• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

I have an problem with creating new topics/articles, when i enter the data for the topic/article it does not save this, i have looked into the db and see that it creates a new row but does not fill the fields(except primary key)

Where must i look ?

edit: well i found that i wont save the data in my languages, if i save the stuff in englisch it will be stored in the db.............so whats wrong?

Do you have multiple languages installed? What is the default language in admin (not the shop)? Does your topic/article page in admin show all of the languages?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Do you have multiple languages installed? What is the default language in admin (not the shop)? Does your topic/article page in admin show all of the languages?

I have installed the dutch language as default(front and backend), yes i see the stuff but i wont save if i enter some data into the dutch language fields, if i save it into the english it will be saved propper.

I now see that i only saves the content form the english fields/language. So if i fill in all of the fields in all languages(en,de,se,nl) it onlye saves the english languages data.

I don't have any suggestions for you. I tried it here and it works as expected in the various lanugages so I can only assume it is something in your installation but it would require hands-on troubleshooting to find the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Strang..... can you tell which file/part saves the data into the db tables? Because when i save all of the data it does created a new row in the db but doesn't saves the data(except english). All other languages are not stored.

I didn't change something so it should save the data.

Also i have logt in to the admin section with the english languages, and still it only saves the english data.

Or can there be something wrong in my db?

Edited by MarkDijkstra

Strang..... can you tell which file/part saves the data into the db tables? Because when i save all of the data it does created a new row in the db but doesn't saves the data(except english). All other languages are not stored.

I didn't change something so it should save the data.

Also i have logt in to the admin section with the english languages, and still it only saves the english data.

Or can there be something wrong in my db?

When you are in admin and about to save the file, look in the url for the name of the file. That is the one that does the saving.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I see that there is an path name in the url, this one has no value.....is this wrong?

articles.php?tPath=&ID=9

No, that's not correct. It is missing the tPath ID. Looks like something is corrupted.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that's not correct. It is missing the tPath ID. Looks like something is corrupted.

Well it does now create an path id, but still it's not saving into the other languages, if i just use the dutch language fields it creates a new row in the db, with just a key and de language id 1, nothing else....cant seem to find the bug

Well it does now create an path id, but still it's not saving into the other languages, if i just use the dutch language fields it creates a new row in the db, with just a key and de language id 1, nothing else....cant seem to find the bug

Jack, this is the same problem I reported months ago (as well as someone else at the time). The installation is perfect but only the English language works.

Mandy

I too am having problems with a dual language site. My default language is English and second language is Spanish (Espanol). When I upload articles the English saves fine but the Spanish does not, and there is no sign of the Spanish version on the database. Also when I click on the Spanish link when in /articles.php all I see is:

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_CURRENT_ARTICLES

I have Articles Manager 1.57.5.1 installed, along with Header Tags SEO 1. V3.2.3 and STS V4.6.1.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Gary

Jack, this is the same problem I reported months ago (as well as someone else at the time). The installation is perfect but only the English language works.

Mandy

I can't reproduce the problem and the test site I have here works in all languages. So there may be some problemin the code, most likley due to how a shop is setup, but I can't fix what I can't see.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_CURRENT_ARTICLES

You didn't install this contribution correctly then since those names are defined in new files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Which new files? I've installed the new 'espanol' files as well as making the changes to the language files.

The ones in the directory named "new files."

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys

i have STS, header tags and article manager installed all latest version

Header tags work but when you click on an article, the breadcrumb grabs the right info but the title of page doesnt.

It just has the articles.php file details.

Or is this how it is supposed to be?

Hey guys

i have STS, header tags and article manager installed all latest version

Header tags work but when you click on an article, the breadcrumb grabs the right info but the title of page doesnt.

It just has the articles.php file details.

Or is this how it is supposed to be?

ignore this after waiting 1 hour and clearing caches started to show the stuff, looks like my nets cacheing

hello

i have just inserted this mod to my fresh oscommerce 2.2rca(with header tags latest version) and after finishing the install when i try to open my index.php it gives me an error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tryed 2 times to instal and both times i've got this error.

If you know how to fix this i'll be glad to listen.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by zmirc

These were loaded at the time of the install and are all present and correct as supplied.

When capital letters are shown like that, it means a definition can't be found. You'll need to compare your files for all of the languages to the one that is working since that is where the problem is at. I can't help you any more than that since the problem is specific to your installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i have just inserted this mod to my fresh oscommerce 2.2rca(with header tags latest version) and after finishing the install when i try to open my index.php it gives me an error:

Internal Server Error

That is a catachall type error. It generally means, after an installation, that a mistake was made in the installation. The error is probably in the error-log file in your root directory. If you can't find that, ask your host to see what the problem is. It should be a simple thing for them to find.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Found a couple of bugs(i think). The breadcrumbs displays(article_info.php) home->artikels(artikels.php)->artikel(article_info.php). Which if you ask me isn't correct right?

Also in the articles.php is an dropdown menu which can be used to choose an other topic or author, but once i click on it it redirects me to de search page of the articles, this also happens if i want to write an review i get directed to the login page, afther the login it redirects me to the search page.

Ow dear, i just have seen the url afther i wanted to write an review on article, once directed back to the article search page i got this url:

article_manager_search_result.php?article_keywords=searchwoords&email_address=XXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&x=39&y=8

Edited by MarkDijkstra

I downloaded it a couple of days, so the last one.

I only offer support for my versions and, as I've seen here, no one is supporting the others so you are on your own, I'm afraid.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons