• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Adding new fields to Easy Populate

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the instructions here for adding a new field to use with Easy Populate.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1717

If you find any bugs or need any help feel free to post here or email me.

For anyone that was wondering the instructions use EZ New Fields as an example field, but can be substitued with any field you want, as long as it is in the 'products' table.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

I'd likt to try using EZ New Fields with Easy Populate. Can someone

help me with the contribution link to DL EZ New Fields? The search

engine of the contribution list is sooo inefficient. I just can't find what

I want. :(

Sorry if this is not appropriate in this thread.

Please clear something up for me:

Do I have to use a seperate program called 'EZ New Fields' to add an extra

field to Easy populate?

Please explain how to update the 'products table' so that the variables

match with the extra field in EP.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, sorry if I was a bit confusing (I typed the instructions at 4am)

Anyway, EZ New Fields isn't needed to add a new field into Easy Populate.

The instructions are using the field used in EZ New Fields 'products_retail_price', but can be changed to any field you may be adding. Example: 'products_new_field'

As for no Froogle support, it means the fields aren't added to be used with froogle. For more Froogle info, visit http://froogle.google.com/froogle/about.html

-Dave

P.S

For anyone that was wondering, EZ New Fields gives you this type of pricing:

List Price: $10.00

Our Price: $5.00

You Save: 50%

It can be downloaded here EZ New Fields

Edited by lessliquidation

Dave,

Thanks for these instructions. I had just looked at the EP code to figure out how to add some more fields for SECv2 (to support list price, discount quanty, discount rate and discount type, 8 new fields). This saved me a bunch of time. One thing though, I thought the field location was NOT critical in the EP code. My first import scrambled the discounts and list price. I moved the block of new fields and everything works. Great!

Now I have one question. While I was modifying the code I noticed support for Linda's header tag contrib. I don't have this contrib but I do have SEC which includes it. How can I let EP know to support the header tags?

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

(rick_knight@rlknight)

(http://catdads.rlknight.com)

As for no Froogle support, it means the fields aren't added to be used with froogle. For more Froogle info, visit http://froogle.google.com/froogle/about.html

-Dave

Dave,

(thanks for replying by the way!),

so will this DISABLE or mess up the froogle export portion of Easy Populate?

Here is my situation:

I use Easy Populate, and would like to install EZ New Fields if I can be able to work with it in spreadsheet (i.e. easy populate ---which you have now provided a solution for) WHILE still being able to export to froogle without problem.

Is this practical and compatible with your contrib? THANKS!

I'd like to add a "sort order" field to EP that is part of the attribute table. This is to support this mod: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1690

I looked through the code, but it looks a lot more complicated than adding fields to the products table. The part that deals with this seems to be around line 2000 and it looks like the options_values_price and price_prefix are the only things pulled from this table and they are concatenated together before being added to a local array.

This leaves no easy place to store the sort order value.

I'm hesitant to start from scratch creating a structure to hold this, since I don't fully follow everything being done in the easypopulate.php code.

Any ideas???

I added this and it inserts the new field fine when I download the EP file but when I add new items and upload I get this error

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_retail_price, products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '14568mohxbox.jpg ', 'mohxbox', '21.99', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "2003-12-19", "2003-12-19", '1', '1.5', '5', '23.99' 'NULL')

What causes this? The items already in the store are updated but none of the new items are loaded.

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

I'm using easypopulate 2.7 with attribute support and I've tried editing easypopulate.php in a similar way as described to do with 2.6 but I can't get it done. Otherwise, I'm having good success with EP 2.7 but would really like to figure out how to add product_retail_price.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Easy Populate 2.72 with SEC. When I go to Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit' I am prompted with saving the file as:

Filename: easypopulate.php

File type:

Why would this be this way? I thought it was supposed to be a text file?

I'd like to add a "sort order" field to EP that is part of the attribute table. This is to support this mod: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1690

Ditto on this. EasyPopulate is an amazing contribution, and would be even more amazing if we could inclue the sort order.

As it stands right now, if you use EasyPopulate to change your entries, when you upload the file, it will set sort order on everything to 0.

I tried adding the new fields to Easy Populate. It looks pretty easy, however, I can download the products, but the new fields are blank. If I input data into the new fields in the spreadsheet and upload it, the fields are then blank in the database. Any ideas on what is causing this.

thanks

Edited by el1jones

i get this error

i downloaded my file and added a field v_products_retail_price on excel

and tried uploading i get this error

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpwt0jjI

User filename: testing small.txt

Size: 20035

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_retail_price' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_retail_price as v_products_retail_price, p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_added as v_date_avail, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND p.products_model = '125113' AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

This isn't a reply.. more like a question.. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

OK, i can set new fields with the instructions you provided, they show up when i download them from easy populate as a txt file.... but how do i get it to show in the products listing page and the products info/details page?

I'm very new to php and osC so please excuse my ignorance..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey -

:blink:

I've been looking all over the forums board on how to add new fields to EP, and thought I had found it with this one... BUT...

What if the new field I would like to add is OUTSIDE of the products table? Is there any way to do it? Say for example... specials?!? I've seen all kinds of people asking about how to do this, but it seems that no one will touch it with a 99 1/2 foot pole. That's really what I need to add. Seems like there should be some easy way to do it. Am I wrong?

I'm using EP v2.61.2 because I'm on the MS1 version of OS Comm . Any help or links to documentation on this would be GREATLY appreciated. I love the idea of EP and it seems like it's a great contribution. But since almost all of the products my client is selling has a specials price attached to it... it will be kind of pointless if I use EP and then have to go back into the web admin and add the Special price for each one individually.

Thanks

DC

• 3 weeks later...
would this be the tool to use to add an extra field for additional images? i have additional_images mod installed and i wanted to include the names of the additional images within the XL file. is this possible?

I am curious about this also as I have the Mo Pics module installed and would perfer not having to hand modify 1000's of products.

Along the same lines - does this handle attribute fields?

Can one assume that any field inside your catalogs product information is doable with this modification?

Does Dave respond to queries on his contributions anymore? He hasn't posted here since Dec. 10th.

Anyone know? Anyone have successes they'd care to contribute so we can judge the functionality of this mod?

TIA! :)

Edited by MsGIF

Supergrizz, adding a field into product_description was a piece of cake, as there is already an instert statement for there. there are a few other statements for other tables, so follow that format and things should be ok.

Linda, I have my EP handling the attribute fields, still working on adding attribute fields, however have not had the time to experiment yet. I have all the images, from subimage1 to bimage6 (12 fields plus the first bimage) for 13 image fields, along with 9 additional fields relating to movies/dvd's (actors, studio, release date, movie length, etc) and can update those as well no problem.