• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Hello Ryan,

I have not found where to setup the currency default for each store.

For example I would like to have the following currency defaults;

Store #1: USA

Store #2: Canadian

Store #3: Euro

More than likely I have missed something?

Please provide a little insight on how to configure this.

Thanks in advance.

There is currently no default method of providing different default currencies to different stores without creating additional currency tables for each store. If you are successful, we would love to hear back from you and how you decided to implement this portion.

Dear Ryan,

while continuing the testing, creating new user account yields error:

Column customers_info.customers_info_source_id seems to be from another mod (2159, How Did You Hear About Us?).

This was addressed in the "Patch to bring v1.7 to 1.7.1" and I believe is also applied to Vger's zip upload.

Hi! Is it possible to run Multi-Stores multiple shop system togheter with CCGV (Credit Class & Gift Vouchers)? Is it some how possible to use coupons restricted to different stores? If not, is there another contribution close to this that supports that possibility?

I would really appreciate help with this question. I need to inform a client soonest possible. Thanks!!

Edited by Fredrik.r

There is currently no default method of providing different default currencies to different stores without creating additional currency tables for each store. If you are successful, we would love to hear back from you and how you decided to implement this portion.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was going through the english.php file a while ago and found this at line 38 in it.

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'AUS');

I changed mine to Australian, instead of the installed USA one.

I haven't tested it, but I believe this would be the place for this...

-steve

Multi-Stores Version 1.8 released!

Get it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

v1.8 - 02/07/06

Update stock code to use osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

Don't allow anyone but super-admin to view hidden configuration (gID=6)

In categories move & copy to product display enabled categories for store

and not just categories that are the same as the distributor assigned

to that admin

Bug fix for orders_products distrib_id (credit: ian oda - tahuti)

Bug fix for product price schedules

Bug fix for customer groups in admin (credit: Ole Hoppe - aragorn108)

Multi-Stores Version 1.8 released!

Get it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

v1.8 - 02/07/06

Update stock code to use osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

Don't allow anyone but super-admin to view hidden configuration (gID=6)

In categories move & copy to product display enabled categories for store

and not just categories that are the same as the distributor assigned

to that admin

Bug fix for orders_products distrib_id (credit: ian oda - tahuti)

Bug fix for product price schedules

Bug fix for customer groups in admin (credit: Ole Hoppe - aragorn108)

Excellent! Thanks Hobbs!

Any Chance of getting a copy of Easy Populate that works with either version of 1.8?

Thanks in advance!

Zex

Problems with images on the front end of the catalog....

images have the following format

http://www.yourdomain.comdir_ws_http_catal.../oscommerce.gif

1.7 worked fine for me, just having this problem with 1.8, reloaded just in case a file was corrupted. No go, still no images.

Admin section works fine as far as I can tell at this point, images show up and navigation isn't affected.

Edited by serenity

Note: Just went and overwrote 1.8 with 1.7 and images show up no problems on the front end without any changes any where else...then I reloaded 1.8 over the top and everything seems to be working still, missing file in 1.8?

Hi! Is it possible to run Multi-Stores multiple shop system togheter with CCGV (Credit Class & Gift Vouchers)? Is it some how possible to use coupons restricted to different stores? If not, is there another contribution close to this that supports that possibility?

I would really appreciate help with this question. I need to inform a client soonest possible. Thanks!!

I have CCGV running with multistores. It works fine, install was a bit tediuous, but it took me less than half a days work to implement it.

You can limit coupons to categories, so yes, you can limit coupons to stores, or categories in particular stores or individual items.

We have not used the voucher part of the contrib yet, dont know that we ever will, but I remember there was a security bug fix I needed to apply before we do start using it.

Matt

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

i've just installed this contribution, but i can't seem to get past the login page. I did some test and seems like the variables $submit, $username, $password aren't passed with the form.

However when i put require('includes/application_top.php'); in comments they do get passed but there is of course alot of required code in that file, so that's no solution. There must be something in there that messes up the variables or something.

