• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Minimum Advertised Price Module Support

• 3 weeks later...

This is just what I was looking for. I was also able to make changes to the Easy Populate module for the added field.

I have one small problem right now: In the Admin (or with EP) I can add in a MAP price. It shows up in the database and also on the customers view. However, when I go back into the Admin and edit the product I just get a blank for the MAP price. Any idea what has gone wrong?

• 4 months later...

This was being caused by the variable being called on loading the page not having the right case. Changes have been made to the distribution in the contributions page. Anyone currently having this problem can change the line in admin/categories.php that says:

<tr bgcolor="ebebff">

<td class="main">MAP Price: </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_map', $pinfo->products_map); ?></td>

</tr>

Adjust this to say:

<tr bgcolor="ebebff">

<td class="main">MAP Price: </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_map', $pInfo->products_map); ?></td>

</tr>

Notice the only change is the capitalization of the I in pinfo.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great contribution! I have just one little bug that perhaps you can help me with. Before I installed the MAP contribution, I installed the "featured product" contribution (replaces "new products for month" with a selected featured product). Everything works great except. . .

the featured contribution asks you to:

edit /catalog/index.php and change the two instances of FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS to FILENAME_FEATURED

I had to change back FILENAME_FEATURED to FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS, otherwise the index, and catagories pages would show up with a white background (basically it looks like the ccs stylesheet isn't loading). When I changed back the new products text, MAP works great, and no white background, but the Featured product contribution isn't there anymore. It used to work fine. Perhaps this is an issue with the Featured product contribution, and perhaps you will tell me to post there, but I thought perhaps you would know where to point me to find the glitch. The index file is the only file that both contributions make changes to. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this problem in combining these contributions? Many thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 months later...

After over 2 months, I am having no luck getting help with this contribution. Please see post above. Now, I have noticed that the price is not hidden on the category listing page i.e. price before "buy now" button. This makes the contribution largely useless. Is someone else having this problem? Please, is there anyone out there that can help me??

• 2 months later...

The instructions for 3.9.1 don't seem right to me. Should they look like the following (see below)? If I'm missing something, please let me know.

$review_query = tep_db_query("select rd.reviews_text, r.reviews_rating, r.reviews_id, r.customers_name, r.date_added, r.reviews_read, p.products_id, p.products_price, p.products_map, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, p.products_model, pd.products_name, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where r.reviews_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id'] . "' and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id and rd.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and r.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '". (int)$languages_id . "'");

$review = tep_db_fetch_array($review_query);

I tried installing this. Here are the problems I encountered (I followed the manual install instructions and cut-and-pasted the new code per the instructions).

1. I got a parse error in admin/catagories.php

2. After updating includes/boxes/specials.php there was no longer any special product displayed in the info box. The box heading still works and the link to specials.php works.

3. In instruction 3.3 #3, there is an extra "." in front of the new code.

4. I got a parse error in includes/modules/new_products.php relating to the new code in instruction 3.5 #3.

5. I got a parse error in includes/modules/product_listing.php.

6. I did not understand what the code in instruction 3.9 #1 relates to or what to do with it.

7. I got a parse error in specials.php (the last line - which doesn't make sense to me because it is the same as the old code so I'm guessing the problem must be in another line above that).

8. I assumed that "$row++" does not need to be added per instruction 3.13 #2 as it is already there (in the original code).

I'd like to get this up and running, but I'm not sure where to start at this point. Any help at chipping away at these issues will be appreciated.

I tried installing this.  Here are the problems I encountered (I followed the manual install instructions and cut-and-pasted the new code per the instructions).

1.  I got a parse error in admin/catagories.php

2.  After updating includes/boxes/specials.php there was no longer any special product displayed in the info box.  The box heading still works and the link to specials.php works.

3.  In instruction 3.3 #3, there is an extra "." in front of the new code.

4.  I got a parse error in includes/modules/new_products.php relating to the new code in instruction 3.5 #3.

5.  I got a parse error in includes/modules/product_listing.php.

6.  I did not understand what the code in instruction 3.9 #1 relates to or what to do with it.

7.  I got a parse error in specials.php (the last line - which doesn't make sense to me because it is the same as the old code so I'm guessing the problem must be in another line above that).

8.  I assumed that "$row++" does not need to be added per instruction 3.13 #2 as it is already there (in the original code).

I'd like to get this up and running, but I'm not sure where to start at this point.  Any help at chipping away at these issues will be appreciated.

I resolved the issues with admin/catagories.php (number 1 above). One down - seven to go.

Can anyone spot a parsing error in the following code?

if ($random_product['products_price'] < $random_product['products_map'])

{

$display_text = MAP_WARNING;

else {

Here's another line that is resulting in a parsing error message for reasons I can't figure out:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

2.  After updating includes/boxes/specials.php there was no longer any special product displayed in the info box.  The box heading still works and the link to specials.php works.

4.  I got a parse error in includes/modules/new_products.php relating to the new code in instruction 3.5 #3.

6.  I did not understand what the code in instruction 3.9 #1 relates to or what to do with it.

I'm down to the issues noted above. Also, I entered one MAP but it did not get reflected on any of the screens (I would have thought that at least the Specials listing would be correct).

