• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

extras/GoogleBase V 2.5/

I should rename it to the contribution.

How come I don't have the folder GoogleBase V 2.5 in extras? I only have "character_conversion_pack", "Google XML Sitemap SEO", "module template (devs only)"old contribution modules","replacements" and "usu5_updates". And none of them has the folder GoogleBase V 2.5 in it. Actually, I looked all the folders that come with USU5 and there isn't a folder named GoogleBase V 2.5.

How come I don't have the folder GoogleBase V 2.5 in extras? I only have "character_conversion_pack", "Google XML Sitemap SEO", "module template (devs only)"old contribution modules","replacements" and "usu5_updates". And none of them has the folder GoogleBase V 2.5 in it. Actually, I looked all the folders that come with USU5 and there isn't a folder named GoogleBase V 2.5.

Googlefeeder correction for Ultimate seo urls 5

One more questions, I was recommended to install HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.8, if I install KissMT_1.0_r55_RC, do I still need to install Header tags?

No it is a different contribution but still aims at meta tags. It is entirely up to you which you install.

Edited by FWR Media

Dear Robert, I just realized that your version of the Googlefeeder does not convert the currency from USD to GBP. All prices are stated as "0.00".

I don't have a "version" of the google feeder and no functionality has been changed it just has been modified to use standard osCommerce functions.

• 2 weeks later...

In the admin page of Google Base the top has 3 bits of text, but instead of sayign what they are supposed to they are saying the following:

HEADING_TITLE_SUPPORT_THREAD

HEADING_TITLE_AUTHOR

TEXT_MISSING_VERSION_CHECKER

Has this been covered or have I just done something wrong?

In the admin page of Google Base the top has 3 bits of text, but instead of sayign what they are supposed to they are saying the following:

HEADING_TITLE_AUTHOR

TEXT_MISSING_VERSION_CHECKER

Has this been covered or have I just done something wrong?

You need to download the Version Checker contribution and upload the files in its admin to yours.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to download the Version Checker contribution and upload the files in its admin to yours.

OK, will do. That will work with all add-ons I guess? What has that got to do with the operation of Google Base though?

Do I still need to make a manual upload on the Google Base site or is everything done at admin level?

OK, will do. That will work with all add-ons I guess? What has that got to do with the operation of Google Base though?

Do I still need to make a manual upload on the Google Base site or is everything done at admin level?

No, it only works with contributions that have installed the code for it. It doesn't have anything to do with how this contribution works. It is just a way for you to quickly check if an update has been made to this contribution. I didn't include the files in this package since that presents a problem if the other is updated. A note should be in the install file though, which I've added to the next version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

My feed now takes about 90 seconds to build locally, and in excess of 6 minutes to execute and upload. When should I start getting concerned that it is taking too long?

Yeah, I know it depends on how many products.... 30k

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

My feed now takes about 90 seconds to build locally, and in excess of 6 minutes to execute and upload. When should I start getting concerned that it is taking too long?

When it fails to complete. It doesn't just matter how large it is, it depends upon your servers settings and whether it can handle a script that takes a while to run.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've put the admin side of things in, and it now shows what version it is, but I am still getting this:

HEADING_TITLE_AUTHOR

You have to upload the files from this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to upload the files from this contribution.

I have uploaded the admin folders from both Version Checker and Google Base, but I am still getting the same thing.

Edited by Whiskers

I have uploaded the admin folders from both Version Checker and Google Base, but I am still getting the same thing.

Check the admin/includes/english/feeders.php file and make sure there are entries for those two missing items.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Check the admin/includes/english/feeders.php file and make sure there are entries for those two missing items.

Ah, I have just checked the upload and found that there was no english file. It was just admin/includes/languages/feeder.php

It's all sorted now. Thanks.

Note: if you're having currency conversion problems where the resulting feed has 0.00 for all prices try not applying the:

Corrected Googlefeeder.php[Not a Full Package] FWR Media 4 Jan 2010

The current version of this contribution hardcodes in series 2 seo urls which means that no others can possible work with it.