Does anyone has an idea on how to solve this? i'm running it on apache localhost on winxp.

thanks in advance :)

I get the same error. I am completely lost. I do not know what else to change.

Did you fix this problem?

can you help me?

It is sure that it cannot pass the variables, but I do not know why....

admin/login.php?in_login=yes&retpage=%2Fadmin%2F

this is the url... I guess it is wrong. anyone can help me please??

thanks!

Edited by odela

I get the same error. I am completely lost. I do not know what else to change.

Did you fix this problem?

can you help me?

It is sure that it cannot pass the variables, but I do not know why....

admin/login.php?in_login=yes&retpage=%2Fadmin%2F

this is the url... I guess it is wrong. anyone can help me please??

thanks!

It's definitly a path problem that your having. You might have a trailing slash on a path where you shouldn't or something like that.

Mouse over the "admin site" link in the upper right and compare that to what the URL is. See if you can find any differences and fix them. Good luck.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

It's definitly a path problem that your having. You might have a trailing slash on a path where you shouldn't or something like that.

Mouse over the "admin site" link in the upper right and compare that to what the URL is. See if you can find any differences and fix them. Good luck.

You mean in admin/configure.php paths?

ok, I will check...

thanks!

No, I think this is a software problem. I tracked down the problem and concluded that the system does a redirection via HTTP. The use a Location: blah blah That makes the system loose the login variables.

// line 200 of admin/includes/application_top.php file
//rmh M-S_multi-stores
 require( DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/administrators.php' );
 RequireLoginValidForPage( $REQUEST_URI );

This function makes the redirection RequireLoginValidForPage( $REQUEST_URI ); I can comment it out so it will not make the redirection but it will not work.

Do you have a point on this?

Thank you so much.

zilla

Does this contribution have the ability to have each individual store have its own language.

Here is the reason I ask.

I would really like to use this contribution but there are a few key contributions that I can not do without. These contribution are for SEO. I was able to install the Header_tags_controller and Ultimate_SEO contributions fine in the main store. The problem I run into is with Header tags controller.

My plan is to use the main store to house all of the catagories in my store and seo optimize that store to a set broad key words.

Then my additional stores will each display one top level catagory and be optimized to that specific catagory and all stores will be back linked to each other.

The only way this will be effective is if I can control the header tags of each product individually for each store.

My grand plan:

Delete all languages except for english.

Copy all english language files and folders and rename them to the store name.

Assign each store a different language.

The result: When creating or editing a product a header tag text box for each language defined will be available so you would be able to manipulate the information for seo.

This is a work around that will limit me to the english language.

Do you think there could be an easier way.

Thanks

Desperately needing help!!!

This contribution would be absolutely perfect for me so I?m very keen to get it working. As you can no doubt suspect, I?m no php programmer but I?m normally able to blunder my way through problems but this one has me completely stumped.

After a fresh install I get the following message errors:

After clicking a catergory in index.php:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '2', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '2', products_to_categories p2c, categories c INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '2' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '1' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 9

And by clicking a product from Whats New in product_info:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '2', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '2', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '2', products_to_categories p2c INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '2' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '27' and pd.products_id = '27' and pd.language_id = '1'

This is a rundown of what I have done. I would be very very very grateful if you could spot any mistakes I?ve made or point me in the right direction.

-Copied fresh oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113 files and install

-Install details:

?localhost?

?oscommerce?

Persistent connections: on

Session storage: database

-Successful import of database etc.

-Install further details:

http://localhost/shanklin/workshops/

E:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/shanklin/workshops/

-Made includes/configure.php read only

-Changed install folder to qinstall

-Copied multi-store files

-Imported update.sql to oscommerce in phpMyAdmin

-Successful import to database.

-Logged in to admin

-Created Store:

-?Musicals?

-?http://localhost/shanklin/musicals?

-?configuration_musicals?

-Inserted default configuration table: yes

-In phpMyAdmin:

-?configuration_musicals? exists Stores ID = 2

-?Musicals? exists in ?stores? ID = 2

-Define WS & FS paths

-Checked and double checked

?.. but still the errors.

I?ve probably missed the obvious but my girlfriend is about to slit my throat because I?ve been sat here all weekend going nuts.

Please save me from the wrath of a very angry woman.

Regards,

Robin.

Please save me from the wrath of a very angry woman.

A couple of things I noticed with your "steps so far"...

I am assuming that you copied the original M-S applied catalog to the musicals directory?

Did you update the configuration table definition for the new musicals store? Did you add languages to both stores in the admin side? Have you applied any products and categories to the musicals store in the admin side?

A couple of things I noticed with your "steps so far"...

I am assuming that you copied the original M-S applied catalog to the musicals directory?

Did you update the configuration table definition for the new musicals store? Did you add languages to both stores in the admin side? Have you applied any products and categories to the musicals store in the admin side?

Hi Hobzilla,

Thank you so much for getting back so quickly.

The original M-S catalog files were indeed copied to musicals folder, languages added, catergories defined and products added.

I'n not sure if this helps you to help me but the errors come up on both 'stores'.

Any further help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Robin.

Hi Hobzilla,

Thank you so much for getting back so quickly.

The original M-S catalog files were indeed copied to musicals folder, languages added, catergories defined and products added.

I'n not sure if this helps you to help me but the errors come up on both 'stores'.

Any further help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Robin.

Sorry to say, I haven't and don't experience this issue. You are getting what appears to be a mySQL error message. I copied and pasted your select statement into a store that I have with multiple stores and it executed correctly. I don't know how much help I can be, but if you post your version of mySQL and php someone may be able to help.. It also may be worth while to post some questions over at the mysql forums.

Sorry I can't help much more than that as the SQL statement is valid and I don't know the ins and outs of mysql very well.

Hi Hobzilla,

Thank you so much for your contribution :)

(Sorry for my language i'm french)

I have 2 Os installation.

http://localhost/os

the main

http://localhost/bgl

the secondary .

All is good , but when i define an administrator for http://localhost/bgl , he can't add new category of profuct or product if the administrator of http://localhost/os haven't define a category for http://localhost/bgl .

It is normal?

Edited by June_cisco

Sorry to say, I haven't and don't experience this issue. You are getting what appears to be a mySQL error message. I copied and pasted your select statement into a store that I have with multiple stores and it executed correctly. I don't know how much help I can be, but if you post your version of mySQL and php someone may be able to help.. It also may be worth while to post some questions over at the mysql forums.

Sorry I can't help much more than that as the SQL statement is valid and I don't know the ins and outs of mysql very well.

Thanks for looking into it. Perhaps the import of the updated tables was incorrect.

I will persevere and let you know when I get it sorted.

Many thanks,

Robin.

Hi,

you excuse me my english... i'm italian.

I have just installed Multi-Stores multiple shop system 1.8 with OSC 2.2 MS 2 - 051113 over PHP Version 4.3.10.

Tha Admin side is ok, but the products of catalog contains no products till when press on the "STORE" button into Admin panel categories.

I must make this operation every time? or I have better to configure my System?

(...I would want to insert the products and automatically it publishes to the catalog!)

Thanks for your help.

I have an error.. can someone please help:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/price_schedule.php on line 254

Anybody knows what this means? Any help is appreciated.

Is there a way to hide child categories?

The reason I ask is... my product categories are setup like this for my multi-store instatllation of a band merchandise company...

MUSIC (category)

- Band 1 (child category)

- CD 1 (product)

- CD 2 (product)

- Band 2 (child category)

- CD 1 (product)

- CD 2 (product)

CLOTHING

- Band 1

- T-shirt 1

- T-shirt 2

- Band 2

- T-shirt 1

- T-shirt 2

When I select MUSIC / Band 1 to display in Band 1's store, it displays the category (Music) and the child category (Band 1) in the store menu. Obviously, I don't want "Band 1" displayed since I'm in Band 1's store. I just want MUSIC displayed and to show all of Band 1's products.

Sorry for the terrible explanation!

HELP!

There's probably an easy answer to this question >_< , so I was wondering if someone could give me some advice before I go in and start hacking code.