using some other version. I suggest you update your version and try again.

Thank you for your reply! What I have here is GoogleFeeder_V_2.6.zip with Googlefeeder_EANs_No_ScreenShots_2.7.zip installed.

This is also what I find at http://addons.oscommerce.com. What and where is the newest version?

Andreas

Thank you for your reply! What I have here is GoogleFeeder_V_2.6.zip with Googlefeeder_EANs_No_ScreenShots_2.7.zip installed.

This is also what I find at http://addons.oscommerce.com. What and where is the newest version?

You have to be very careful when installing contributions. Just because they are present in the contributions section doesn't mean they work. If you read the description for the version you used, you will see comments like, "I'm not a professional programmer," "Please forgive any mistakes," and the worst of all, in my opinion, "This is NOT a full pack..." This isn't to say the problem you are having is due to that version but I wouldn't trust such an upload. But if you want to use it, you will have to work through the problems on your own since I don't offer support for the versions of others and people that upload changes like that usually don't support it either. I suggest you install my last version and go from there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to be very careful when installing contributions. Just because they are present in the contributions section doesn't mean they work. If you read the description for the version you used, you will see comments like, "I'm not a professional programmer," "Please forgive any mistakes," and the worst of all, in my opinion, "This is NOT a full pack..." This isn't to say the problem you are having is due to that version but I wouldn't trust such an upload. But if you want to use it, you will have to work through the problems on your own since I don't offer support for the versions of others and people that upload changes like that usually don't support it either. I suggest you install my last version and go from there.

Ok, thank you for that! I didn't know that the version I installed was not programmed by you.

I'll look around to find the latest version programmend by you.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Jack

I also received this email from google. I have updated shipping info in Google Merchant centreand, im an uk shop so tax requirment does not apply to me.

The Brand, MPN, GTIN, google requires 2 of 3 to be included in the feed. In your googlefeeder.php, it calls Product_model, will google recognise it as MPN? If not, will your rename it in your next update to MPN rather than Product_Model number?

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_MODEL', 0); //displays the product model

Should I change above 0 to 1 so google will extract my shipping fee directly from my shop rather than editing Google Merchant Centre everytime price changes?

I see there is already an update by rob@partridges on 26 Oct 2010, but I still would like to know if your next update be out before 3rd May?

Thanks

Kai

Hi Jack

I also received this email from google. I have updated shipping info in Google Merchant centreand, im an uk shop so tax requirment does not apply to me.

The Brand, MPN, GTIN, google requires 2 of 3 to be included in the feed. In your googlefeeder.php, it calls Product_model, will google recognise it as MPN? If not, will your rename it in your next update to MPN rather than Product_Model number?

Should I change above 0 to 1 so google will extract my shipping fee directly from my shop rather than editing Google Merchant Centre everytime price changes?

I see there is already an update by rob@partridges on 26 Oct 2010, but I still would like to know if your next update be out before 3rd May?

Thanks

Kai

I don't understad your question about including the product model so shipping is used from your shop. They don't seem to be related. A version will be out before May. I'll try to get it out in a week or two to give everyone time to test it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added option to run without uploading

- Added option to use googles utm tracking

- Added code to handle brand, gtin, isbn and upc fields

- Added code to handle shipping

- Added code to handle tax

- Added option to ignore products with quantity of 0

- Added more filter options to prevent some google errors

- Added an option for not showing the expiration date

- Added Bing datafeed option (not tested)

- Corrected several settings to work with new googlebase guidelines

- Made it 2.3 compatible

- Removed unused code

- Replaced ereg calls

- Shortened the expiration date to avoid false failures due to time zone changes

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am using version 2.5 and upload this version and I am getting this error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_brand' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT concat( 'product_info.php' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_weight AS prodWeight, products.products_brand as brand, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.pbpools.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = 1 AND products_description.language_id = 1 ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

I am using version 2.5 and upload this version and I am getting this error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_brand' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT concat( 'product_info.php' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel,

I took a look at your admin and you don't have it installed correctly. That is partly my fault since I didn't provide update instructions. You need to go through the install instructions and install it as if it is a new install, including uploading the googlefeeder.php file. But be sure to jeek your old file so you can copy the settings to the new one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I must be missing something? which is most likely the case, I think I have installed and change all the setting that I need? When I got the error I went back to version 2.5, I will install 2.7 with all the changes, but I am still getting the error posted below?

when push the Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed in my admin side and I seeing the error when the new window opens up.

The error is saying the products_brand field doesn't exist in your database so you need to be sure you don't have the brand option enabled in the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the contribution. I inspected the feed that is created, and for some reason my capital T is not showing up, has anyone else noticed this error?

Thanks,

Johan

I removed this code from googlefeeders line 262:

, "T" => ""

Now my feed is including capital T's, what was the reason for that code?

Johan