• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Actual Attribute Price V1.0

Hi everyone,

More question here...

I've used to have each product size/type as as separate product, which worked fine but required a lot of navigation and complicated things for clients. Recently I switched to using atributes but didn't like the + feature and this makes it harder for clients to see the final cost of diferent sizes (actually got some emails back on this)

Anyway, I decided to install AAP but found some problems with it.

When you buy a product using atributes which do not have the prefix it simply discounts the price from the original price. For example, if I have:

1kg - (10.00eur)

5kg - (+40.00eur)

It will work fine, but if I remove the prefix to show:

1kg - (10.00eur)

5kg - (50.00eur)

And try to add the 5kg option the cart will add the product but show a total of -40.00eur when it should just display the 50.00eur.

I've got SPPC for customer groups installed, not sure if it has anything to do with this since my shopping_cart.php file does not include the code that install files says to replace for groups?

On top of this I installed "add weight to products atributes v0.2" which seems to be working fine from my tests. A parte of the code in AAP is edited by this and altough I've been checking and trying different things I just can't solve the price question which is realling getting to me as I've spent over a day with this!!

Anyone having such problems? or anyone has ideas on what could be wrong or even how the final merged code for AAP+add weight to products atribute" would be like?

Help anyone?

Forgot one detail.

If I use price for the original product (I use this so that clients can see the lowest prized option for that product) and then add the several options without the prefix, the option price gets deducted from the original price??

In example, if the lowest option price is 10eur, this shows with the general product description.

Other options:

option 1 (15.00eur)

option 2 (25.00eur)

Choosing one of these will cause for the DIFFERENCE between the option price and original price to be deducted!?!?!

This only happens to products with atributes updated AFTER installing this mod. All the previous ones are working fine unless I update them or remove the + prefix.

Problem is getting rid of that prefix is the all point in trying to install this mod...

Also have CCGV installed but none of the edited code seems to be mutual.

Regards,

Hey. You hit on one of my pet peeves ("cheers" and "regards" at the end of posts), but I'll reply nevertheless!

Okay, here's my deal with AAP. I couldn't understand your post (too long). Anyway, if I had just 1 single set of attributes on a page, it would work fine. If I had multiple attributes on a page, well, let's say the base price of that product was $600. If I purchased an attribute that was $400, the shopping cart price would say "$-200".

Never put prefixes with your AAP; that's the point! THe point is to get rid of those weird prefixes.

Anyway, I noticed on the products with multiple (more than 1) attributes where the price total wasn't right, if I set the base price to 0 in my admin / catalog / products description page, then they would calculate just fine. So that's what I did!

I set them to 0. Then they worked. Then I installed The Hide if Price = 0 Contribution. This way, my products didn't show a price at the top of the page, but when the end user scrolls down, they see the various options: $400, $600, $750, $1000.

If you need any help with this or if this sounds like it might be your solution, send me an e-mail or Yahoo Messenger me (please don't send me a private message on here), and perhaps I can help. Good luck!

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot, it was actually simpler than I tought (after reviewing the code about a dozen times...)

Removed prefix from all already existing options, and it seems to be fine, even if the product price is left in the products description page.

Just an input on compatibility, the add weight to cart mod will also sum up the original weight in the products description with the weight of the chosen option. (setting desceiption weight to zero solved that easily)

Anyway I now have one extra problem/question... I have the SPPC mod installed because we work with retail as well. Problem is that so far using this system I can't get the retailer group clients to see their own price instead of the general price?

Obvious option is to duplicate products for each group, and hidding them from other groups I guess. This should work, but maybe there's an easier/lighter way to get this done?

I have looked around for extra mods on AAP to do this but nothing comes up.

Thanks again for you help.

Ricardo M.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting one...

Can anyone help me with this please? I have included the fix above (in order.php) to prevent the shopping checkout from doubling the attribute price, however the checkout now shows only the base price, while the shopping cart shows the (correct) attribute price.

e.g.

Base Price = ?10

Attribute Price = ?15

Attribute added to cart, cart total shows ?15, checkout total shows ?10.

I suspect this has something to do with either checkout_process.php or amending the fix in classes/order.php, that said I'm no coder so I'm just going with what seems logical!

If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it immensely!

Thank you...

• 1 month later...

hi i'm german, and my english isn't so good ;)

I have installed the contrib ... but I have a problem!

These are my Prices:

Base Price: 150?

Attribute Price: 165?

If I take the AttributeProduct into the shoppingcart, the Attributeprice was added to the Baseprice:

FinalPrice---> 315?

The attribute Price shouldn't add to the Base price!

The Finalprice should 165?(!!!) and not (150?+165?=) 315?!

Can anyone help me?

Go to catalog/includes/classes/order.php. Make a copy of it for backup.

Find the following code on or around line 230:

'final_price' => $products[$i]['price'] + $cart->attributes_price($products[$i]['id']),

Change it to:

'final_price' => $products[$i]['final_price']

Save the file and upload to the proper directory on your server. That should do it. Good luck.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

OK I have the latest incarnation of this contrib all up and running in my live store working 100%

the problem i have is when i take phone call orders and i enter them manually in admin console using the Step By Step Manual Order Contribution

this contribution doesnt take account of price prefix so it always adds a hard coded prefix of "+" and therefore prices are always too high !!

I have "fudged" around with the coding and got the step by step contrib to pull the right prefix and store in orders table when you add products but I am stuck with how to get it to stop adding the attribute price to the standard product price instead of using the attribute price alone.

