• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to have a Forward/back menu when actually viewing an article. I found in viewing an article, there is no option to go back tot he topic or articles.php page.

You can see the article manager in my site. It's on www.greekandromancoins.com. It's in an infobox on the right.

Kind Regards,

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Hi, just found out that my long articles are not being completely inserted into database. If the article is really long, only about half of it appears. Even in admin, when I go to edit the article, only half of it seems to have been saved there and only half of it appears in the WYSIWYG box.

Does anyone know how to help?

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

• 2 weeks later...

One problem I've seen posted here numerous times is caused by no authors or reviews in the database tables.

See this post for the way to fix it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124161

And if that post disappears, here's what it says:

My solution was to add :

if ($offset < 0)

{

$offset = 0 ;

}

Between:

$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1));

and:

$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

in the file catalog/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php

Hope that helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Problems with Articles displaying in STS.

I'm having an odd problem, and can't find the exact solution in the forums anywhere. I have Article Manager, STS, Simple Header Solution (and a bunch of other stuff) installed in my website.

The articles are not showing up inside the Template. The categories will show okay if I do not have any articles, but if I add an article it all disappears.

I'm not getting the header declare error that I see posted by others.

Does anyone have time to help me with this?

My site is http://spincraftpatterns.com

Connie

Wow, what an awesome contrib. Thank you very much to all who worked on this. It is professionally done and very very good. Plus the install couldnt have gone any smoother.

I have some questions that would really help me out if anyone could take a little time and answer some of them, or all!

==1====================

All of my articles are pdf files. So I want to make the following mod:

When an article topic category is listing its contents, I would like to make the article name the link to the pdf that I enter into the "article's webpage" url box. Because now I have to click on the topic name, and then see a blank page where it says, "For more information, please visit this articles web page." And that is where I can open the pdf file, by clicking on the "web page" link. Basically, I dont even want to have to access the article_info.php page. Just have the article name link right to the pdf file, opening in a new window of course.

I have tried editting catalog/includes/modules/article_listing.php and have the idea down, but I can't get the link to display the article according to its ID, I dont know how to incorporate that. It defaults to 0, so all of my articles open up the first article. I probably need a more advanced tep_db_query. But I am a little new to this, so am not sure exactly how to do it.

==1====================

==2====================

I have my topic categories setup 2 levels deep:

Category 1

Category 1a

Category 1b

Category 2

Category 3

Is there a way that I can make the 2nd levels be the only ones that display the count of how many are within?

So instead of:

Category 1 (10)

Category 1a (7)

Category 1b (3)

Category 2 (21)

Category 3 (5)

I would like:

Category 1

Category 1a (7)

Category 1b (3)

Category 2

Category 3

This is a lot cleaner and easier on the eys of the user.

==2====================

==3====================

I need to add a Articles to my breadcrumb bar.

It currently appears like this: Mysite > Article Category 1

I want it to say: Mysite > Articles > Article Category 1

==3====================

==4====================

If there are multiple levels of categories like mine has, there are no links diplayed in the body of the page for the subcategories when a category is chosen from the side menu. you can only get to a subcategory by choosing it on the side menu. What would be nice is if each category could have an images associated with it, just like the product categories. Otherwise the page is blank, boring, and leaves the user stranded.

==4====================

Any help would again be very much appreciated.

Thanks again for such a useful contrib, :lol:

Chris

This Article contribution is so great! I've been having problems with it since installing STS (Simple Template Solution), and also have Header Tags installed.

My articles were not showing up wrapped in my STS pages. After many late nights, with blurry eyes, I finally tackled the problem early in the morning and found I wasn't reading the solutions correctly! So to help others having that same late night problem, I've edited the (PERFECT!) fix from Jaxx. Hope you don't mind! And that it helps others find the cure;

-----------------------------------

FIX FOR ARTICLES NOT SHOWING IN STS WITH HEADER TAGS

------------------------------------

Fix from Jaxx

--------------------------------------------------------------

Article Manager was not working with Simple Template System 1.9 and higher with the Header Tags Controller installed. To get the HTC and STS to work I stated in a previous post that all that was needed was to disable the HTC code in /catalog/includes/application_top.php, since STS has HTC support built already. Here's what I actually did to make everything play well together:

-----------------------------

/includes/application_top.php

-----------------------------

Article Manager specifies to comment out the following line if HTC installed:CODE

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Instead, Change that line to:

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Make sure that // require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php'); is commented out

HTC adds the following code:

CODE

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

// Also used by: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

Comment out or delete this section. STS has support for HTC in sts_display_output.php.

------------------------------------------

/catalog/includes/article_header_tags.php

------------------------------------------

Added the following line to the end of the file, before the closing ?> tag:

CODE

// flag to determine whether to use custom tags or article header tags with STS

$use_ah_tags = 'true';

-------------------------------------------------------------

/catalog/article*.php -- that means ALL the article files...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Comment out or delete the HTC <?php ?> code blocks immediately above and below the

CODE

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

line, so that it looks like this:

<?php /*

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

} else {*/

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php /*

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

*/ ?>

---------------------------------------------------

Still in ALL /catalog/Article files (article*.php)

---------------------------------------------------

Changed the code between <!-- header //--> and <!-- header_eof //--> to the following:

CODE

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php');

// Moved header tag call to here to facilitate STS blocks

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

}

?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

--------------------------------------------------

/includes/sts_display_output.php

--------------------------------------------------

Comment out (approx line 159)

Change Lines 149-167 (stock file) (HTC support code)

// STS: ADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

// Capture the output

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";

}

$sts_block_name = 'headertags';

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

--------------------------------

to the following:

------------------------------------

// STS: ADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

// Modified to work with Article Manager (which uses custom headers)

if ($use_ah_tags == 'true') {

// require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

// don't process HTC - use headertags from article_header_tags

} else {

// Capture the output

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";

}

$sts_block_name = 'headertags';

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

}

// STS: EOADD: Support for WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

--------------------------------------

AND FINALLY

--------------------------------------

still in catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

comment out:

Hi! This is one of the best contribs I've seen here! It worked like a charm! But I have just a technical quetion: the infobox with article categories is on my main page, in the middle, and really wide. I'd really like to have it display let's say categories on three columns. Is that possible? See here.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

I am having the following problem:

articles are not shown, and instead the words "TEXT_INFORMATION" are shown.

The article box shows the article category but when clicked TEXT_INFORMATION is shown on the articles.php page.

I am using ms2 with bts.

Help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a double listing in my Articles Configuration. It reads:

Display New Articles Link

Number of Days Display New Articles

and so on.

I don't know if this is really a problem I need to fix or not. I have put in 1 article and so far it works (well, once I put in a "topic"...havn't figured out how to skip having a topic yet) I have double checked my installation to see if I put in something twice, but can't find anything wrong there.

Thanks for your help.

Hi does anyone know how to get the articles.php page to show up as SPAW freindly instead of HTML editor?

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello, excellent contribution. Its functions very well.

But I have a small problem.

My site was in french and in english and it is not exactly the same customers.

I have to make display some text only in English and authers only in French.

But when I place only text in French at the time of the addition, one sees in the English page a new article of XXX(authors) without title and texte because where donc put anything in English.

Is there a way of making appear the french texts in french page and don't see this article in english page ?

and english texts in english page and don't see this article in french page ?

thanks

Hi -

I've installed the contribution and for the most part things seem to be working. However, I don't see the wysiwyg editor. I did turn it on under the configuration area of article manger. Where do I find it? Also is it possible to upload pictures with articles?

Thanks,

Barb

I'm getting a double listing in my Articles Configuration. It reads:

and so on.

I don't know if this is really a problem I need to fix or not. I have put in 1 article and so far it works (well, once I put in a "topic"...havn't figured out how to skip having a topic yet) I have double checked my installation to see if I put in something twice, but can't find anything wrong there.

Thanks for your help.

I had the same problem. I found out that there were extra tables in the database with the same name. I deleted the extra tables via myphpadmin and they went away in the Articles Configuration. You must of run the mysql twice or something, thats the only thing I could think of! Hope that helps!

I figured out that I have to use IE to use the HTMLeditor. I can see the "Basic" editor, but when I configure the advance editor I see no editor at all. Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks,

Barb

Hi -

I've installed the contribution and for the most part things seem to be working. However, I don't see the wysiwyg editor. I did turn it on under the configuration area of article manger. Where do I find it? Also is it possible to upload pictures with articles?

Thanks,

Barb

I had the same problem. I found out that there were extra tables in the database with the same name. I deleted the extra tables via myphpadmin and they went away in the Articles Configuration. You must of run the mysql twice or something, thats the only thing I could think of! Hope that helps!

ummmm, where would I look? I havn't found any doubles yet, but wonder if I'm looking in the right place. I've looked in my cpanel files...and also mysql...but I'm pretty mysql illiterate so.....

Thanks for the help.

Hi -

Thanks,

Barb

Be sure you are using Internet Explorer. I know that it doesn't work in Mozilla.

Chris

I was using Mozilla and then found it in IE. Thanks! Do you know why I would see the "basic" editor in IE, but not see anything when I select the "Advance" editor? What is the difference?

Barb

Be sure you are using Internet Explorer. I know that it doesn't work in Mozilla.

Chris

I have installed article_manager V1.2. The Store opens and seems to be working fine. The problems is in the osc admin. I can open the admin, but after that when I try to open anything eles, like My Store, or Catalog I get the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxheading in /home/weightl/public_html/admin/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 68

Can anyone help. I have searched this topic forum, maybe I missed it.

Thanks

David

Hi Rob,

I Have installed Articles Manager V1.2 over osc 2.2ms2. Other previous installs are STS 1.9 along with header control tags. The store opens up and runs fine. I can see the effect of the installtion in that there is an new box on the left for the articles.

The problem I am having is in the osc admin. I can open the osc admin, but when I try to open anything in there like My Store, or Catalog I the the following.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxheading in /home/weightl/public_html/admin/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 68

Did I miss somthing in the install. I have read it over many time and I think I follow it. Any Ideas.

Thanks

David

Hi Rob,

I Have installed Articles Manager V1.2 over osc 2.2ms2. Other previous installs are STS 1.9 along with header control tags. The store opens up and runs fine. I can see the effect of the installtion in that there is an new box on the left for the articles.

The problem I am having is in the osc admin. I can open the osc admin, but when I try to open anything in there like My Store, or Catalog I the the following.

Did I miss somthing in the install. I have read it over many time and I think I follow it. Any Ideas.

Thanks

David

This isn't very technical advice, but you may have copied some wrong files into the wrong directories and got some things mixed up. I know I did and had the same problem. Just recopy all the files, taking careful note that you are doing it correctly.

-Chris

Now we just need someone to figure out how to make subcategories show up in the body of the page, like the catalog categories do. And ability to have pictures attached to each article woould be very useful too. Maybe even have a default image if no image is selected.

Just some thoughts, I know this would make it a lot better.

-Chris

I am trying to install Article Manager v1.2 but got the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in ....../ezfect/includes/application_top.php on line 550

What's wrong with it?

Thanks.

Luke

It's mistake. forget about it.

I am trying to install Article Manager v1.2 but got the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in ....../ezfect/includes/application_top.php on line 550

What's wrong with it?

Thanks.

Luke

I see a field in the authors table for author_image or whatever but there is no way to specify it.

I am wondering if this is a future feature and also if there are plans to enable the authors pic to be included with the article.....

Its great to be able to use te wizziewig to include pictures, but that doesnt specify it as 'authots picture'....

Awesome contribution.... the fact that it is mostly self contained is very cool....

thanks for any info :thumbsup: