• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I can't imagine what problems you are having. You have to set the file up with your logins, feed name and the like but that takes a few minutes. Then upload the files and setup the cron script. You're all done at that point.

Jack

Jack,

It looks like you've got a great contribution. But, I'm missing something along the lines of a few detailed instructions.

I've been creating Froogle uploads weekly through MSExcel and easypopulate, but I would love to get your contribution automated on a friend's site (3,500 products that I'm helping him with for free). Using the googlebase autofeeder I was able to get a product feed uploaded but had inconsistent results and didn't pursue it.

The Googlefeeder v2, Readme.html file from 2/25/2007 may no longer be necessary, but I can't find any additional usage details. I have made the simple changes to Googlefeeder.php (url, login, feed name and password) and uploaded Googlefeeder.php and Feeders.php to my admin folder.

However, I'd like to be able to validate what's going to Froogle before I schedule the feed on Googlebase (so I don't wipe out or duplicate what's there). With the Googlebase autofeeder, I could browse the feed file to verify that the content would be ok (www.yourwebsite.com/catalog/googlebase.php). But, if I try to browse www.mywebsite.com/catalog/admin/googlefeeder.php I get "website cannot display the page."

I guess this should be simple, but it's not obvious to me. Step-by-step, is there more than....

1. Update Googlefeeder.php with your logins, feed name and the like ...

2. upload to www.yourwebsite.com/catalog/admin (is this correct location)

3. upload feeders.php to the admin folder

Is this all? I had made some changes to .htaccess for the googlebase autofeeder. Is any of this still necessary?

#Options +FollowSymLinks

#RewriteEngine on

#RewriteBase /catalog

#RewriteRule feeds.csv googlebase.php

#RewriteRule feeds2.csv googlebase.php

Thanks for any suggestions that will get this going,

John

I guess this should be simple, but it's not obvious to me. Step-by-step, is there more than....

1. Update Googlefeeder.php with your logins, feed name and the like ...

2. upload to www.yourwebsite.com/catalog/admin (is this correct location)

3. upload feeders.php to the admin folder

Is this all? I had made some changes to .htaccess for the googlebase autofeeder. Is any of this still necessary?

Step 2 should be your domain name. If it is in the catalog directory, then that should be used.

There's no reason for an .htaccess entry.

If you try to run the script manually and it times out, it is probably due to your servers setting. The standard run time for a script is 30 seconds but a site with 3,500 might take 90 seconds to complete. In that case, the script won't work for you as is. You will either have to get your host to increase that timeout, which they usually won't do, or edit the script so it "sleeps" long enough to get around that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get this working with attributes that change the price? For example, I have some products that have different sizes, and use the attributes to change the price, eg the main price for the item is $2, but then the attributes override and small is $2, large is $4. The price going to Google is $2, but I'd prefer if it was $2-$4 or something similar?

Also, I have some items that are $0.00, that I'd like to list in google if at all possible, I was thinking of changing their price (in the google feed only) to $0.02 or something similar, but having a hard time doing this - any suggestions?

Thanks~

Hello, I am looking for some guidance for GoogleBase v2.3 ~ I think I posted in the wrong area earlier :-P

1. I made the appropriate changes in googlefeeder.php;

2. I uploaded feeders.php and googlefeeder.php to my top-most file in File Manager (where the Admin folder is at the top, opened): /home/*myusername*/public_html/OSCommerce/

Regarding #1 above, is this indeed where I upload the files? I do not have a file or folder named "Catalog", but this is the area where my stylesheet and product info are...

Regarding #2 above, should I have entered my FTP Username & Password, or my Google Base username & password (they are different though both in GoogleBase) ?

Also, am I missing any other steps/instructions? Will this automatically upload my products to Google?? I feel like there was more I was supposed to do, make changes/set-up in my GoogleBase Account? Remove old feeds that never worked? :-P

Thanks!

Regarding #1 above, is this indeed where I upload the files? I do not have a file or folder named "Catalog", but this is the area where my stylesheet and product info are...

They get uploaded into your admin directory.

Regarding #2 above, should I have entered my FTP Username & Password, or my Google Base username & password (they are different though both in GoogleBase) ?
Your googlebase ftp username and password
Also, am I missing any other steps/instructions? Will this automatically upload my products to Google?? I feel like there was more I was supposed to do, make changes/set-up in my GoogleBase Account? Remove old feeds that never worked? :-P

Thanks!

You need to create a feeds directory and set up a cron job.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have this working (aka creating the feed file) but the ftp upload won't work. Here's the result I get from googlefeeder.php:

File completed: computerparts1.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user classifiedinfo

Uploaded ../feeds/computerparts1.txt to uploads.google.com as computerparts1.txt

when I go to my google ftp though, the file is not there. I think it has something to do with the "../feeds" it's just not reading that correctly.

Any suggestion how to fix?

I have this working (aka creating the feed file) but the ftp upload won't work. Here's the result I get from googlefeeder.php:

File completed: computerparts1.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user classifiedinfo

Uploaded ../feeds/computerparts1.txt to uploads.google.com as computerparts1.txt

when I go to my google ftp though, the file is not there. I think it has something to do with the "../feeds" it's just not reading that correctly.

Any suggestion how to fix?

Try ftp'ing the datafeed directly to see if it shows up.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Step 2 should be your domain name. If it is in the catalog directory, then that should be used.

There's no reason for an .htaccess entry.

If you try to run the script manually and it times out, it is probably due to your servers setting. The standard run time for a script is 30 seconds but a site with 3,500 might take 90 seconds to complete. In that case, the script won't work for you as is. You will either have to get your host to increase that timeout, which they usually won't do, or edit the script so it "sleeps" long enough to get around that.

Jack

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

without any linux cron function on your website can be done the following way:

1) register product file with name products.xml

2) setup Google Base to access php file regular using scheduler (http://domain/g_base.php)

3) php file generates the products.xml file with all products details in right format for Google Base

I will publish this module later on.

Edited by web-project

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hi i use several different VAT rates throughout my site, however i cannot find an option on how this can be displayed through this feeder.

Any ideas?

If you want it to show on googlebase as a separate item, then the code would have to be changed to include that since there isn't a place for it now. If you want it included in the price, the tax code already in there may work, though it too may need adjusting.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I followed this contrib to the latter and it is working fine, only when i added the option of Admin panel i received this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/a5893897/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/a5893897/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

compatibilty.php file is on default and no changes has been made to file. Is anyone else getting this error?

Hi, I followed this contrib to the latter and it is working fine, only when i added the option of Admin panel i received this error:

compatibilty.php file is on default and no changes has been made to file. Is anyone else getting this error?

It's not a problem with this contribution. Let google be your friend.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's not a problem with this contribution. Let google be your friend.

Jack

Well Jack, thnkx for your help i looked at the link you provided but most of the people who complained about this are having issues in thier store's checkout.

My issue is with this contribution as I only see error in the Admin panel where this contribution suppose to appear under left column.

However, if i remove this contribution, it all goes back to perfect.

still looking for an answer..though

You missed the point. The error is happening becuase a function is being included twice. It isn't the fault of this code anymore than it is the fault of whatever other code in your shop that is including that function. You need to play detective and find where the problem is. Those threads describe what it could be and/or how to track it down.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I had installed the GoogleFeeder_V_2.3, But I got the Message after clicking the Google Base / Froogle under Feeder Systems in my Admin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File completed: data_feed.xml

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user off12345

Uploaded ../feeds/data_feed.xml to uploads.google.com as data_feed.xml

Script timer: 10.345108 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when I click the data_feed.xml, got the error as following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XML Parsing Error: syntax error

Location: https://www.officeconsumables.com.au/feeds/data_feed.xml

Line Number 1, Column 1:link title description expiration_date price image_link label id condition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that IE can not open the xml file? How to fix it?

Thanks!

Dansino

Hi,

I've just installed the lastest version of this froogle feed and get the follwing error.

File completed: ../feeds/filename.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user honeybeetoys

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: ../feeds/filename.txt: No such file or directory. in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 399

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 3.831936 seconds.

Now someone had a problem about 3 pages back in this forum, I've tried the solution suggested there but it didn't work. Would anyone be able to give me some clues as to how to resolve this

Cheers

CJ

Can you connect to uploads.google.com using an ftp program and your ftp login that is in the file for this contribution?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons