• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi I am just working on my site and i'm very keen to instal this contribution however when i try and import the sql file i get the following error:

Database the-final-touch_net_1

Error

SQL-query : [Edit]

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = '456'

MySQL said:

Table 'the-final-touch_net_1.configuration' doesn't exist

Is there any way to solve this please..

Thanks in advance.

I have managed to find out how to solve the problem, it was because i was using a lycos instal package and the tables were named differently in the sql file however i now have the following problem:

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

This appears when i click "new articles" or "All articles"

any help is much appreciated

Hi,

I Installed Article manager 1.4. I have STS 1.9 installed. I can't get the article title and header tags to show up. The titles and headers tags for all articles are being grabbed from article_header_tags.php, and it's the same for all the articles. I've looked so many places for a solution and i tried the one posted in this forum by jaxx. It Did not do it for me. Check link here. http://creatingbeauty.com/article_info.php?articles_id=2

This article is titled as asdfadsfadsf. This should show up in the title of teh broswer so we can have a search engine freindly page.

Thanks for you help.

I have just installed Article Manager 1.4.

Everything seems to work allright except when I enter an article. All the menus looks messy both left and right. The counters in () are missing after I enter an article.

I have worked with this problem in 2 days now....help!

/Bo

I having please display the articles after post.

very funny, I did manage to post it online and list in all articles. but once I click into the article I cant see any article content I upload.. what is the problem>

please help and urgently

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

I just finished adding the latest Article Manager to my site. Please visit www.claybaker.com click Articles to see the installation.

I have been looking at ways to increase the content on my site by having other authors write and contribute. I have been demoing a CMS product called vivvo (www.vivvo.com). This article manager has a great feature that allows for an Administrator, Editor, Trusted Author or Writer status. A trusted Author can write an article and post it to my site on his own. A writer can author an article and submit it for review. Would you consider developing this functionality into Article Manager? If so I would be happy to discuss a contribution for your effort and a reciprocal link on my site. I'm sure that many people would benefit for this improvement.

Thanks

Clay

Hi All!

I'd like to have a box on the Contact us page (in the middle, not in column left or right) with all the authors listed.

Name and description, clicking the name would take you to the Authors detail page with lists of articles and so on. Maybe it would be possible to modify the Authors box in some way?

// Micke

The problem below is exactly what i am experiencing. except, i have STS Plus 4.2 with Header Tags installed and i loaded Article Manager 1.4

a lot of what you placed as a solution does not appear in my files. for instance the application_top does not have require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

and my sts_dispaly_output has non eof what you wrote and is located under modulte/sts_inc/sts_diplay_output. would you have any recommendations?

This Article contribution is so great! I've been having problems with it since installing STS (Simple Template Solution), and also have Header Tags installed.

My articles were not showing up wrapped in my STS pages. After many late nights, with blurry eyes, I finally tackled the problem early in the morning and found I wasn't reading the solutions correctly! So to help others having that same late night problem, I've edited the (PERFECT!) fix from Jaxx. Hope you don't mind! And that it helps others find the cure;

-----------------------------------

FIX FOR ARTICLES NOT SHOWING IN STS WITH HEADER TAGS

------------------------------------

Fix from Jaxx

--------------------------------------------------------------

Article Manager was not working with Simple Template System 1.9 and higher with the Header Tags Controller installed. To get the HTC and STS to work I stated in a previous post that all that was needed was to disable the HTC code in /catalog/includes/application_top.php, since STS has HTC support built already. Here's what I actually did to make everything play well together:

-----------------------------

/includes/application_top.php

-----------------------------

Article Manager specifies to comment out the following line if HTC installed:CODE

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Instead, Change that line to:

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Make sure that // require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php'); is commented out

HTC adds the following code:

CODE

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

// Also used by: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

Comment out or delete this section. STS has support for HTC in sts_display_output.php.

------------------------------------------

/catalog/includes/article_header_tags.php

------------------------------------------

Added the following line to the end of the file, before the closing ?> tag:

CODE

// flag to determine whether to use custom tags or article header tags with STS

$use_ah_tags = 'true';

-------------------------------------------------------------

/catalog/article*.php -- that means ALL the article files...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Comment out or delete the HTC <?php ?> code blocks immediately above and below the

CODE

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

line, so that it looks like this:

<?php /*

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

} else {*/

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php /*

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

*/ ?>

---------------------------------------------------

Still in ALL /catalog/Article files (article*.php)

---------------------------------------------------

Changed the code between <!-- header //--> and <!-- header_eof //--> to the following:

CODE

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php');

// Moved header tag call to here to facilitate STS blocks

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

}

?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

--------------------------------------------------

/includes/sts_display_output.php

--------------------------------------------------

Comment out (approx line 159)

Change Lines 149-167 (stock file) (HTC support code)

// STS: ADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

// Capture the output

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";

}

$sts_block_name = 'headertags';

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

--------------------------------

to the following:

------------------------------------

// STS: ADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

// Modified to work with Article Manager (which uses custom headers)

if ($use_ah_tags == 'true') {

// require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

// don't process HTC - use headertags from article_header_tags

} else {

// Capture the output

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";

}

$sts_block_name = 'headertags';

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

}

// STS: EOADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

--------------------------------------

AND FINALLY

--------------------------------------

still in catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

comment out:

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed this contrib and my admin side is ok but when I do the includes/application_top.php add the following:

Look for:

// add the products model to the breadcrumb trail
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
$model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
if (tep_db_num_rows($model_query)) {
  $model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);
  $breadcrumb->add($model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
}
 }

and after add:

// include the articles functions
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles.php');
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'article_header_tags.php');

// calculate topic path
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'])) {
$tPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'];
 } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']) && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'])) {
$tPath = tep_get_article_path($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']);
 } else {
$tPath = '';
 }

if (tep_not_null($tPath)) {
$tPath_array = tep_parse_topic_path($tPath);
$tPath = implode('_', $tPath_array);
$current_topic_id = $tPath_array[(sizeof($tPath_array)-1)];
 } else {
$current_topic_id = 0;
 }

// add topic names or the author name to the breadcrumb trail
 if (isset($tPath_array)) {
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($tPath_array); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $topics_query = tep_db_query("select topics_name from " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " where topics_id = '" . (int)$tPath_array[$i] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($topics_query) > 0) {
	$topics = tep_db_fetch_array($topics_query);
	$breadcrumb->add($topics['topics_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'tPath=' . implode('_', array_slice($tPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));
  } else {
	break;
  }
}
 } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'])) {
$authors_query = tep_db_query("select authors_name from " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " where authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "'");
if (tep_db_num_rows($authors_query)) {
  $authors = tep_db_fetch_array($authors_query);
  $breadcrumb->add('Articles by ' . $authors['authors_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'authors_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id']));
}
 }

// add the articles name to the breadcrumb trail
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'])) {
$article_query = tep_db_query("select articles_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " where articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "'");
if (tep_db_num_rows($article_query)) {
  $article = tep_db_fetch_array($article_query);
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'])) {
	$breadcrumb->add($article['articles_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'authors_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . '&articles_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']));
  } else {
	$breadcrumb->add($article['articles_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'tPath=' . $tPath . '&articles_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']));
  }
}
 }

I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/includes/application_top.php on line 257

right after this line is where I added the code:

$cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

}

I'm adding the new HTML code but it's not working.... also if I add the code to the colum left or right I'm getting errors again. I'm almost there guys and I would appreciate any help on this. FYI I do have header tags contrib installed on my site if that means anything. If need be I can post my whole aplication top file.

Nigel

Edited by Tsuri Japan

UDATE ERROR MESSAGE:

If I add the code to the includes/colum left or right this is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_has_topic_subtopics() in /home/fukuokaf/public_html/tsurishopjapan/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 41

Just trying to give more info so I can get this figured out!

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

got it.......I just removed this section in the includes/aplication top and it worked for me!

// verify the IP address if the feature is enabled
 if (SESSION_CHECK_IP_ADDRESS == 'True') {
67.138.240.18_address = tep_get_ip_address();
if (!tep_session_is_registered('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS')) {
  $SESSION_IP_ADDRESS = $ip_address;
  tep_session_register('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS');
}

if ($SESSION_IP_ADDRESS != $ip_address) {
  tep_session_destroy();
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN));
}
 }

Hope this helps for others!

Nigelman

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue with Article manager on only one of our oscommerce sites. We have it running on about 50 sites and this is the only site with the problem. There are no errors but if you go to the articles, it doesn't display the page 1 2 3 4 on the articles and all articles page.

There are no errors and i just can't figure out where its generating from

http://www.naturalsupplementwarehouse.com

Edited by genxer

• 2 weeks later...
This vivvo article manager has a great feature that allows for an Administrator, Editor, Trusted Author or Writer status. A trusted Author can write an article and post it to my site on his own. A writer can author an article and submit it for review. Would you consider developing this functionality into Article Manager? If so I would be happy to discuss a contribution for your effort and a reciprocal link on my site. I'm sure that many people would benefit for this improvement.

i totaly agree, it wouldbe great if other users can add articles, it makes collecting theirmaterial and publishing it a fully outsource proccess - i wouldnt need to ask them for it to publish any thing and i wouldnt need to give them access to my admin area.

i cant help with any coding , but would definetly consider donating to the effort in other ways.

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

could any one help in posting some code orpointing to the right direction about how to just show the article topics ?

i just installed it and i have about 5 articles on it and already it looks very cluttered. if i could just display the topics and then the user can drill down to his article it would present it better for me.

thanks in advance

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

I used the patches in this thread and it fixed my problem with I click on NEW ARTICLES

but... when I click on ALL ARTICLES, I am still getting the following error:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

all I know is that the problem is in articles.php

anyone know the patch for this?

TIA

could any one help in posting some code orpointing to the right direction about how to just show the article topics ?

i just installed it and i have about 5 articles on it and already it looks very cluttered. if i could just display the topics and then the user can drill down to his article it would present it better for me.

thanks in advance

started typing with out investigatin it my self. i removed the article box cuz i didnt want any more boxes in my column.one i brought back the article box all the menus and submenues work perfectly . i use JCSSMENU and was hoping to integrate the article manager with it(look at my menu here - my webpage - at the moment i just have one link there for the articles.php file. but i would like that link to 'fly out' like the rest of the categories sub menus. this way it would look neater and i wouldnt have to have yet another BOX. in jcssmenu code there is this section that agregates all the categories and sub categories but i cant figure it out as i have no php skills at all

view the code in here

has any one ever integrated this with jcssmenu ?

many thanks in advance for any help

to help narrow down where the error is occuring I added some echo statements and the error is being generated from the following code:

catalog/articles.php

<?php

$articles_all_array = array();

$articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Edited by jchasick

Hi All,

The Article Manager appeared to work at first. Loaded 2 articles. Now when I try to add articles, and I hit preview, before insert, it states:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

Now I know this appears to be a server error; however, if my article is only 1-3 sentences in length.. it will submit w/o the error. In addition my error log reads:

[sun Nov 12 22:27:50 2006] [error] [client REMOVED] mod_security: Access denied with code 500. Pattern match "((select|grant|delete|insert|drop|alter|replace|truncate|update|create|rena

me|describe)[[:space:]]+[A-Z|a-z|0-9|\\\\*| |\\\\,]+[[:space:]]+(from|into|table|database|index|view)[[:space:]]+[A-Z|a-z|0-9|\\\\*| |\\\\,]|UNION SELECT.*\\\\'.*\\\\'.*,[0-9].*INTO.*FROM)" at POST_PAYLOAD [id "300013"][rev "1"] [msg "Generic SQL injection protection"] [severity "2"] [hostname "www.REMOVED.com"] [uri "/catalog/admin/articles.php?tPath=2&action=article_preview"]

[sun Nov 12 22:27:50 2006] [error] [client 71.71.243.124] File does not exist: /home/REMOVED/domains/REMOVED.com/public_html/500.shtml

so, any recommendations/ ideas?

to help narrow down where the error is occuring I added some echo statements and the error is being generated from the following code:

catalog/articles.php

<?php

$articles_all_array = array();

$articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

I have the same issue. The only thing I can think of is there might be an SQL incompatibility. If using MySQL < 5.0 I believe there is no issue. I'm using MySQL > 5.0. I'm still investigating. Has anybody else that seen this issue found a way to correct it.

Thank you - Marizka.

I have the same issue. The only thing I can think of is there might be an SQL incompatibility. If using MySQL < 5.0 I believe there is no issue. I'm using MySQL > 5.0. I'm still investigating. Has anybody else that seen this issue found a way to correct it.

Thank you - Marizka.

This issue has been discussed in previous posts. This is my update from what I found. Post explaining the issue http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=208286&st=

This query was tested on PHP5.0.5 MySQL 5.0.15

Original query in catalog/articles.php

$articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, 
                                                             a.articles_date_added, 
                                                             ad.articles_name, 
                                                             ad.articles_head_desc_tag, 
                                                             au.authors_id, 
                                                             au.authors_name, 
                                                             td.topics_id, 
                                                             td.topics_name 
    from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " 
   . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " 
   . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id  left join " 
   . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " 
   . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' 
   order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Modified query. Note that the only change was adding parenthesis to enclose from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join "

articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, 
                                     a.articles_date_added, 
                                     ad.articles_name, 
                                     au.authors_id, 
                                     au.authors_name, 
                                     td.topics_id, 
                                     td.topics_name 
  from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " 
 . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " 
 . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " 
 . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' 

Original query in catalog/articles_new.php

$articles_new_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, 
                                     a.articles_date_added, 
                                     ad.articles_name, 
                                     au.authors_id, 
                                     au.authors_name, 
                                     td.topics_id, 
                                     td.topics_name
 . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on (a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id) 
 left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " 
 . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad 
 where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" 
 . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Modified query. Note: The only change was adding parenthesis to from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join "

a.articles_date_added, 
                                     ad.articles_name, 
                                     au.authors_id, 
                                     au.authors_name, 
                                     td.topics_id, 
                                     td.topics_name
 where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" 
 . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Thank you - Marizka.

This issue has been discussed in previous posts. This is my update from what I found. Post explaining the issue http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=208286&st=

This query was tested on PHP5.0.5 MySQL 5.0.15

Original query in catalog/articles.php

$articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, 
                                                             a.articles_date_added, 
                                                             ad.articles_name, 
                                                             au.authors_id, 
                                                             au.authors_name, 
                                                             td.topics_id, 
                                                             td.topics_name 
   . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id  left join " 

Modified query. Note that the only change was adding parenthesis to enclose from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join "

articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, 
                                     a.articles_date_added, 
                                     ad.articles_name, 
                                     au.authors_id, 
                                     au.authors_name, 
                                     td.topics_id, 
                                     td.topics_name 
 . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " 

Original query in catalog/articles_new.php

a.articles_date_added, 
                                     ad.articles_name, 
                                     au.authors_id, 
                                     au.authors_name, 
                                     td.topics_id, 
                                     td.topics_name

Modified query. Note: The only change was adding parenthesis to from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join "

a.articles_date_added, 
                                     ad.articles_name, 
                                     au.authors_id, 
                                     au.authors_name, 
                                     td.topics_id, 
                                     td.topics_name

Hi

I got nearly all to work fine. But on the articles_new.php page I get this at the top of the webpage?? (see picture)

can anybody tell me why please? Non of the other pages have that problem?

top.gif

Furthemore i would SOOO much like to add a bullet next to the article heading. I managed it on the articles_new.php page, but cannot figure it out on the articles.php page. Where on earth do I put in the images - I've tried so much - but..... noop

Please

Helle :-)

Hi

I got nearly all to work fine. But on the articles_new.php page I get this at the top of the webpage?? (see picture)

can anybody tell me why please? Non of the other pages have that problem?

top.gif

Furthemore i would SOOO much like to add a bullet next to the article heading. I managed it on the articles_new.php page, but cannot figure it out on the articles.php page. Where on earth do I put in the images - I've tried so much - but..... noop

Please

Helle :-)