• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

(Congrats to Hob)

Been working on setting up multi-stores for the past 4 months, with many mods. Very happy, however, have encountered a problem.

I deleted an order, re-stocking the store in the process rather than leave it as a sale.

Now, all orders after the order so deleted do not show up in admin (on the opening page the details show up as exisiting and entering in the order id brings up the order...just can't use the rest of the admin section for dealing with orders)

The order prior to the deleted order is showing fine.

Have double checked the mysql database and no sign of what could be wrong.

Hoping you could be so kind as to provide me with a starting point and what I should be looking for (Last 6 months have been one disaster after another and don't exactly have a clear head right at the moment)

(Up until I deleted the order re-stocking, orders worked perfectly, now I get a notice there is an order, can see there is an order on the opening screen, even drag an order out, just need to have the id # handy...without it, chances of screwing up is greater)

Ideas on where to play with the code in orders.php appreciated as I took the website live three days ago (then lost internet connection my end for a couple of days changing ISP's...been a very...tiring 6 months)

HI @ all, i've got the following problems.

I installed osCommerce and the installed the "Multi-Stores Multiple Shop Support".

From that moment on my header.php shows an error when loading, that means customers can't visit the shop, because nothing on customer side works correctly.

the admin side is quite nice and works without errors....

here is the error msg shown when loading the store:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catlog_href_link() in /home/vhosts/5000138084/ultimate-store.net/htdocs/shop/includes/header.php on line 20

and here is the code of my header.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: header.php,v 1.19 2002/04/13 16:11:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if ($messageStack->size > 0) {
echo $messageStack->output();
 }
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce', '204', '50'); ?></td>
 <td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="http://www.ultimate-store.net" target="_parent">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', HEADER_TITLE_SUPPORT_SITE, '50', '50') . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_catlog_href_link() . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_ONLINE_CATALOG, '53', '50') . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_administration.gif', HEADER_TITLE_ADMINISTRATION, '50', '50') . '</a>'; ?>   </td>
 </tr>
 <tr class="headerBar">
<td class="headerBarContent">  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_TOP . '</a>  » ' . STORE_NAME . (!tep_session_is_registered('user_name') ? '' : '    ' . sprintf(TEXT_LOGGED_IN_AS, $user_name) . ')'); //rmh M-S_multi-stores ?></td>
<td class="headerBarContent" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_SUPPORT_SITE . '</a>  |  <a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link() . '" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_ONLINE_CATALOG . '</a>  '; if (tep_session_is_registered('login_id')) { echo '| <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF . '</a>  '; } //rmh M-S_multi-stores ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>

i hope u can help me with my little problems because i'm not skilled enough for this... i'll tried some things... but it won't work...

thank you, regards rauchenwald christian

tep_catlog_href_link() should probably be tep_catalog_href_link() ...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

have corrected this to:

tep_catalog_href_link()

bust still got error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() in /home/vhosts/5000138084/ultimate-store.net/htdocs/shop/includes/header.php on line 20

the wrong writing probably occured while tryin to fix the error....

so please tell me some possible reasons for this....

the admin/header.php is 75% simular and it works normal

sorry, I misunderstood. The file you posted is from admin - not catalog. Your catalog file for header.php would have to look differently and the function used is not one of the catalog functions. Maybe you confused 2 files when uploading?

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

sorry, I misunderstood. The file you posted is from admin - not catalog. Your catalog file for header.php would have to look differently and the function used is not one of the catalog functions. Maybe you confused 2 files when uploading?

that would be very very bad, because if installed so much updates und modules so far, that this would mean to start from beginning.... are u sure, that the header.php in catalog looks very different?

yes, 100% sure. On the other hand, I do not know many contribs that touch the header.php

Monika

So I now have uploaded a "blank" header.php from clean oscommerce and added the code for multi-store, bur still getting errors... but new ones...

header.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: header.php,v 1.42 2003/06/10 18:20:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// check if the 'install' directory exists, and warn of its existence
 if (WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE == 'true') {
if (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install')) {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS, 'warning');
}
 }

// check if the configure.php file is writeable
 if (WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
if ( (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) && (is_writeable(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) ) {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE, 'warning');
}
 }

// check if the session folder is writeable
 if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {
  if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {
	$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
  } elseif (!is_writeable(tep_session_save_path())) {
	$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'warning');
  }
}
 }

// check session.auto_start is disabled
 if ( (function_exists('ini_get')) && (WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START == 'true') ) {
if (ini_get('session.auto_start') == '1') {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START, 'warning');
}
 }

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {
if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
}
 }

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
echo $messageStack->output('header');
 }
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="headerNavigation">
<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>
<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerInfo">
<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

ERROR:

Fatal error: Call to a member function trail() on a non-object in /home/vhosts/5000138084/ultimate-store.net/htdocs/shop/includes/header.php on line 68

I've looked up in the contribs I've installed up to now:

Multi-Store

Austrian Post Shipping (doesn't touch header.php)

PayPalIPN (doens't edit header.php)

RMA Returns System (doesn't edit header.php)

Another Shipping/Paymet System (also doesn't edit header.php)

that were as far all contribs i remember... when I'm right it has to work with standart header.php... but it doesnt...

Okay, this is a basic question but needs to be asked. When did the break occur?

In other words what is th order that you installed each contribution?

With Multi-stores it is important to start with a clean install of OSC followed by the multi-store contrib. At this point make sure it is working. Then add the next contribution and make sure it works, so on and so on.

So I now have uploaded a "blank" header.php from clean oscommerce and added the code for multi-store, bur still getting errors... but new ones...

I've looked up in the contribs I've installed up to now:

Multi-Store

Austrian Post Shipping (doesn't touch header.php)

PayPalIPN (doens't edit header.php)

RMA Returns System (doesn't edit header.php)

Another Shipping/Paymet System (also doesn't edit header.php)

that were as far all contribs i remember... when I'm right it has to work with standart header.php... but it doesnt...

Greg

Krynen.com - Interesting answers

Purple Dragon Gifts - Jewelry and other gifts

Purple Dragon Traders - Beads and Supplies

With Multi-stores it is important to start with a clean install of OSC followed by the multi-store contrib. At this point make sure it is working. Then add the next contribution and make sure it works, so on and so on.

Yes, I've installed it on a clean install of OSC, but only tried the admin side.... it's ride that a uploaded the wrong header php, an over comparing with PC deleted the right one.... but none of my contribs touches the header.php so I don't understand why it doesn't work rigth...

Yes, I've installed it on a clean install of OSC, but only tried the admin side.... it's ride that a uploaded the wrong header php, an over comparing with PC deleted the right one.... but none of my contribs touches the header.php so I don't understand why it doesn't work rigth...

Okay, if I understand correctly you Installed OSC, then you installed Multi-stores. At this point you checked only the admin side.

I would start over again and this time check both the admin and the store front. This will ensure it is working properly at this point. Do not install any other contributions at this time until you are sure the Mult-stores contrib was added and working correctly.

After you are sure it works correctly then add one more contribution. Then check both admin and store side again.

Greg

Christian, that is probably the fastest solution. You could of course have someone go in and check all files (as you have seen yourself sometimes go uploaded into the wrong section), but debugging can be time consuming and as such expensive. With stores that are not live yet and do not have too many contributions/design changes, reinstalling is probably the wiser route.

Monika

And always backup...

Fixed (I believe) my own problems regarding customer orders.

In the end I had to take three seperate backups and splice pieces together and I'm still missing a chunk of information that I'll have to simply re-enter. Least I managed to get the customers in so they don't have to re-sign up. Just lost their orders from the database (But only after I printed their orders on the printer)

How ever...the problems I know that exist for Multi-Shop...not sure if I'll get time to fix up some code for this, assuming I have the skill (a major point considering)

BAD NEWS WHEN YOU DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Deleting Customer Orders and re-stocking the shop (in the case the order is cancelled) THIS ACTION IS WHAT CAUSED MY INABILITY TO ACCESS ORDERS...be warned. Not sure why, I can only assume it threw a quotation in somewhere but I'm only guessing. Who knows, it may work normally but may have gone bad becuase of something in the description that hasn't been coded for (the usual, quotes, etc)

I have deleted orders in the past to clean up the database with no ill affects that I'm aware of...just have to remove details outside that (correcting bestsellers etc) through myphpadmin.

2. Dupilcating product into another category...think there is a minor problem associated with this other than it doesn't work.

Beyond these two (and I think a third issue I can't think of at the moment) Multi-Store is very useful.

And always backup...

2. Dupilcating product into another category...think there is a minor problem associated with this other than it doesn't work.

Beyond these two (and I think a third issue I can't think of at the moment) Multi-Store is very useful.

You have had problems with duplicating as well huh? Good now I know it is not my imagination. I can get it to duplicate just fine but somehow it breaks the link between the two listings, so when an item sells (or sells out) I have to go in manually and alter the second listing.

Also seemed to me like delteing felt it was being done backwards. I had to leave a category checked to keep it and uncheck the ones I wanted deleted. Most users I think would be used to checking the entries they want deleted.

Greg

I have not experienced any issues with the "re-stocking" of the cancelled order nor with the duplication of products. I will look into both of these and post fixes (if there is an issue) in my next release (which will also bring MS current with the Update 060817 release of MS2.

As far as the clean osc over-write when using MS, it is not _required_. You can (and I have) successfully implemented it into an existing modified store. It is just a ROYAL PAIN IN THE @$$ ! :) I have found it MUCH easier, even when you already have a heavily mod'd store to start with stock and perform the "over-write-and-run" and then re-add your modifications. Re-adding them would also give you the time to adjust ( if necessary ) to make them MS compatible (such as the credit class / gift voucher ).. I have already made a a number of contributions MS capable (shouldn't say compatible -- as usually the capabities exist.. just for all stores).

Concerning the header.php file problem: definately sounds like some catalog & admin header.php files got swapped around somewhere. MS should not cause the errors you speak...

Edited by hobbzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Multi-Stores v1.9 Released!!

v1.9 - 10/27/06

Update stock code to use osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817

Fix several queries with mySQL 5.x syntax

Included percentage based group discounts in stock MS

Add warning when renaming configuration table

Identify the "Super-Admin" in admin side

Get it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

As always contributions are always appreciated and stimulate development and support!

Hi,

I really like this contribution. I can also put time and effort on this project.

I loaded two versions from scratch. V1.8 and V1.9,

In both cases, when I go to Admin side of OSCOMMERCE, I do see multi-store in configure box. However, the configuration do not look like what is in the manual.

I am not sure if anyone can give me a bit of hand. I am trying to install from scratch new OSCOMMERCE.

This is what I have done:

1. Unpack your files and just override the existing files. (as recommended)

2. Run the SQL queries to update my databases

Then I tried to go into Admin side of OSCOMMERCE, but did not see screen similar to the manual. However, I do see the multi-store in configure box.

Thanks...

Fred

This is what I have done:

1. Unpack your files and just override the existing files. (as recommended)

2. Run the SQL queries to update my databases

Then I tried to go into Admin side of OSCOMMERCE, but did not see screen similar to the manual. However, I do see the multi-store in configure box.

Fred, when you click on the Mult-Stores portion in the Configuration of the admin side of things, what do you see? Can you take a screen shot and post it?

I have just performed a fresh over-write-and-run installation on the latest 2.2 MS2 and have not seen the issue you are describing.

Thanks.

hai, i am testing the contrib from hobbzilla. looks nice. i am testing it with 2 shops. now i was wondering, if it's possible that the admin of shop1 only administer the orders of the customers of shop1. and the admin of shop2 only administer the orders of the customers of shop2. but the admin of shop1 cannot administer the orders of the customers of shop1, and vice versa. i would be very thankful for any help.

TIA

Felidae (Lat.:family of cats)

Hi I have the same problems, though i have assign in the admin section under Administrators the ability to assign administrator's to specific stores.

Have you work out this problem since u have post so long ago.

Thank you.

Hello.

I have installed the mod multi-stores_v1_9 and i have created 2 more stores + the default store.

I need to have several distributors on the same location. i need only one store and some products will be controlled by an distrutor, other some products by another distributor and so on...

My question is:

i have products assgined to different stores, but these products dont appears on the buyer store while the products are not assigned to the default store...

but if i have products assigned to the default store and i do a purchase, when i go to the admin section for a store (not the default) i do not see the purchase in the orders.

i see the purchase on the default store orders...

can anyone give me some help?

vivaldi,

I'm having trouble following you.

From what I gather:

1) You have 3 stores.

2) You have defined multiple distributors (please think of a distributor like a manufacturer and not like an administrator).

3) You have various products assisgned to various stores but not necessareily all or multiple stores.

Have you defined the distributor for the products in question?

Are you having issues where product_A that is assigned to store_B is not showing up on store_B?? If so, is it showing up on any other store?

ok, sorry.

i will explain completly the situation.

i have an online store in my web, supose for pc's.

im the administrator.

i have 3 parts on the same store.

1.- default Store . My store, because im selling memory cards and hard disks.

2.- Store 2. The same store, but i need to give to a distributor (distributorGC) the control over the graphics cards sells. I do not want to sell graphic cards, but i have one person that wants to sell graphics cards on my store. I need to give control over the orders and to put new products in the "graphic cards" products to the distributor.

3.- Store 3. Same situation, but with Network cards (distributorNC).

All 3 stores are showd as only one store.

All the parts from these 3 stores are on the same url. I need to show all the products in only one store.

All the products will be payed to me by the customers and i will pay to the distributors the parts selled from the store 2 and store 3.

I have then 2 distributors:

(distributorGC)

(distributorNC)

I have then 3 stores:

- Default-

- Store 1.

- Store 2.

i have too 3 products in my general store.

Product 1: a memory card (Me).

Product 2: a graphic card (distributorGC).

Product 3: a network card (distributorNC).

I need to see these 3 products on my store.

i need to assign the product 1 to my store.

assign the product 2 to the store 2.

assign the product 3 to the store 3.

the problem is: if i assign the products to only his own store, i dont see the product on the customers store.

if i assign the products to the default store and too to his own store, i see the products, but when a customer buy by example the product 2, the admin for (distributorGC) do not see the orders. Only the superadmin can see the orders.

Do you understand me?

Thanks and regards

Edited by vivaldi

Vivaldi,

Yes what you are attempting to do is not what the Multi-stores contribution was created to do.

If you are wanting to sell products A, B & C all from one store. Then you don't need multiple stores. You just need one store. Unless you are wanting to have the distributor have their own store with just their products as well (and not the other two) you should just setup multiple admins assigned to the various distributors and only give them access to the areas that you want them to see and be able to add, change etc.

You might also want to look into some of the other contributions specifically the 'Multi Vendor shipping' ones.

Hobzilla,

I've installed Your EP patch and fixed the error with new categories that you posted on March 4th, however, now i'm having a problem when i add in a new manufacturers id. I can change every field in the txt document that I upload except for the manufacturers id... when I do, I get this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'manufacturers_id) VALUES ( ' at line 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, products_qty_blocks, distibutors_id manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'asdf/products/asdf.jpg', 'asdf', '33', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, NULL, '1', '20.95', '500', '', '1', '11')

Now, I'm pretty sure that the error lies in the code below which can be found at admin/categories.php

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_qty_blocks, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, distributors_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_qty_blocks']) . "', now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['distributors_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

But I have NO idea what the error is here...

can you help me out?