Any suggestions?

2. After updating includes/boxes/specials.php there was no longer any special product displayed in the info box. The box heading still works and the link to specials.php works. -FIXED

4. I got a parse error in includes/modules/new_products.php relating to the new code in instruction 3.5 #3.

6. I did not understand what the code in instruction 3.9 #1 relates to or what to do with it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down to numbers 4 and 6. However, MAP is still not overriding the special price. Haven't tried it with a product without a special price (I list the MAP as the "price" and run a special if I discount that product).

When I add this code to includes/modules/new_products.php I get a parsing error. Can someone point out the error or point me in the right direction? The code is from manual instruction 3.5.3 (the secoond 3, which should be a 4).

if($random_product['products_price'] < $random_product['products_map'])

{

$display_text = MAP_WARNING;

} else {

$display_text = $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id']));

Okay, now I'm down to one problem. The MAP message does not get displayed (the list or special prices still show). I sure wish Chemo would take an interest in this and tell us all how to fix this. I now suspect that at least one edit in index.php is needed, but I am now way beyond my limited capabilities. If nobody jumps in, I'll just have to wait until I'm more proficient.......

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, now I'm down to one problem.  The MAP message does not get displayed (the list or special prices still show).  I sure wish Chemo would take an interest in this and tell us all how to fix this.  I now suspect that at least one edit in index.php is needed, but I am now way beyond my limited capabilities.  If nobody jumps in, I'll just have to wait until I'm more proficient.......

Got it all fixed today. Works like a charm. If anyone cares.................... :blink:

What did you do to fix it?

Well, the last problem was solved when I took some extra spaces out of the code. I'm in the habit of cutting-and-pasting the code from the readme/install text files and 99% of the time that works fine. This time it apparently didn't work and I didn't notice it until I went back through the code looking for the problems. I used Beyond Compare 2 and it was pretty easy to spot (and fix). I love that program.

• 5 months later...
Please post all support requests, bug requests, and anything else related to Minimum Advertised Price Module here so that I can keep track of the errors and help you to fix them.

HELP!!! :'(

Hi! I've installed the MAP Pricing Modual per manual install, and have checked here for updates or errors detected, but I still can't get the MAP to work in "What's New". Each time I've clicked it, the sale price appears instead of the MAP. I've been Looking at products_new.php, because this is where it appears in the URL, but?. Not sure what I'm looking for. Would you please take a look at my site and see if you can tell me what to fix? Or tell me what file and I'll post the code.

I have had to turn off all of my MAP products for the time being, and have left the GARMIN ETREX CAMO, which is 3rd down in this list to try and fix it.

http://www.giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerc..._new.php?page=5

It appears properly in index.php as seen here:

http://www.giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerc...ex.php?cPath=24

As it does also when selected from the manufacture pull down:

http://www.giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerc...facturers_id=10

The mods I have installed include:

Header Tags V2.4.3, Scrolling Specials Box, Scrolling Best Seller w/image , MS2-2.2 Site Map, and misc. others which do not appear to affect the same pages for installation.

My SHOPPE is live! :blush:

ANY HELP!??? Very MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Mahalo!

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

• 4 months later...

I am having one problem with this contribution which is that it works everywhere except for when the product get pulled in to the New products box on the index.php page it shows the true price instead of not showing a price or showing instant rebate. I need to know how to fix this otherwise this module can not be used. Anyone that has encountered this problem please let me know how to fix this. I am guessing there is some code missing on the index.php page, however I do not see it. I actually have that box turned off on my home page but this is happening in the category pages which are still essentially the index.php page. If anyone has dealt with this please help. I am eager to use this contribution. I have it on a live store right now.

Thanks to anyone for any help.

Dominik

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this is the only contribution around that suppors this type of task? Mine works as far as I can tell but I use featured categories for my mainpage. Has anyone been able to get this to work with featured categories? When the item under MAP is a featured category it displays the under MAP price which is not good. Im using Wolfen Featured products contribution if anyone can help me....

• 4 months later...
I'm down to the issues noted above. Also, I entered one MAP but it did not get reflected on any of the screens (I would have thought that at least the Specials listing would be correct).

Any suggestions?

How did you solve #4?

TIA

• 1 month later...

Installed the contribution, with no problems....

I would like to change the color of text for map_warning defined text.

I would think that this would be created in the stylesheet.css file. However, I have very limited experience with creating new commands in the stylesheet.

Thanks,

Rob

[email protected]

-------------------------------

Rob

Huntsville, AL

Installed the contribution, with no problems....

I would like to change the color of text for map_warning defined text.

Thanks,

Rob

[email protected]

I have answered my own question....

The easiest way I have found to change the color of the MAP text, is by entering html tags in the "define Map_warning" section of my english.php file.

define('MAP_WARNING', '<FONT COLOR="#FFFF00"><b>Insert into cart for your price</b>');

This demonstration code has the text displaying in yellow, and bold. I will now see which color is most apealing.

Thanks, I hope someone will find this useful....

Rob

[email protected]

-------------------------------

Rob

Huntsville, AL