• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

I'm considering implementing this contribution, does anyone know the maximum number of stores running before degradation or errors start to show? I plan on implementing near to 100 stores but I would like some feedback on this contribution. Thans.

I think it all depends on your ISP. MySQL can handle great amounts of data very quickly, so I think the only bottleneck can be your ISP. Surely, if you try to overload a cheap account, it will start responding slowly, or even create errors. But if your budget for an ISP matches the number of stores you plan, I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems. I have not tried running 100 stores with thousands of customers visiting at once, but technically I don't see why it would not be possible.

Kind regards, Mikee

OK...

I love this contribution... it is fantastic...

one issue... i just created a new store, BUT for some reason the products don't have prices... I looked at the admin section, and the prices are there, as welll as in mySQL as well.. for some reason it is marking all my items as 0 and not their prices.. any clues anyone?

OK...

I love this contribution... it is fantastic...

one issue... i just created a new store, BUT for some reason the products don't have prices... I looked at the admin section, and the prices are there, as welll as in mySQL as well.. for some reason it is marking all my items as 0 and not their prices.. any clues anyone?

What i also discovered, is if i move this stores catalog details to the main store, the prices show up... obviously i must have modified a php file along the way to not display the price... but i know i haven't any help... it has only just happened as i added a new store to the dbase..

What i also discovered, is if i move this stores catalog details to the main store, the prices show up... obviously i must have modified a php file along the way to not display the price... but i know i haven't any help... it has only just happened as i added a new store to the dbase..

Resolved it....

According to the installation file i didn't need to copy the admin folders accross to the new store directory/servers.... so i didn't and now i have descovered you do in fact need to copy the admin folder/files accross as well.

I hope this helps others who face the same error..

Persitence does pay off..

:)

It's because you have deleted the currency "USD". You can readd it or edit includes/languages/your_language.php

and change the default currency here :

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

Cheers!

ok I tried to install this on RC1 no luck.

Got the dreaded Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' checked my ftp, restarted my browser but nothing, tried changing the script to point directly to english.php but just got another error.

Has anyone got this working on RC1 ?

Is there a prepackaged oscommerce with this contrib available at all?

ok I tried to install this on RC1 no luck.

Got the dreaded Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' checked my ftp, restarted my browser but nothing, tried changing the script to point directly to english.php but just got another error.

Has anyone got this working on RC1 ?

Is there a prepackaged oscommerce with this contrib available at all?

I don't believe that the multi-stores contribution has been updated to RC1 yet. An upgrade to RC1 does not seem very useful either, since the most important change to the RC1 update is the admin login feature, which has been part of the multi-stores contribution for ages. Just use an MS2.2 release previous to RC1 (like the 060817 release).

I am not aware of any existing prepackaged multi-stores. As a matter of fact, I am working on one myself, but it's not even close to being finished yet. There are other prepackaged multi-stores out there (OscMall, PHPMultishop), but they were not to my satisfaction. You could have a look though.

Kind regards,

Mikee

Hey... I was wondering if anyone could help me with a quick question. My company is currently in the process of setting up a new osC store along with the one we currently have running. We want to develop/implement a method of controlling both databases together or independently based on the situation. For example store A (our current store) has 1000+ products and we're going to be using many of the same products in store B. However, while most of the time the information will be identical there might be instances where, although it's the same product, we might need to make separate changes on a store-by-store basis (i.g. the description for product 1 in store A should be "Cheese Monster," but the same product's description in store B should be "Dairy Deity"). After reading the documentation I am not sure whether or not this is possible... it states that the product catalogs are indeed independent, but all it gives as an example is the ability to enable or disable per store... it doesn't say anything about individually editing per store.

So, in short: is it possible to edit the product details for the same product per store, or if the product is the same do they have to be identical?

Thank you very much in advance for you responses.

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Hey... I was wondering if anyone could help me with a quick question. My company is currently in the process of setting up a new osC store along with the one we currently have running. We want to develop/implement a method of controlling both databases together or independently based on the situation. For example store A (our current store) has 1000+ products and we're going to be using many of the same products in store B. However, while most of the time the information will be identical there might be instances where, although it's the same product, we might need to make separate changes on a store-by-store basis (i.g. the description for product 1 in store A should be "Cheese Monster," but the same product's description in store B should be "Dairy Deity"). After reading the documentation I am not sure whether or not this is possible... it states that the product catalogs are indeed independent, but all it gives as an example is the ability to enable or disable per store... it doesn't say anything about individually editing per store.

So, in short: is it possible to edit the product details for the same product per store, or if the product is the same do they have to be identical?

Thank you very much in advance for you responses.

Hi

Using the default setup of multi-stores this is not possible. In fact, the default setup does not even allow multiple stores per category, let alone multiple stores per product. I have been modifying the script a bit to at least allow multiple stores per category. This was pretty easy, because all I did was remove the category distributor requirement. In my version there can be multiple distributors per category, and thus multiple stores per category.

I am still doubting how to approach the concept of multiple stores per product. I also want to implement something like what you describe, but i haven't figured out yet how to do it. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

kind regards,

Mikee

hi

I just found a way to achieve the 1 file-set multi-stores like requested above.

Like I suggested earlier, it does indeed involve putting the STORE_NAME (or STORES_ID) into the URL, and make application_top.php select a different database_tables.php based on the store_name in the URL. It does take quite a bit of work, because all href links throughout the entire catalog section need to be updated to include the STORE_NAME.

for example, change (the beginning of) this link:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new)

to:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new . '&winkel=' . STORE_NAME)

I think this is about all you need to make the multi-stores contribution run on 1 file set. It also works in case you use a seo-url contribution.

This ALSO brings me closer to achieve multiple stores per product, like I desire.

kind regards,

Mikee

<quote>In fact, the default setup does not even allow multiple stores per category, let alone multiple stores per product.</quote>

I am sorry to cause confusion here. The default setup DOES allow multiple stores per category in case these stores belong to the same distributor. The same goes for multiple stores per product.

Currently there is no way to have different prices or product-descriptions per store. This should be possible by creating a prices_to_stores table, and extending the products_descriptions table with a stores_id field. Product_info needs to be adapted, just like admin/categories.php. it probably also requires a new page in admin in which administrators can add their store, price and description to products already present. It can be done, but I think it is quite a lot of work.

kind regards, Mikee

Did you make sure to define the languages for each store in admin/languages.php???

Sorry to sound like a Noobie ( but this contribution has me 100% beat)

How do I define languages in admin/languages.php??

I basically took a fresh copy of RC1 installed it tested it worked then installed Multistores over it and installed the included SQL update, So now I cant login to Admin.

Quick update in Admin when I hard code the English language :

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . 'english.php');
 $current_page = basename($PHP_SELF);
 if (file_exists(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/english/' . $current_page)) {
include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/english/' . $current_page);
 }

IE Shows a blank page and the status bar shows : Website found. Waiting for reply.... and it flicks repeatedly as if it's stuck in a loop

Ive checked my languages table in myphpadmin and English is there, am I missing something completely ? to get the front end to work I needed to manually edit the configuration table values.

Hey guys,

I've been trying to install and make that contribution work for quite awhile and no success yet :(. I followed the tutorial very carefully and so far I have everything done. Although I don't understand how can i manage other stores through the default store (on which I updated the database and overwrite the given files in the contribution) if I never include somewhere into the default store the admin username and password from the other stores? Do I need to update the database on each one and overwrite the files as well?

I'm really sorry if my questions sound stupid, but it is so hard to find the answers somewhere in 68+ pages of posts since 2003 on that topic.

Thank you in advance for your help.

p.s. for now whats working is that I'm able to manage values and items only into the default store but none of the others, everything is linked and set up properly as it's described in the tutorial about that contribution.

Edited by mikefrombg

Hey guys,

I've been trying to install and make that contribution work for quite awhile and no success yet :(. I followed the tutorial very carefully and so far I have everything done. Although I don't understand how can i manage other stores through the default store (on which I updated the database and overwrite the given files in the contribution) if I never include somewhere into the default store the admin username and password from the other stores? Do I need to update the database on each one and overwrite the files as well?

I'm really sorry if my questions sound stupid, but it is so hard to find the answers somewhere in 68+ pages of posts since 2003 on that topic.

Thank you in advance for your help.

p.s. for now whats working is that I'm able to manage values and items only into the default store but none of the others, everything is linked and set up properly as it's described in the tutorial about that contribution.

Hey Mikefrombg,

Ok are you getting errors? can you be a little more specific on the problems?

It is fully functional as you can see on my site i use 3 stores with one install, two of the stores co-exist on the same domain

i.e. mydomain.com/store1 and mydomain.com/store2 and the third store is on a seperate domain i.e my2nddomai.com there are some bugs i need to ironm out on other contribs to co exist with this contrib.. i.e. RSS-Feed for each specific store, etc.. i will try and help out how i can just can you please be more specific

If you getting errors post them here, there are others more skilled than myself here that might be able to help out..

Eoghan

Sorry to sound like a Noobie ( but this contribution has me 100% beat)

How do I define languages in admin/languages.php??

I basically took a fresh copy of RC1 installed it tested it worked then installed Multistores over it and installed the included SQL update, So now I cant login to Admin.

May sound stupid but did you try username admin psswd admin??

As the default when you install multi store

It's because you have deleted the currency "USD". You can readd it or edit includes/languages/your_language.php

and change the default currency here :

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

Cheers!

Thats what i had thought but it was not the case... may be some other issue but i resolved it by copying the admin folder/s accross as well :)

Mikeee

Just a quikie... possibly a bug i dunno,, i recently opened up my third store with this beaut package but it has only 50 products, but then testing it out at a mates place (to ensure accuracy etc) i found when i click on the whats new link the page says over 200 products so i can only assume the other products from other stores are counted in the whats new, fortunately the products dont display... any clue where i can find and fix this problem even a rough are to try?

i may have to put a code along something in the lines of

//rmh

if correct store then

et.c. i am not sure the variables etc... but now as i am hollies i have time to learn and play :) any heads up would be great...

Hey Mikefrombg,

Ok are you getting errors? can you be a little more specific on the problems?

It is fully functional as you can see on my site i use 3 stores with one install, two of the stores co-exist on the same domain

i.e. mydomain.com/store1 and mydomain.com/store2 and the third store is on a seperate domain i.e my2nddomai.com there are some bugs i need to ironm out on other contribs to co exist with this contrib.. i.e. RSS-Feed for each specific store, etc.. i will try and help out how i can just can you please be more specific

If you getting errors post them here, there are others more skilled than myself here that might be able to help out..

Eoghan

I use mydomain/default_store, mydomain/store1, mydomain/store2. All the osc cards are fresh installs with no other contributions installed.

Do I update the database of each store, do I overwrite the files on each store? when i try to add a new product into the store1, nothing happens on it, but instead changes are applied into the default store. Again I dont understand how anything could change if I haven't put the username and password of the additional stores anywhere in the default one.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mikefrombg