• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi,

I would like to get this working for me as I think it's a great addon. I have spent the last hour reading this forum and cannot find my answer. I am using OS version 2.3.1

4) In admin/includes/boxes/tools.php,

FIND:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE . '</a><br>' .

ADD AFTER:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('feeders.php') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE . '</a><br>' .

In my admin/includes/boxes/tools.php it looks much different...

array(

'code' => FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE)

),

What should I do?

Repetition is the key to success; Practice, Practice, Practice.

No outside links in signatures allowed.

I would like to get this working for me as I think it's a great addon. I have spent the last hour reading this forum and cannot find my answer. I am using OS version 2.3.1

In my admin/includes/boxes/tools.php it looks much different...

array(

'code' => FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE)

),

What should I do?

This contribution is not 2.3 compatible. You will need to wait until it is, make the requried code changes yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

admin\includes\filenames.php

add

define('FILENAME_FEEDERS', 'feeders.php');

admin\includes\boxes\tools.php

add

array(

'code' => FILENAME_FEEDERS,

'title' => BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE ,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEEDERS)

)

Note do not forget the , for the array that breaks the arrays up.

feeders.php

DELETE ALL BELOW

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body>
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->

at the top

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

comment out

/********************** BEGIN VERSION CHECKER *********************/

/*

if (file_exists(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'version_checker.php'))

{

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/version_checker.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'version_checker.php');

$contribPath = 'http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513';

$currentVersion = 'GoogleBase V 2.6';

$contribName = 'GoogleBase V';

$versionStatus = '';

}

/*

/********************** END VERSION CHECKER *********************/

delete

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>

at bottom

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

googlefeeder.php

delete

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
 //********************
 // Modification for SEO
 // Since the ultimate SEO was only installed on the public side, we will include our files from there.
 require_once('../includes/filenames.php');
 require_once('../includes/database_tables.php');

include_once('../' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
 $seo_urls = new SEO_URL(DEFAULT_LANGUAGE);

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
    global $seo_urls;
    return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
 }
}

Edited by MiCR0

@MiCR0 - Thank you so much for the post. I now have this working in osCommerce 2.3.1

I did have to make some minor adjustments, and I'm posting them here for the other Paint-by-Numbers newbies like me (I wish I got paid by the hour for the time I spend reading all the posts I read to be self tought)

- Back Up every time your site is working fine!

at the top

comment out

I had to delete the line comment out If that's wrong let me know.

at the top

Apparently you can't have - require('includes/application_top.php'); twice, so I deleted the second instance of that line.

at bottom

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

Again, had to delete the duplicate - require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

Question - should I leave the <?php and the ending ?>

I figured this out by reading up on the error I got...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in ...

htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in ...

htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

Another question - do I really need the version checker as listed in the instructions step 6?

Thanks again

Repetition is the key to success; Practice, Practice, Practice.

No outside links in signatures allowed.

I cannot run a cron job for this as it resides in admin which is htaccess password protected. Is there another method to run it automatically?

Cron jobs are internal and should not be bothered by password protection. You should ask your host how to set it up. If you can't, you can use the Cron Simulator contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Cron jobs are internal and should not be bothered by password protection. You should ask your host how to set it up. If you can't, you can use the Cron Simulator contribution.

My host did set it up. It was them that asked to me ask here

had 2.6 working fine. this year i've added some new products and they aren't showing in my feed which is unusual. Also the expiration date it's putting in the file is 21st Jan 2011, so I'm having to do a manual find/replace before uploading the file.

has anyone else hit these issues?

i've gone and deleted the txt file from my feeds folder just to make sure a new one is being created which it is, but these problems are still there.

sorry to bump this but has nobody else had this issue or any idea what could be causing this?

My host did set it up. It was them that asked to me ask here

I have resolved the issue now. I am using the FWR media version as I use USU5 PRO, I have moved the googlefeeder.php to the root, altered the locations within the file and use cURL in the cron and it now works as expected.

I've been using this contrib for several months now and it worked like a dream. Noticed that none of my products were on google so ran the googlefeeder.php screen and just get a HTTP 500 error page. I've updated to v2.6 tonight from 2.4 but it has made no difference.

Everything else on site is working and no changes to my server as far as I know. Must have been like this for over a month now but have no idea why?

Anyone had this or know the problem please?

I've been using this contrib for several months now and it worked like a dream. Noticed that none of my products were on google so ran the googlefeeder.php screen and just get a HTTP 500 error page. I've updated to v2.6 tonight from 2.4 but it has made no difference.

Everything else on site is working and no changes to my server as far as I know. Must have been like this for over a month now but have no idea why?

Anyone had this or know the problem please?

That failure usually happens if the script takes too long to run. Since it was running before, maybe you have added enough products since then to cause it to time out. It would help to know the actual error so you should ask your host why it is failing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That failure usually happens if the script takes too long to run. Since it was running before, maybe you have added enough products since then to cause it to time out. It would help to know the actual error so you should ask your host why it is failing.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't added any new products since installing this contrib

Will ask my host and see what they.

For some reason, even though I have Ultimate SEO URL's installed, if I set the option to true it doesnt work but if I set it to false then it does

Are you using my version of this contribution? If so, are you using Ultimate SEO V2.2d (which is what I recommend)?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have previously used Googlefeeder with MS 2.2 and no problems - it worked very well.

Have now upgraded to osC 2.2RC2a with Ultimate SEO v2.2d and yesterday added Googlefeeder v2.6. Googlefeeder seems to be working through to Admin>>Tools>>Google Base and "Create & Upload GF datafeed". Click that and I get correctly titled .txt result in a flash - BUT IT IS EMPTY!

Any thoughts anyone? Here are my googlefeede.php settings...

define('SEO_ENABLED','true'); //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed

define('FEEDNAME', 'shoptobase.txt '); //from your googlebase account

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.domain.co.uk'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

define('FTP_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxxxxx'); //created from within your googlebase account

define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxx'); //created from within your googlebase account

define('FTP_ENABLED', '0'); //set to 0 to disable

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP'); //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', '1'); //Change this to the id of your language. BY default 1 is english

define('QUOTES_CATEGORY_NAME',''); //if the Quotes contribution is installed, enter the name of the quotes category here

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', '1');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ATTRIBUTES', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', '1');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_QUANTITY', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MANUFACTURER', '0'); //displays the manufacturer name

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_MODEL', '1'); //displays the product model

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', '1');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC', '0');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT', '0');

//the following only matter if the matching option is enabled above.

define('OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE', '0-9');

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', '');

define('OPTIONS_CONDITION', 'New'); //possible entries are New, Refurbished, Used

define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FEED_LANGUAGE', 'en');

define('OPTIONS_LOWEST_SHIPPING', ''); //this is not binary. Custom Code is required to provide the shipping cost per product. ###needs to be an array for per product.

define('OPTIONS_MADE_IN', '');

define('OPTIONS_MANUFACTURERS_NAME_IGNORE', ''); //list if comma separated manufacturer names to be skipped - e.g. Matrox,Fox

define('OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', ''); //Acceptable values: Cash, Check, GoogleCheckout, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, wiretransfer

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE', 20.00); //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use 17.5)

define('OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', 'kg'); //Valid units include lb, pound, oz, ounce, g, gram, kg, kilogram.

I have previously used Googlefeeder with MS 2.2 and no problems - it worked very well.

Have now upgraded to osC 2.2RC2a with Ultimate SEO v2.2d and yesterday added Googlefeeder v2.6. Googlefeeder seems to be working through to Admin>>Tools>>Google Base and "Create & Upload GF datafeed". Click that and I get correctly titled .txt result in a flash - BUT IT IS EMPTY!

Any thoughts anyone? Here are my googlefeede.php settings...

The only things I can think of that will stop the products from being listed are that there are not any products or the default language ID is not equal to 1. You could also turn of the seo url option just to see if that is causing a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack - thanks. Tried all but no joy. Have checked Ultimate SEO and Googlefeeder installation 100 percent again. All

certainly okay and in place as per installation instructions. Not a PHP person, so will have to pass to someone...

Michael

Any chance of a osC 2.3.1 version of Google Feeder

Yes, it is being worked on. Or, you could go to the previous page and follow the instructions there if you don't want to wait.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This may be a silly question, but how to I get Free Delivery to appear below my product price?

I'm offering free deliveryy on all items to the UK but it doesnt appear on my listings?

Thanks

Dave

you need to log into google base and edit shipping details, then select free shipping.