• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Actual Attribute Price V1.0

Hey All

thanks for this addon but i seem to have an issue. I installed the latest version of this addon which is labeled 1.8 but when i unzip the inside folder says version 1.7. i run OSC 2.2 rc2 and it all appears to work ok but when i click buy now on some items with no attributes it makes the price a - figure, and when i checkout the total will show for example -$60.00 and the cart will subtrack that amount from whatever other items are in the cart.

Any ideas?

thanks

• 5 months later...

Has anyone got this useful-sounding add-on working with a fairly heavily modded 2.3.1 and with the "add-weight-to-product-attributes" add-on?

Because I can't get it working, which is a shame.

First it wasn't passing weights to the shopping cart. Tried a fix in the instructions, but that brought up an error message. Then I saw an old fix for it not passing weights across, applied it and it started missing out the shipping methods page of the checkout process altogether. So I've uninstalled it.

If anyone does get it working with "add-weight-to-product-attributes" on 2.3.1, then I'd love to give it another try, as it is a useful add-on.

• 2 months later...

Hi, i'm Luigi and i have a problem.

I have installed Actual Attribute Price V1.8. Have OSC MS2.2

The only problem is in http://www.ferramentaclik.it/shopping_cart.php

The total is not corretly. The Error is in the "Totale merce". Total = products price + products attributes price.

I have fix it in Checkout Confirmation Page with this change :

'final_price' => $products[$i]['price'] + $cart->attributes_price($products[$i]['id']),

Change it to:

'final_price' => $products[$i]['final_price'],

How to fix in the Shopping Cart ? (http://www.mystore.com/shopping_cart.php)

Thank's - Luigi

images_1.jpg

images_2.jpg

• 3 months later...

I am also having the problem of the attribute price and the base price adding together in shopping cart.

So if I have base x = £10

attribute y = £15

I choose option y and in checkout the price shown is £25 instead of £15.

even if I choose x @ £10 the price shown in shopping cart is £20. The base price is being added to any price attributes I make.

I do have the base shown as an attribute as well. For example I sell grab rails which come in different sizes:

base price is for the rail at 300mm which costs £10 set up in admin.

I then choose the attributes so the correct item is chosen from the list

rail 300mm £10

rail 400mm £15

rail 600mm £20

rail 800mm £25

You then choose from the list which size rail you want.

Does anyone have any answeres to this? I have read all 12 pages of this thread and I can not find an answer.

Thank you

Edited by offie

I am also having the problem of the attribute price and the base price adding together in shopping cart.

So if I have base x = £10

attribute y = £15

I choose option y and in checkout the price shown is £25 instead of £15.

even if I choose x @ £10 the price shown in shopping cart is £20. The base price is being added to any price attributes I make.

I do have the base shown as an attribute as well. For example I sell grab rails which come in different sizes:

base price is for the rail at 300mm which costs £10 set up in admin.

I then choose the attributes so the correct item is chosen from the list

rail 300mm £10

rail 400mm £15

rail 600mm £20

rail 800mm £25

You then choose from the list which size rail you want.

Does anyone have any answeres to this? I have read all 12 pages of this thread and I can not find an answer.

Thank you

I have solved this after many hours of checking.

The problem is in the install instructions in version 1.8. If you follow the step by step install it states in catalog/includes/functions/general.php to add before the final: ?>:

// Actual Attribute Price
 function tep_adjust_price($attribute, $price) {

$adjustment = ($attribute-$price);
        if($attribute==0)
     {
       return $adjustment;
     }
     else
     {
       return $attribute;
     }

}

// Actual Attribute Price End

However, when I checked the files that came with the contribution which can be used for a fresh install I noticed that the general.php file had different code to add which was:

function tep_adjust_price($attribute, $price) {
   global $currencies;

$adjustment = ($attribute-$price);
   return $adjustment;
   }

After I added this code instead of the step by step install instructions the contribution works as it should.

I hope this helps anyone else who follows the step by step instructions.

Michael

• 1 year later...

Hey All

thanks for this addon but i seem to have an issue. I installed the latest version of this addon which is labeled 1.8 but when i unzip the inside folder says version 1.7. i run OSC 2.2 rc2 and it all appears to work ok but when i click buy now on some items with no attributes it makes the price a - figure, and when i checkout the total will show for example -$60.00 and the cart will subtrack that amount from whatever other items are in the cart.

Any ideas?

thanks

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution? Sorry for replying to an old post.

Hi Shelly,

Installed yesterday work perfect on 2.33 but I did not use the install instructions.

I compared the files using winmerge

as there seemed to be a bug in the install instructions as regards general.php.

So would suggest you do the same and concentrate that /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php is correct.

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I apologize if I missed a post that already addressed this issue.  I am using OSC 2.3.4 and I followed the step by step code changes, and this works great.  I only have one issue.  I have CDs listed on my store for 19.99, but am currently running a special for them at 17.99.  My attributes are CD or MP3, and I have the price of the CD set to 19.99 and the price of the MP3 set to 7.99.  My attributes show these prices, but in the cart, it still takes $2 off the listed price, because it is a special.  I either need the prices in the attributes to reflect the actual sale price, or I need to exclude the attribute prices from receiving the discount.

Current Setup will show prices on product page as follows:

CD 19.99 17.99

Format:

CD 17.99

MP3 7.99

If I add a CD and MP3 to cart, it will show prices as follows:

CD 15.99

MP3 5.99

Any help would be appreciated.