• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customizing OsCommerce for Real Estate

sgtpepper

Hi,

I have used OsCommerce for a number of years now and really enjoy the script and its functionality.

I have moved out of E-Commerce sites and am focusing on databases for Real Estate. So many times, I have said to myself....I want this to work like OsCommerce!

So, I am wondering...how difficult would it be to modify OsCommerce for another database table?

For example, I would like to keep...the shoping cart (Turn it into a property wishlist), keep the product listing, categories, tell-a-friend.

Than basically, scrip out all the rest....

For properties in the shopping cart....instead of 'buying' stuff in your shopping cart....you would be able to send your shopping cart to a realitor.

My question is what would I need to change so that I can use my own data and table?

Is it ALLOT of stuff to change?

Are Oompa-Loompa's asexual?

You can change the table names - in the database.php file (but not the feilds lables/name - easly)

Change the "buy now" to a "request more information/tour" should not be that hard. -remove the payment requirment section etc...

Not that hard. You might even want to add the WYSIWYG HTML-area editor MOD to "fancy up" the product page online and even a Multiple Pic MOD like MoPic for the "extra" photos.... Maybe a "template" system like BTS or STS....

A small bit of work - but you can leave a majority of the core code as is. The balance is "common" changes. See the Wiki site for how to remove un-needed inforboxes etc...

Good Luck

Archived