This revised googlefeeder.php does two things: -

1) Removes the hardcoding so that the propper tep_href_link() function can be used (e.g. with Ultimate Seo Urls 5)

2) Corrects the aweful query that returns 247 rows where it should return just 27 on a stock osCommerce.

Please see the instructions.txt for a small change to the cron and a small USU5 update.

Edited by cinolas

HI jack,

I've been using this contrib for awhile now. Recently I started receiving notice that the feeds were disapproved. I noticed there was an update to teh contribution and installed that, yet I am still receiving disapproved notcies as follows:

Corrupted data feed line (3 errors)

We were unable to match the attributes in your items to the attributes in the header row due to invalid encoding. Please verify all the characters are valid for your selected encoding.

Learn more.

Examples:

Examples:

Item Nr. Line Nr.

6 7

30 31

32 35

I have 70 products yet these are bad? Any ideas on why this would happen, when it hadn't been happening in the 7 months prior?

Thanks in advance.

They are telling you there is something wrong with your feed around those lines. You have to log into your google account and look at the details of the errors to find out what the problem is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Could it be that I am using quotation marks in the descriptions? I can't seem to find anything else...

Not likely. Can you post the offending line in the feeder file together with the 2 above and below it? Be sure and indicate which line you believe to be the one in question.

ps: maybe the header line also...

Edited by mdtaylorlrim

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Not likely. Can you post the offending line in the feeder file together with the 2 above and below it? Be sure and indicate which line you believe to be the one in question.

ps: maybe the header line also...

link	title	description	expiration_date	price	image_link	product_type	id

http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/clearblue-digital-ovulation-test-p-36.html	ClearBlue Digital Ovulation Test	The Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test detects the rise of the ovulation hormone LH 24-36 hours prior to ovulation and identifies the 2 best days to conceive in a given cycle. Having sex during these 2 days gives you your best chance of conceiving.   The Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test is the most effective digital ovulation test kit. It gives you clear digital results, so there’s no need to interpret the lines.    You use the Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test once a day at the same time each day, on the days around the time when you expect your LH surge. It identifies the days in your cycle when you are most likely to conceive.    The Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Test. Is the first and only digital ovulation test – no more lines to interpret.    ~Tells you the 2 best days to conceive.   ~Is Over 99% accurate at detecting your LH surge.   ~Has a unique flashing test stick symbol to show you the test is working.   ~Gives your result in 3 minutes.	2010-03-09	31.95	http://thefertilityshop.com/images/clearblue_digital_ovulation.gif	Ovulation Predictors, Ovulation Tests	36 
http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/maybe-saliva-scope-p-37.html	Maybe Mom Saliva Scope	The Original MaybeMom Mini Ovulation Microscope© is a personal medical diagnostic instument which uses a woman's saliva to track her personal menstrual and fertility cycle, including key events such as pre-ovulation, ovulation and menstruation to increase her chances of conceiving a child.    MaybeMom uses a 3-layer plate-polished glass optical lens (the same as used in a medical lab or ob/gyn's office). Other products have a plastic lens that can scratch and provide misleading results.    MaybeMom contains a patented focus device that provides optimal 52 times magnification, with the ability to focus +/- 5 diopter for best clarity of results. Other products claim various focus power (some up to 100x), but research shows that MaybeMOM's focus ability is the optimum strength and focus power to achieve crystal clear viewing results.   MaybeMom has a green backlight, a "clean" light which provides for best contrast and resolution of viewing results. Other testers use "dirty" yellow light that can cause a misleading result.    Proven 98% accuracy for your peace of mind. Only MaybeMOM has clinical studies from Europe and the United States proving its accuracy. This is a fact backed by the FDA, which has granted MaybeMOM 510(k) clearance based on its clinical studies. No other saliva fertility microscope has this level of certification.   Included with your MaybeMom are:  ~ Complete instructions  ~ Personal chart  ~ Hard carrying case  ~ Cleaning Cloth  ~ MaybeMom Microscope  ~Batteries are replaceable on this unit	2010-03-09	49.25	http://thefertilityshop.com/images/maybe_mom.jpg	Fertility Monitors	37 
http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/fertile-focus-saliva-ovulation-test-p-38.html	Fertile Focus Saliva Ovulation Test	Designed by leading fertility expert, Dr. Amos Grunebaum, ObGyn, Fertile-Focus is the affordable high-quality saliva-based fertility test (or personal ovulation microscope) that predicts ovulation with 98% accuracy – up to 72 hours in advance.   Fertile-Focus allows women to identify their most fertile days by testing and viewing the visual changes that take place in saliva throughout the monthly cycle. Just prior to ovulation, women experience an "estrogen surge," and a distinct fern-like pattern becomes visible in saliva due to the hormonal changes. Fertile-Focus provides the highest quality, powerful 50x magnification lens for easily identifying these crystal "ferning" patterns.    Ranked as a top customer favorite for quality, convenience and price, Fertile-Focus offers the best value to both consumer and retailer/distributor in the ovulation microscope market. It offers accuracy without the mess and monthly expense of urine ovulation tests.	2010-03-09	27.25	http://thefertilityshop.com/images/fertile_focus.jpg	Fertility Monitors	38 

The last item shown above is one of the alleged offernders.

The two lines following the offending line:

http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/fertilaid-women-p-39.html	FertilAid for Women	For a limited time, Receive 1 free pregnancy test strip with your purchase    FertilAid for Women is the doctor-approved and ObGyn-recommended supplement designed to increase fertility and improve reproductive health.   With an all natural, non-prescription formula that brings together scientifically-validated herbal ingredients and essential vitamins, FertilAid promotes female hormonal balance and reproductive wellness, supporting fertility and optimizing your chances to conceive.   Created by ObGyn and leading fertility expert, Amos Grunebaum, MD, FertilAid for Women combines fertility-enhancing nutrients with a “Just Right” formula of folic acid, essential vitamins and minerals, and key antioxidants. This comprehensive formula makes it the only fertility supplement offering total preconception vitamin support - optimized for trying-to-conceive women.    FertilAid for Women was formulated on the basis of established scientific literature to help optimize fertility safely and naturally as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle. With a proprietary herbal formula that includes chasteberry (vitex), red clover blossom, siberian ginseng, and gingko biloba, FertilAid helps restore hormonal balance while supporting overall reproductive wellness.   FertilAid has no negative side effects and has no impact on multiple births.	2010-03-09	28.75	http://thefertilityshop.com/images/fertilaid_women.jpg	Fertility Vitamins & Herbs, Fertility for Women	39 
http://thefertilityshop.com/fertility/fertilaid-for-men-p-40.html	FertilAid for Men	For a limited time, Receive 1 free pregnancy test strip with your purchase    Increase Low Sperm Count and Motility with FertilAid for Men Formulated by Amos Grunebaum, MD, the ingredients in FertilAid for Men have been scientifically demonstrated to enhance male fertility and improve overall reproductive wellness as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle. Ideal for men with a low sperm count or for those looking to optimize their sexual health.    Fertile, healthy sperm are defined not just by the number of sperm (or count), but also by sperm concentration, by sperm motility and speed, and by healthy morphology (sperm shape and size). Sperm motility is determined by the percentage of sperm that are moving and their capacity to "swim" in a forward direction. Healthy sperm motility allows sperm to sustain vitality and propel themselves through the uterus to the fallopian tube - and ultimately penetrate the surface of the ovum and fertilize the egg.    How to increase sperm count and motility? FertilAid addresses these key issues in male fertility and reproductive health. With an effective formula that combines a potent blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals with the amino acid, L-Carnitine, FertilAid for Men is designed to support the healthy formation of sperm and increase both sperm motility and sperm count.	2010-03-09	28.75	http://thefertilityshop.com/images/fertilaid_men.jpg	Fertility Vitamins & Herbs, Fertility for Men	40 

Edited by nnclyn