• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

also..

when I try to use the tell a friend about this article i get this:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/liposuction/includes/filenames.php:2) in /home/lipoalt/public_html/lxxxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/filenames.php:2) in /home/lxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/filenames.php:2) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

help please..:)

Gina

I got this worked out - I was looking to hard and it was right there - a space in the top in filenames.php

argh

Gina

*sigh* I am just having a run of bad luck - I had it working fine - created topics and all - and now all of a sudden it is saying:

1146 - Table 'lipoalt_osc1.TABLE_TOPICS' doesn't exist

select c.topics_id, cd.topics_name, c.parent_id from TABLE_TOPICS c, TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION cd where c.topics_id = cd.topics_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.topics_name

I checked phpmyadmin and the tables are there - and I did check database_tables.php and the descriptions are all there.. what could it be? Anyone?

Thanks,

Gina

In admin/includes/database_tables.php add the following

but i have no database_tables.php?

In i dont have includes/filenames.php

I have the newest oscommerce. hmm?

In admin/includes/database_tables.php add the following

but i have no database_tables.php?

In i dont have includes/filenames.php

I have the newest oscommerce. hmm?

What?

:blink:

Problems with application_top.php in admin

i have this message when i use the contrib

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_article_status() (previously declared in c:\appserv\www\www\admin\includes\functions\articles_general.php:77) in c:\appserv\www\www\admin\includes\functions\articles.php on line 180

can you tell me the answer?

Marcus

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_article_status() (previously declared in c:\appserv\www\www\admin\includes\functions\articles_general.php:77) in c:\appserv\www\www\admin\includes\functions\articles.php on line 180

You have the same function twice, I guess. You need to delete the function either from articles_general.php or from articles.php.

Many Thanks,

Steve

Oh, by the way....

I've configured my store so that the articles CATEGORY NAME appears in the title bar.

Below is a tip to make your category names appear in the users title bar alongside your store name.

Find this code in articles.php and in articles_new.php:

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

At present, this just displays your store name in the title bar.

Simply change this to:

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?> : <?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></title>

I'm still stuck on how to make the actual NAMES of articles appear in the title bar though.

:rolleyes:

not sure about articles, but I got the same thing working for list of manufacturers. When you click on the specific manufacturer it will display it in the title bar. Just replace the following section in the index.php at the catalog root.

replace with

<?php

if (isset($manufacturers_id))

{

$man_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'];

$manufacturers_info = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id='". (int)$man_id ."'");

$manufacturers_info_values = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_info);

echo '<title>' ;

echo $manufacturers_info_values['manufacturers_name'];

echo '</title>';

}

echo '<title>';

echo TITLE;

echo '</title>';

?>

you can probably canabalize this code to get the article stuff you are looking for.

Edited by csquat

Thanks csquat.

Your advice worked. :)

I changed the code around a bit and it now works. :)

OK, guys.... If you'd also like to make the article name show up on the title bar of he users browser....and, of course, show up in the search engines, simply follow these instructions:

Find this code in article_info.php

Change it to:

<?php

$article_info_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "' and ad.articles_id = a.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$article_info = tep_db_fetch_array($article_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " set articles_viewed = articles_viewed+1 where articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$articles_name = $article_info['articles_name'];

$articles_author_id = $article_info['authors_id'];

$articles_author = $article_info['authors_name'];

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?> : <?php echo $articles_name; ?></title>

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks. Not sure what is going on but....

I have done everything as required in the install readme file.

But when I am in phpMyAdmin, I upload the sql file (I have tried changing the extension to either .txt or .sql and get the same results) - it says "Your SQL-query has been executed successfully" and then when I look over at my database...um nothing has happened...no new tables created..nothing...

I have also tried just copying the sql from the text file and pasting it into the query box, but it gives me a syntax error message...

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Unfortunately there isn't. Only the tables originally set up when installing osc. This is the first and definitely necessary mod that I've installed, and yet...?

Again, no new tables created, even though it says my sql query has been successfully executed...

I already searched the forum but can't find the answer........SOMEBODY PLEASE?!

I've installed the article manager on a clean oscommerce and after it i've installed the STS contribution.

In the admin everything works fine but in the catalog I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_has_topic_subtopics() in /home/virtual/site107/fst/var/www/html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 41

in line 41: if (tep_has_topic_subtopics($counter)) {

SOMEBODY?

Greetings,

CHris

Hello All,

I have done everything as per the Installation instructions...Loading the SQL file didnt work, so I had to look at the SQL statements, and do the manual creation of tables.

It did say that table-linking was not happening. Does someone know how to fix this? this is using phpMyAdmin.

Also, now when i try to go to /catalog/admin/ it is the same page as before - no new article manager stuff.

When I go to /catalog/ I immediately get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_has_topic_subtopics() in /nfs/cust/1/7/8/apittm/catalog/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 41

So...Any suggestions?

I guess I am indiot...I searched the Installation problems topic of the forums and found the answer...heh heh...

Based on that, we can assume I'll be posting questions a lot...ai yoh...:|

For Craig (and others),

In request on a earlier post in this thread about a problem with the article manager and STS contribution. The problem was solved by putting the right applicationtop.php in the site.............that's all.

laterssssssss,

Chris