• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

At first glance I would say it is the % sign. See if you can determine a common character in each of the offending lines. Then, in your feeder file, manually edit the common character out of the lines and resubmit your feed by hand.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

At first glance I would say it is the % sign. See if you can determine a common character in each of the offending lines. Then, in your feeder file, manually edit the common character out of the lines and resubmit your feed by hand.

I ws able to resolve those errors by editing the item text. I have no errors now, however the feed is still disapproved:

Disapproved - Processed on Feb 11, 2010 1:32 pm EST

Detected encoding: ISO-8859-1 [Latin-1, ASCII]

Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)

Detected file format: Text

Google gives no detail as to why though. Any ideas?

hi, Folks, great thread for the OSC! I love it.

my problem is with the delimiter " > " in the SQL on the following:

concat_ws( ' > ', catdescparent.categories_name , catdesccurrent.categories_name ) AS category

the php stops working right there. any ideal how it happened?

any help is appreciated.

John

Okay, so I want to add this to our Pile of steaming crap CRE Loaded store. Apparently they forgot to fix the problems with Google Base for those of us who do not want to give them $200 to upgrade. Anyhow, here is my tools.php file, can anyone help me to integrate this? I get no help at all form CRE so I thought I would ask here.

Oh yeah, if OS Commerce had the ability to assign certain products to certain retail groups, I never would have switched over...

<?php
/*
 $Id: tools.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/03/04 23:39:44 ccwjr Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Chain Reaction Works, Inc.
 Copyright © 2005-2006 

Last Modified By : $Author: Author $
 Last Modifed On :  $Date: LastChangeDate$
 Latest Revision :  $Revision: 4210 $
*/
?>
<!-- tools //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_TOOLS,
                    'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP_MYSQL, 'selected_box=tools'));

if ($selected_box == 'tools' || $menu_dhtml == true) {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_BACKUP_MYSQL, BOX_TOOLS_MYSQL_BACKUP, 'SSL') .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_BACKUP,BOX_TOOLS_BACKUP) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CACHE, BOX_TOOLS_CACHE) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_BLACKLIST, BOX_TOOLS_BLACKLIST) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_ORDERS_HOLD_LIST, BOX_TOOLS_ORDERS_HOLD_LIST) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EDIT_LANGUAGES, BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EMAIL_SUBJECTS, BOX_TOOLS_EMAIL_SUBJECTS ) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MAIL, BOX_TOOLS_MAIL) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS, BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO, BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO) .
                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE, BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE));
//Admin end
 }

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- tools_eof //-->

Any help at all would be so appreciated.

Okay, so I want to add this to our Pile of steaming crap CRE Loaded store.

Oh yeah, if OS Commerce had the ability to assign certain products to certain retail groups, I never would have switched over...

It's against forum rules to support CRE shops here.

Oscommerce does have the ability you mention. It is a contribution. CRE is just an oscommerce shop with contributions (usually from here) installed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks again for this cool contribution!! I'm having a small problem with getting it to work, though. When I create the datafeed.txt file in admin, the page I go to gets this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 960.

Does this have something to do with my Ultimate SEO contribution? Sorry I've been trying to get this to work for a while. Any and all help is much appreciated!!

Jason

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 960.

Does this have something to do with my Ultimate SEO contribution? Sorry I've been trying to get this to work for a while. Any and all help is much appreciated!!

Yes, it does. See my signature for the version I recommend, and which works.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I have a Problem with the cronjob. it says:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102
PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102 PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:102) in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:102) in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 291

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp5/includes') in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 291
PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 291 PHP Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp5/includes') in /myserver/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 291

It seems to be that files are not accesible. Plaease Help me.

life long and knusper

See my signature for that error - headers already sent.

Thank your for the quick answer. But this seems not to be a solution. It looks like the language file connot be found?!? Could htaccess protection of the admin directory could be the reason? I tried also to call the file external via wget command... same result.

life long and knusper

The required syntax for a cron job varies with the host. You will probably need to cd into admin before running the script. But that is a problem for your host to help with.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I'm getting problems with taxable and non-taxable goods. My store is a bookshop and toyshop and in the UK I need to add 17.5% tax to the toys and none to the books. I have set

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE', 17.5);

but this just sets a blanket 17.5% tax rate across the board and doesnt differentiate between the tax classes

There's not an option for showing the tax on certain items. It can be done but the code required to do that is not a simple change and I haven't had time to add it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great contribution!! (My brother and I recently discovered this, and we are just elated!)

I have been using this contribution for the last week or so. Everything works except FTP from my file location to Googlebase. I followed the directions, googlebase feeds user creation, and identical text file naming conventions on both ends. FTP is enabled in catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php. The file and folder are wide open 755. I found the workaround before reading one of Jack's posts. Where you disable FTP in googlefeeder.php and use Googles sheduled fetch option. Which is ok.. but I would rather push from my shared server. Especially since the googlebase feeds retrieve/fetch option doesn't work all the time. So I wind up manually uploading.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the result when I run the "Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed"

File completed: google.txt

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

I also use Godaddy as my host, and have made a few calls to them. They claim FTP to Googlebase should work from their shared services.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by videod

Try to connect to your google ftp account with a stand-alone ftp program, like FileZilla. If it fails, then something is wrong with login details and has nothing to do with this contribution. If it works, then verify you have entered the login details correctly in the settings. If you did, then your host is most likely preventing the connection, regardless of what they tell you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try to connect to your google ftp account with a stand-alone ftp program, like FileZilla. If it fails, then something is wrong with login details and has nothing to do with this contribution. If it works, then verify you have entered the login details correctly in the settings. If you did, then your host is most likely preventing the connection, regardless of what they tell you.

Jack,

Thanks for the awesome quick reply! It's gotta be the host then, because I tested it with CuteFTP many times over, and I connect just fine. Because I had this issue I read many of the threads on the forums and nothing seemed to work. So I deleted the txt file at googlebase and created a new one and updated the googlefeer.php as well. I did receive an interesting email from my cron job last night and those results are listed beolow:

/web/cgi-bin/php5: Symbol `client_errors' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

File completed: <a href="../feeds/google.txt" target="_blank">google.txt</a><br>

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com <BR>

<p style="margin:auto; text-align:center">Script timer: <b>3.156677</b> seconds.</p>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is the /web/cgi-bin/php5: Symbol `client_errors'.. is the culprit on the host end?

Thanks again for the great contribution and your technical support!

Dave

Edited by videod

Jack,

Thanks for the awesome quick reply! It's gotta be the host then, because I tested it with CuteFTP many times over, and I connect just fine. Because I had this issue I read many of the threads on the forums and nothing seemed to work. So I deleted the txt file at googlebase and created a new one and updated the googlefeer.php as well. I did receive an interesting email from my cron job last night and those results are listed beolow:

/web/cgi-bin/php5: Symbol `client_errors' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

File completed: <a href="../feeds/google.txt" target="_blank">google.txt</a><br>

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com <BR>

<p style="margin:auto; text-align:center">Script timer: <b>3.156677</b> seconds.</p>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is the /web/cgi-bin/php5: Symbol `client_errors'.. is the culprit on the host end?

Thanks again for the great contribution and your technical support!

Dave

I contacted Godaddy .. again. This time I asked them if they would let me run the script in a shell on the host server VPN or whatever method they have available. I explained for troubleshooting purposes since they don't know how. I got an interesting answer... " There is a way but we don't know where the method is on our website." You gotta laugh and move on.

Thanks again!

Dave

I contacted Godaddy .. again. This time I asked them if they would let me run the script in a shell on the host server VPN or whatever method they have available. I explained for troubleshooting purposes since they don't know how. I got an interesting answer... " There is a way but we don't know where the method is on our website." You gotta laugh and move on.

I deal with godaddy's tech support for my clients quite often and answers like that are fairly common, I'm afraid. Try this. Create a file and copy this code into it.

<?php
$ftp_server = "uploads.google.com";
$ftp_username = '';
$ftp_userpass = '';

$conn_id = ftp_connect ($ftp_server) or die("Couldn't connect to $ftp_server");

if ($conn_id)
{
 echo 'ftp connection was successful';
 $login = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftpusername, $ftppassword);
 if ($login)
   echo 'logged in';
 else
   echo 'failed to login';
 ftp_close($conn_id);
}
else
 echo 'failed to connect';

?>

Name the file testftp.php. Enter in your google ftp username and password, save the file and upload to your server. It is safer to upload it to the admin directory but if godaddy can't get to it, you will need to upload it to the root. Then go to http://your_domain.com/testftp.php. If it fails and you are sure your google login is correct, then godaddy should be able to figure out the problem from there, although you may have to escalate to level 2 support.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I deal with godaddy's tech support for my clients quite often and answers like that are fairly common, I'm afraid. Try this. Create a file and copy this code into it.

<?php
$ftp_server = "uploads.google.com";
$ftp_username = '';
$ftp_userpass = '';

$conn_id = ftp_connect ($ftp_server) or die("Couldn't connect to $ftp_server");

if ($conn_id)
{
echo 'ftp connection was successful';
$login = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftpusername, $ftppassword);
if ($login)
echo 'logged in';
else
echo 'failed to login';
ftp_close($conn_id);
}
else
echo 'failed to connect';

?>

Name the file testftp.php. Enter in your google ftp username and password, save the file and upload to your server. It is safer to upload it to the admin directory but if godaddy can't get to it, you will need to upload it to the root. Then go to http://your_domain.com/testftp.php. If it fails and you are sure your google login is correct, then godaddy should be able to figure out the problem from there, although you may have to escalate to level 2 support.

Jack,

I did exactly what you said with the script and performed the test. When I ran the test I still couldn't connect to uploads.google.com. I contacted Godaddy and went through a few people and finally got a supervisor on the phone. He put me on hold while he "contacted his hosting people" to discuss the issue. After several minutes of being on hold I was informed that shared hosting services doesn't allow outbound FTP connections. I wish they would have told me sooner so I wouldn't have wasted our time. Well it wasn't a complete waste. I am learning after reading the threads that shared hosting is not all it could be, and probably should move to a virtual server.

I just want to say thanks again for the great contribution, and all of the effort you put into helping us with these crazy issues. Time to change to a different host!

Regards,

Dave

Godaddy added linux hosting as an afterthought and have never really put much effort into it, in my opinion. There are a lot of little problems you will run into with them. Once they are ironed out, there servers run fine and there won't be any problems but getting to that point can be a pain. Upgrading to a VPS just to be able to ftp is complete nonsense (this is directed at godaddy, not you) so, yes, I would agree that a move is in order.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

With alot of hosting companies you will need a dedicated IP to connect using any port other than :80 (which you need for SSL anyway) There is a way to get around the firewall... use the IP (123.123.123) to connect instead of the domain (something.com:80)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that Google Base Auto Feeder 1.4 is throwing the following error:

This isn't the support thread for that contribution and I only offer support for the contributions I work on. You'll need to ask in its support thread for help with it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Guy's this is silver

All script are very nice but some feeling confusing about taxes please give me more information.

It currently only offers and on/off tax setting. If you have different needs, like more than one tax setting, the code won't handle it. I do plan on adding that but it probably won't be anytime soon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons