• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hey there- does anyone know why google base wouldn't have included any of my images? It successfully uploaded my products, but none of them have images. Is that something I have to do manually, or can I tweak the settings so that it automatically pulls the image?

This contribution doesn't have anything to do with loading your images. You have to do that separately. Once your products are setup correctly, this contribution will create links to them.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi. I've just tried to get Google Base Auto Feeder V1.2 to work on my site but having a problem.

This is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home4/subcitiz/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 960

Is this an easy fix or should I try another Google upload contribution such as Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.00?

Thanks for any and all help!

Jason

I had exactly the same error as this when updating my seo.class.php file and I add this to the end of that file which resolved the error.

function tep_not_null($value) {
   if (is_array($value)) {
     if (sizeof($value) > 0) {
       return true;
     } else {
       return false;
     }
   } else {
     if (($value != '') && (strtolower($value) != 'null') && (strlen(trim($value)) > 0)) {
       return true;
     } else {
       return false;
     }
   }
 }

Hope this helps

PS

A new version has been uploaded containing these changes:

- Fixed coding error that was only seen when the currency type was enabled.

- Added the product weight option.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded containing these changes:

- Fixed coding error that was only seen when the currency type was enabled.

- Added the product weight option.

Jack

This version had a problem I inadvertently caused. I have uploaded a fixed version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I had an older version of this contributions on my sites which was working fine. I just upgraded to 2.2 and one site is fine (109 products) the other has about 35,000 and it keeps having a 500 error.

Any thoughts on this? It wasn't an issue before.

Thanks

No, there'snothing new in the code that should cause that. if anything, it should run faster since some unneccessary code was removed/combined. Try reloading your orignal back in and see if it runs. An Internal 500 error can be caused by many things, like it is timing out due to new additions, you have SEO URL's enabled but don't have that installed. There are many other reasons.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Guys, I installed this program on my server. Followed the procedure to the latter.

TEXT file is being created when i click on the file it is blank. File permissions are set to 777

I am NOT receiving any errors whatsoever. My data base is not empty either. I am stumped and i have checked these settings over and over again but to no avail.

Could some one who encountered similar problem please guide me?

Best Regards

Edited by joslohan

Hi Guys, I installed this program on my server. Followed the procedure to the latter.

TEXT file is being created when i click on the file it is blank. File permissions are set to 777

I am NOT receiving any errors whatsoever. My data base is not empty either. I am stumped and i have checked these settings over and over again but to no avail.

Could some one who encountered similar problem please guide me?

Best Regards

If the script displays that it created the file, then there is something wrong with your server that is preventing that from happening.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

Thanks for this great contribution and sorry for my english.

I had 2 differents problems and I hope you may help me.

First I could not upload my .txt file with this error :

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: ../feeds/***.txt: No such file or directory. in /home/html/gest/googlefeeder.php on line 399
uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

I have no idea of the way to fix this....

I am hosted on a dedicated server and maybe there is something to configure ?

The second problem I had is in the feeds : my shop had many languages installed and the titles of the feed get the data from all the languages tables and not only english as configured in googlefeeder.php:

The result is :

***.com/product_info.php?products_id=1231	Ciondolo Tiki Tahiti in Oro 18 K e Corallo nero - 12 mm					ITALIAN PRODUCT TITLE
***.com/product_info.php?products_id=1232	Pendiente Tiki Tahiti en Oro 18 K y Coral negro - 10 mm		SPANISH PRODUCT TITLE
***.com/product_info.php?products_id=1235	Pendentif Tiki en Or 18 K et corail noir - 10 mm - Tortue		FRENCH PRODUCT TITLE
***.com/product_info.php?products_id=1408	Anhänger Tiki Tahiti von 18K Gold und schwartze Koralle - 15 mm - Haifisch		GERMAN PRODUCT TITLE

Is there any possibilities to force the titles to be only in english ?

Any help will be welcome

Best regards

Florent

If the script displays that it created the file, then there is something wrong with your server that is preventing that from happening.

Jack

Thank you Jack, but i am also running several other contributions on host server incl SEO which writes on to 7 text files and no problem there.

Still looking for an answer though

Thank you Jack, but i am also running several other contributions on host server incl SEO which writes on to 7 text files and no problem there.

Still looking for an answer though

Try creating an empty file named as you have defined the output file to be named and be sure of the directory it is placed in matches the directory location specified by the googlefeeder.php file

(look at the hyperlink for the file creation to confirm where it is placed compared to the output specified)

It should be something like www.yourdomainname.com/catalog/feeds/yourfeeder.txt

Set that file' (yourfeeder.txt) permissions explicitly to 0777.

Also set /feeds directory to 0777.

For unknown reasons I had to do this to get it to work.

edited for brevity - I may help with problem 1

Hello

First I could not upload my .txt file with this error :

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: ../feeds/***.txt: No such file or directory. in /home/html/gest/googlefeeder.php on line 399
uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

I have no idea of the way to fix this....

I am hosted on a dedicated server and maybe there is something to configure ?

Your error message cites

/home/html/gest/googlefeeder.php

The error appears to be saying you have googlefeeder.php in an odd location.

Check the installation structure and be sure it is in catalog/admin

You need to check

lines 12: define('FEEDNAME', 'yourfeedname.txt');	   //from your googlebase account

to be sure it is the same file name you provided google base.

AND

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.yourdomainname.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

If your store is all that exists at the root of your domain, fill in the yourdomainname part.

If your store is www.yourdomainname.com/catalog, be sure to add /catalog!

These will create the path to the $source_file for the ftp function

Did you customize the output path?

Edited by minionsweb

Never use 777 unless your host requires it and, in that case, look for a new host.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Never use 777 unless your host requires it and, in that case, look for a new host.

Jack

I can understand the security reason for not doing so.

With this file set at 777, what are the odds it will be hacked?

It isn't like permissions recurse by default up the directory structure.

Outside of someone seeking out and tampering with the source file (if they determine the file name) there is little chance for harm.

Since you register the file name with google base, it (google ftp) has permissions set for that file.

Plus Google base reviews the files format and will not accept it unless it meets it.

If the file was hacked to an executable of some flavor (and probably rejected at the firewall) it would be unlikely to pass on malicious code.

I may not be the champion php coder, but I have 24 years of certs in systems, security, & dBs.

On to the reason I suggested said 777 permissions:

quote the unaltered installation readme in the V2 zip

4) ChMod the folder where your $OutFile is being written to as 777.

(Security Notice: I recommend this folder to be a temp folder specifically used for feeds)

and within the googlefeeder.php code lines 350-354

$fp = fopen( $OutFile , "a" );
$fout = fwrite( $fp , $output );
fclose( $fp );
echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";
chmod($OutFile, 0777);

Try creating an empty file named as you have defined the output file to be named and be sure of the directory it is placed in matches the directory location specified by the googlefeeder.php file

(look at the hyperlink for the file creation to confirm where it is placed compared to the output specified)

It should be something like www.yourdomainname.com/catalog/feeds/yourfeeder.txt

For unknown reasons I had to do this to get it to work.

You are a star. It seem to have worked. It wasn't the format or the settings. Just replacing the file worked. It was surreal though :)

I can understand the security reason for not doing so.

With this file set at 777, what are the odds it will be hacked?

It isn't like permissions recurse by default up the directory structure.

Outside of someone seeking out and tampering with the source file (if they determine the file name) there is little chance for harm.

Since you register the file name with google base, it (google ftp) has permissions set for that file.

Plus Google base reviews the files format and will not accept it unless it meets it.

If the file was hacked to an executable of some flavor (and probably rejected at the firewall) it would be unlikely to pass on malicious code.

I may not be the champion php coder, but I have 24 years of certs in systems, security, & dBs.

On to the reason I suggested said 777 permissions:

quote the unaltered installation readme in the V2 zip

and within the googlefeeder.php code lines 350-354

$fp = fopen( $OutFile , "a" );
$fout = fwrite( $fp , $output );
fclose( $fp );
echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";
chmod($OutFile, 0777);

I apologize if you took offense at my statement. It wasn't meant as an attack against you or your knowledge.

Hackers can insert code into files that access the database. Once they get in the database, they have access to the most important parts of your shop. Will it happen? Same question could be asked if you pointed a gun with one bullet in it at your head and pulled the trigger. It's not worth the chance to me. Plus, there are many that do not know that 777 is dangerous. They see the fix worked here so why not on their configure file they've been having problems with? So saying to use 777 is bad advice and if a host allows it, a new host should be found.

That code in the contribution shouldn't be like that. It was from the original contribution. When oscommerce first came out, it was common practice to set permissions to 777 (still is for some people). I'll change that in the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I apologize if you took offense at my statement. It wasn't meant as an attack against you or your knowledge.

Hackers can insert code into files that access the database. Once they get in the database, they have access to the most important parts of your shop. Will it happen? Same question could be asked if you pointed a gun with one bullet in it at your head and pulled the trigger. It's not worth the chance to me. Plus, there are many that do not know that 777 is dangerous. They see the fix worked here so why not on their configure file they've been having problems with? So saying to use 777 is bad advice and if a host allows it, a new host should be found.

That code in the contribution shouldn't be like that. It was from the original contribution. When oscommerce first came out, it was common practice to set permissions to 777 (still is for some people). I'll change that in the next version.

Jack

Not insulted, just tossing around concepts with someone who has fresh eyes.

I understand the fear of sql injection.

Usually you need an active query or input resource to utilize injection, which is not the case with this contrib.

If a direct statement was used there may be a vulnerability - this code is parametrized, greatly reducing if not negating risk.

In addition they would have to reverse the file from being output from the database to being an input to the database.

The vulnerable dB, in this case, would be googles.

Odds are they have done much to limit or prevent sql injection on their end.

You are correct, I wouldn't point a gun at my head. period

Like I have offered previously, if you want some input or any help with documentation, feel free to ping me.

As said repeatedly, thanks for your great work.

Like I have offered previously, if you want some input or any help with documentation, feel free to ping me.

As said repeatedly, thanks for your great work.

This isn't my contribution. I just updated it. It is an open contribution (mine are all locked) so please feel free to make whatever changes you want and upload a new version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

edited for brevity - I may help with problem 1

Your error message cites

/home/html/gest/googlefeeder.php

The error appears to be saying you have googlefeeder.php in an odd location.

Check the installation structure and be sure it is in catalog/admin

You need to check

lines 12: define('FEEDNAME', 'yourfeedname.txt');	   //from your googlebase account

to be sure it is the same file name you provided google base.

AND

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.yourdomainname.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

If your store is all that exists at the root of your domain, fill in the yourdomainname part.

If your store is www.yourdomainname.com/catalog, be sure to add /catalog!

These will create the path to the $source_file for the ftp function

Did you customize the output path?

Hello minionsweb,

Thanks for your help.

I will use upload from Google at this time instead of FTP because it still does not work by FTP.

I will be glad to find some help to fix the "language of title problem"

I could not understand why in my feeds.txt titles of articles are taken from all the languages of my store.

Some titles are in english, others in italian, spanish or german with no particular order....

Like :

***/silver-925-chain-and-tahitian-pearl-semiround-96-mm-p-3271.html	Kette aus .925 Silber und 1 Perle von Tahiti halb-Runde B 9.6 mm
***/silver-925-chain-and-tahitian-pearl-semiround-104-mm-p-3272.html	Silver .925 Chain and 1 Tahitian Pearl Semi-Round B+ 10.4 mm
***/solid-silver-925-bracelet-tahitian-pearl-semibaroque-112-mm-p-3275.html	Bracelet en Argent .925 & 1 Perle de Tahiti Semi-Baroque B 11.2 mm
***/solid-silver-925-bracelet-tahitian-pearl-semibaroque-11-mm-p-3281.html	Bracelete en Prata .925 e 1 Pérola do Tahiti Semi-Barroca C 11 mm
***/solid-silver-925-ring-and-tahitian-pearl-semiround-96-mm-p-3285.html	Solid Silver .925 Ring and 1 Tahitian Pearl Semi-Round B 9.6 mm
***/necklace-of-37-tahitian-pearls-round-and-from-11-to-128-mm-p-3291.html	1 Colar de 37 Pérolas do Tahiti Redondas B e C de 11 a 12.8 mm
***/solid-silver-925-pendant-and-tahitian-pearl-round-103-mm-p-3292.html	Pingente em Prata .925 e 1 Pérola do Tahiti Redonda B 10.3 mm
***/solid-silver-925-bracelet-tahitian-pearl-semibaroque-112-mm-p-3293.html	Bracelet en Argent .925 & 1 Perle de Tahiti Semi-Baroque B 11.2 mm
***/solid-silver-925-ring-and-tahitian-pearl-round-105-mm-p-3296.html	Solid Silver .925 Ring and 1 Tahitian Pearl Round B 10.5 mm
***/solid-silver-925-ring-and-tahitian-pearl-round-106-mm-p-3297.html	Anel em Prata .925 e 1 Pérola do Tahiti Redonda C 10.6 mm

Any help will be welcome

regards

Florent

i am getting

File completed: googlefeed.txt

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /customers/dfader.com/dfader.com/httpd.www/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 368

could someone give me some quick advice......

i am getting

File completed: googlefeed.txt

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /customers/dfader.com/dfader.com/httpd.www/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 368

could someone give me some quick advice......

Which version are you installing?

Do lines 359-367 look like this?

function ftp_file( $ftpservername, $ftpusername, $ftppassword, $ftpsourcefile, $ftpdirectory, $ftpdestinationfile )
{
// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);
if ( $conn_id == false )
{
echo "FTP open connection failed to $ftpservername <BR>\n";
return false;
}

Plus this path is very peculiar

/customers/dfader.com/dfader.com/httpd.www/admin/googlefeeder.php

Particularly where does the path /customers/dfader.com/dfader.com come from?

Edited by minionsweb

This thing is great! Installed and everything has worked out like a champ. I only have one question? In Google Base under "Data Quality" in the Summary section I am getting errors in "Missing Product Type Values". Can someone guide me on how to add the product types? Please keep in mind i am a novice. Thanks!

If you want the items you list in Google Base to be added to product catagory it needs to contain Condition (new or used)

I finally just created a Excel spread sheet for all my products, saved as .txt and upload it once a month along with any changes. You can see it was uploaded correctly from their site and not worry about it. Once you have created it, it only takes about 3 minutes to upload it.

Flying away to get back to work.

If you want the items you list in Google Base to be added to product catagory it needs to contain Condition (new or used)

I finally just created a Excel spread sheet for all my products, saved as .txt and upload it once a month along with any changes. You can see it was uploaded correctly from their site and not worry about it. Once you have created it, it only takes about 3 minutes to upload it.

I have the the "condition" turned on and it registers fine. It just does not have a product category field.....