Anyone got any time to help or have this contrib working in conjunction with AAP ?

Hi all;

I have the installation for Actual Attributes finally figured out

with the correct files to use but I've run into a snag.

I works great on products that have only one attribute applied

to it, i.e sizes at different prices. However, on products where

there are more then one attribute applied, i.e size, color or

quantity, scent, the shopping cart seems to be picking up the

$0.00 that are in the color or scent boxes. I'm not sure if I

explained this well so here is a link to a page for you to look at

http://ladykdelights.com/cart/product_info...4d9c61367b22dd4

I also have other products, such as shoes, where the price is

a single price, but there are size and color options which the

shopping cart is again picking up the $0.00

Is there a fix for this ? as I'd like the $0.00 not to show as it's

not needed. Or perhaps a different contrib that would meet

my needs?

Any help would be most appreciated as I'd like to get my store

live by the first of the year if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Karen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for this contribution Hadir, I was able to get it installed and working in no time.

Does anyone have a mod that allows individual specials prices to be assigned to each option? Currently I can only set the special on the base item and change the other option prices manually, but you lose the original prices doing this.

Did you (or anyone) ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue - the base price is discounted with the special price, but all the prices in the attribute drop-down stay the same. Does anyone know how to make all the prices in the attribute dropdown reflect the 'specials' price?

Many thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Finding this contrib very useful indeed, but would like to make one (hopefully) quite small change to speed things up for myself.

Is there any way to make the "value price" gross (including tax) rather than net (pre-tax)? All my pricing is tax-inclusive, so I'm currently having to use a calculator to figure the net value of each attribute.

Can anybody point me in the right direction please? Thanks very much in advance.

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I installed AAP, but now I have couple of problems. My sale prices are shown in the product listing, but when you put them in the shopping cart, they change to normal prices again...

Problem number two is when you look at the customers online, and they have something in the shopping cart, price is all wrong.

Can you help me with these, please?? :unsure:

Laura

Hello,

I've got a problem using the contribution.

I re arranged my complete database after I installed the contribution.

When I add a product with an attribute to my shopping cart the shopping cart displays the wrong prices.

1. The price next to the product is the original basic price

2. The Subtotal price is the product price + attribute price.

Can somebody help me, I've tried so many options and now I'm helpless.

Thanks in advance.

Stephan Mommers

• 2 weeks later...

I've install this contrib on a store with Separate Pricing Per Customer, this is used to give different prices for retail and wholesale customers. The only problem is, you can't put separate attribute prices for retail and wholesale. I think this would be handled in the SPPC code, but I thought I would post here, to see if anyone else had found a way make this work.

Thanks, Matt

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know or have a way for this to work with QTPro? It would be really great if it did....

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 2 months later...

Hi there complete newb to PHP and OScommerce, tried this contribution but obviously doing something wrong, can anyone help.

I can see the cart but when I go to order I just get this message.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/sites/serenity-solutions.com/public_html/thesleepexperience/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 453

• 4 months later...

Probably a misunderstanding or mis-read on my part, but I installed Actual Attribute Price 1.41 and all I get on all products now (whether they have a price attribute or not) is $0 in the shopping cart and at checkout. The shopping cart infoBox shows the correct total price, and so does catalog/shopping_cart, but shopping_cart shows $0 for every line item. When it gets to the checkout process, it even loses that and ends up selling everything for a total of $0 (good thing I'm in test mode!)

I wondered if some of the edits the instruction says to make for \includes\classes\shopping_cart.php were really supposed tobe applied to \catalog\shopping_cart.php, but they really don't make sense in there.

Any hints as to where I may have gone wrong?

Example of product that's misbehaving:

magazine, $8, no attributes - hits shopping cart line at $0

Another Example that's misbehaving:

magazine subscription, $60, three attributes: Full year sub at +0 (making it equal same as normal product price) 1/2 year sub at blank $35, one copy at blank $10. - hits shopping cart line at $0

Code has been input, tested, blown away by restoring my backup, 3 times, same result. I don't think I'm copy/pasting wrong, but its the only thing I can think of!

Thanks

Found the problem. The most recent download is just a small text file. you need to edit 1 file to prevent this from happening.

Hi can you share what needed to do here to make it all work properly? Want to make sure I don't miss it when I try it.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Seems that this contribution requires that the default price be set at zero - in order for it to add properly - which looks bad and is confusing. So how to hide the default price (the one in large print?)

Also, when I activate the extra admin/products_attributes file, to remove the prefix, I get a # of columns error

Thanks,

J

yes, actually i'm the one that made it.

it will work just how you want. i have a mix of both on my site if you would like to see it in action.

www.moto-works.com/catalog

thanks for the interest

Is there a way to adapt this for use as a shipping option menu for flat rates depending on the service? IE: 1000 business cards shipped via ups ground, ups 2nd day air, ups next day air saver, ups next day air, or ups next day air early AM.

I do not have the weights, just the rates for each product via quantity.

yes, actually i'm the one that made it.

it will work just how you want. i have a mix of both on my site if you would like to see it in action.

www.moto-works.com/catalog

thanks for the interest

Is there a way to adapt this for use as a shipping option menu for flat rates depending on the service? IE: 1000 business cards shipped via ups ground, ups 2nd day air, ups next day air saver, ups next day air, or ups next day air early AM.

I do not have the weights, just the rates for each product via quantity.

• 3 months later...