• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

i need to have for many stores /multiple shops/ in subdomains

1. shared accounts and

2. one shared shopping cart across different domains

it is important becouse i have a virtual bank terminal, installed in default shipping cart and need to use it in all shops.

Yes, you need to open the SQL file and look at it.

I believe it has some data you will not need and can be deleted/changed before uploading the file to your database.

How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck wood, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

My quest to make RC2a & Multi-store work together, click below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/349161-multi-store-with-rc2a/page__p__1459234#entry1459234

Hello everyone. I have a little problem that I wold like to share.

I have just installed a fresh installation of oscommerce, and I have the latest release of the Multi-Stores Multiple shop. I tried 2 times to set up the store but I can't get it to work fine.

The problem is that I can't login to the admin panel. I read thw topic and I don't think that there is something wrong with the config file. Still I will post it. Maybe someone with more clear look than mine, I am trying to figure out why this is not working since this morning. So here is the config file.

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/02/21 16:55:24 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://kalodio.gr'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://kalodio.gr');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://kalodio.gr');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', 'admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'kalod_user');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '#kal_user123!@#');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osckalodio');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

I would appreciate if someone had a clue why it isn't working.

The username:admin, password: admin, don't seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Theodosis

Hi everyone can we just have a little review here.

List of what this contribution offers and what it lacks / would likes. We are just about to embark on a HUGE project and this may be the bases. I have planning in for the next few weeks, start before Christmas and hope for it all to be finished & in by march (just to give you all some idea of timescales).

ta

Simon.

Hello I have read enough information about this mod, but none managed to be very clear.

I do not want control of a store's stock, but all want to have multiple stores of customers, each with its products targeted for the main store, each with its own administrative area, database and shopping cart.

Example:

Store 1 sells clothes

Store 2 sells shoes

Store 3 sells notebooks

Top Shop sells clothing, shoes and notebooks

My question is:

1 - The mod is installed only in directing the customer premises products for the main store or you must also install the mod in the main store.

2 - Each store has its own database.

3 - Products targeted to enter the main store in the database or the main store are stored in the source database?

4 - How to know where the product is sold in the main store.

If anyone can help me thank you.

Rafael

Hello everyone. I have a little problem that I wold like to share.

I have just installed a fresh installation of oscommerce, and I have the latest release of the Multi-Stores Multiple shop. I tried 2 times to set up the store but I can't get it to work fine.

The problem is that I can't login to the admin panel. I read thw topic and I don't think that there is something wrong with the config file. Still I will post it. Maybe someone with more clear look than mine, I am trying to figure out why this is not working since this morning. So here is the config file.

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/02/21 16:55:24 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://kalodio.gr'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://kalodio.gr');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://kalodio.gr');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', 'admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'kalod_user');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '#kal_user123!@#');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osckalodio');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

I would appreciate if someone had a clue why it isn't working.

The username:admin, password: admin, don't seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Theodosis

Check the SQL file with a text editor(notepad).

I believe that file has data that can be changed/deleted.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/349161-multi-store-with-rc2a/page__p__1459234#entry1459234

Hi everyone can we just have a little review here.

List of what this contribution offers and what it lacks / would likes. We are just about to embark on a HUGE project and this may be the bases. I have planning in for the next few weeks, start before Christmas and hope for it all to be finished & in by march (just to give you all some idea of timescales).

ta

Simon.

What it does:

-- using just 1 database & admin page, you can control multiple online shops

Example: you have several different websites, each selling something different

website-1 = www.spraymyhair.com

website-2 = www.cleanmyhair.com

website-3 = www.fixmyhair.com

1 database = contains ALL products, ALL customer orders, ALL customer info, etc...

1 admin page = controls ALL products(can select products which are visible in what website store,etc...)

How it works:

-- 1st website will be your mainshop/admin site

-- 2nd website will only contain Oscommerce files for shop (no admin files)

-- 3rd website will only contain Oscommerce files for shop (no admin files)

-- etc... etc... etc...

Main Advantage:

-- you don't have to log into every website Admin in every website shop to manage the data/customer

-- it's all done on 1 database and 1 admin log in

Other Advantage:

-- included is editable admin level access

-- can create multiple "admin" accts, each able to only access what admin pages you select

Example: "order processor" employees

-- they can only access the orders & customer pages of the Admin area, the rest are not visible to them

Example: "data update" empoyees

-- they only have access to the catalog page of the Admin area to do updates to products, the rest are not visible to them

etc... etc... etc..

Hi Everyone - does anyone know if there is a v2.2RC2a version of this contrib?

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, I believe the original author of this contrib is waiting for a stable Oscommerce V3 to be released first.

I did make it work with RC2a, but with alot of file comparing, cut&pasting, etc....

If you read my posts, I posted errors/problems that I ran into and some of the solutions to fix them.

Hello I have read enough information about this mod, but none managed to be very clear.

I do not want control of a store's stock, but all want to have multiple stores of customers, each with its products targeted for the main store, each with its own administrative area, database and shopping cart.

Example:

Store 1 sells clothes

Store 2 sells shoes

Store 3 sells notebooks

Top Shop sells clothing, shoes and notebooks

My question is:

1 - The mod is installed only in directing the customer premises products for the main store or you must also install the mod in the main store.

2 - Each store has its own database.

3 - Products targeted to enter the main store in the database or the main store are stored in the source database?

4 - How to know where the product is sold in the main store.

If anyone can help me thank you.

Rafael

Mainsite: display ALL - clothes, shoes & notebooks

site 2: pick & select just display only clothes

site 3: pick & select just display only shoes

site 4: pick & select just display only notebooks

In this mod, in the main/admin website shop, you can pick & choose any products you want visible at any website shop.

In the catalog section of the Admin area it will display something like this for products:

BLUE JEANS = [x]-mainsite [x]-clotheshop []-shoeshop

SLIPPERS = [x]-mainsite []-clotheshop [x]-shoeshop

You mark which store(website shop) you want the blue jeans and slippers to be shown on any site.

(notice the 'x' marks indicating which website shop you want it visible)

sputniknet,

i had already seen the basic idea and it had interested me. What else is needed / broken / needs enhancing?

I see you mentioned a how to on making this work with v2.2RC2a anything else? Not found anything else yet that would help / compare so I think in the next few weeks we’ll download and start work on this to see if we can then integrate into our existing project which is why I am asking about the above.

Simon.

• 2 weeks later...

sputniknet,

i had already seen the basic idea and it had interested me. What else is needed / broken / needs enhancing?

I see you mentioned a how to on making this work with v2.2RC2a anything else? Not found anything else yet that would help / compare so I think in the next few weeks we’ll download and start work on this to see if we can then integrate into our existing project which is why I am asking about the above.

Simon.

Sorry for late reply.

Like ANY test -> production: your test environment may work, but in your production environment may not. Like everyone here has mentioned before... backup, backup, backup, backup & re-install, re-install, re-install...

I spent hours with WinMerge program, trying to integrate/compare... then testing, testing, testing. Especially when you need to add a mod, you are trying to intermix it with "modified" files.

If everything you've done still has not fix the install, try modifying the "htaccess" file > this may make your install work.

The ADMIN area, the categories.php & configure.php files are going to be heavily modified. When trying to add other mods to ADMIN, keep this in mind.

Always add & delete mods/add-ons to ADMIN here (otherwise the Admin level access won't work):

/admin/includes/filenames.php

/admin/includes/functions/administrators.php

/admin/includes/column_left.php

--- add another line to it, example to add user_tracking mod: "if (CanShowBox('user_tracking.php')) { include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'user_tracking.php'); };"

Some may have encountered this error:

-- During checkout process, ran into "MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE" text displaying on the page

To fix this:

-- In the 'catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php'

-- Add this line: "define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE', 'Credit Card'); "

I believe that's it. If you can carefully merge this mod's files into RC2a, then everything else will work.

Ok I need help I am getting this blow after fresh install and have not been able to find out what the problem is. I am using osc 2.2rc2a and ms 2.0 with corrections 2.0. Wehn I go to launch my admin pannel I get this.....

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dieselpartssupply.com Port 80

Help Please.

Brent

Ok I need help I am getting this blow after fresh install and have not been able to find out what the problem is. I am using osc 2.2rc2a and ms 2.0 with corrections 2.0. Wehn I go to launch my admin pannel I get this.....

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dieselpartssupply.com Port 80

Help Please.

Brent

Far as I know, there is no way to make RC2a & Multi-store2.0 work together as-is just by uploading both to a live server.

(unless you are using an older version of OScommerce = MS2.2)

Did you test/modified it first on your own PC?

Can you give a detailed explanation of a "fresh install" ?

-- did you install RC2a first?

-- was both merged first, then you uploaded it to install?

-- etc.. etc..

You said "launch admin panel", are you saying "Cpanel" or are you trying to access the admin page of OSC after the installation?

Edited by sputniknet

I have a question can we get something like this to work. Multiple domains with different designs but use only one main site for checkout. I will try to explain.

Main Site: Mainsite.com

Another site: Site2.com

Another site: Site3.com

If some puts an item in site2.com or site3.com in a shopping cart can we get it to check out through Mainsite.com.

Is this possible ?

Thanks

Edited by sports310

I have a question can we get something like this to work. Multiple domains with different designs but use only one main site for checkout. I will try to explain.

Main Site: Mainsite.com

Another site: Site2.com

Another site: Site3.com

If some puts an item in site2.com or site3.com in a shopping cart can we get it to check out through Mainsite.com.

Is this possible ?

Thanks

The catalog(shop) files of Site2.com & Site3.com will be clones(copies) of Mainsite.com

Site2.com & Site3.com design(looks) can be different in every way, including the check-out pages.

ALL orders(data) via Site2.com & Site3.com will automatically go into the single database-- which is controlled by the single Admin area via Mainsite.com

Leave the design of Site2.com & Site3.com check-out pages like the Mainsite.com

Hope that answered your question.

Far as I know, there is no way to make RC2a & Multi-store2.0 work together as-is just by uploading both to a live server.

(unless you are using an older version of OScommerce = MS2.2)

Did you test/modified it first on your own PC?

Can you give a detailed explanation of a "fresh install" ?

-- did you install RC2a first?

-- was both merged first, then you uploaded it to install?

-- etc.. etc..

You said "launch admin panel", are you saying "Cpanel" or are you trying to access the admin page of OSC after the installation?

I it was on a brand new server that has not been used for anything else. Used one of my IPs to set up a website Installed a copy of OSC RC2A on it works fine then tried to install MS 2.0 and I get the following error from the logs.

[Fri Nov 12 22:22:03 2010] [error] File does not exist: /home/dieselpa/public_html/500.shtml

[Fri Nov 12 22:22:03 2010] [alert] /home/dieselpa/public_html/catalog/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

[Fri Nov 12 22:21:51 2010] [error] File does not exist: /home/dieselpa/public_html/404.shtml

So does anyone know what could be worng or a path I should go down to try to find an answer....

I it was on a brand new server that has not been used for anything else. Used one of my IPs to set up a website Installed a copy of OSC RC2A on it works fine then tried to install MS 2.0 and I get the following error from the logs.

[Fri Nov 12 22:22:03 2010] [error] File does not exist: /home/dieselpa/public_html/500.shtml

[Fri Nov 12 22:22:03 2010] [alert] /home/dieselpa/public_html/catalog/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

[Fri Nov 12 22:21:51 2010] [error] File does not exist: /home/dieselpa/public_html/404.shtml

So does anyone know what could be worng or a path I should go down to try to find an answer....

/home/dieselpa/public_html/catalog/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Edit the .htaccess file, change --> "#php_value register_globals 1" >>> delete the "#"

OR

Most don't have access to the "php.ini" file on the host server, so creating a 'local' file of "php.ini" in the folder might do it too.

( I read this somewhere on the OSC forums )

Also, just dropping MS2.0 into RC2a won't work(not in my case anyway). You need to carefully merge some of the individual lines of PHP 'code'.

Remember, MS2.0 was made to be use with a older version of OsCommerce, so some of the PHP lines are obsolete/changed/deleted/modified in some way in RC2a.

I believe the PHP version will be the main factor in determining what you can use and cannot use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have created a second shop in the root directory, copied from shop 1 two directories below this one. I have Fckeditor installed and Ultimate Seo Urls 5. From the shop 1, i have to turn off Seo Urls to get to my products and the FCKeditor works well there. However, in the second shop, copied from 1, Seo Urls are turned on and the products are accessible while I cannot get the Fckeditor to work there, infact, it just shows red crossed and nothing else. I have made the necessary configure changed in both admin and catalog in the second shop as well the .htaccess files. In the Fckeditor, i have made the necessary config.php changes. What else do I have to look at to have my shop 1 have the Seo Urls turned on and shop products and the second shop to have the Fckeditor working. Any help will be appreciated

Regard

Hi there,

does anyone know how to change the amount of time you can be idle before you are logged out of the admin?

Thanks

Dave

I believe the answer might be in the admin add-on forums, I remember reading it somewhere.

Hello,

Is it possible to chance the product details per shop?

The same product has an other name and/or description on site1 then site2 ?

And still working with the same stock?

Thx!

It will not work with same stock. You can only choose which store(site) the product would be active.

To work with different names/descriptions, you will have to create a copy of original product.

But you will have to maintain "double-copied" products.

Example:

-- apple = [x]site1, [x]site2, [ ]site3

-- appleZ = [ ]site1, [ ]site2, [x]site3